Chargers, NFL reportedly considering relocating franchise to London on permanent basis amid LA failures

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Rivers will never play for the London Chuggers.
Chuggers/Chargers? You really think they could move twice and still not change their name?
How stupid wound you have to be to do that?

Okay.

But Queenie Gameday....might not be a great promo.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Dean is triggered and stomping his feet.

I can’t wait to see the court hearings on live tv.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017

Here's the rub....if it was ticket prices....yes, Chargers vs Cowboys could draw a huge crowd.....but the ticket seat issue doesn t answer who has/will buy that seat....license. If the SSL is $3,000 for that nice seat, and a mandatory season ticket price addition of say $130 ( or $1300 annual).....will ticket vendors do that? I don't think so.

And if the Chargers say, we already reduced 26,000 seats and licenses....we could just reduce another 40,000 to much, much lower level than Ram demands.......i don't see the Rams liking that all. Less revenue for years, more anger from Ram season ticket holders.

Ps. From Comments section.....fan had a great re-branding name......The Light Sockets.

Last edited:

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008

Here's the rub....if it was ticket prices....yes, Chargers vs Cowboys could draw a huge crowd.....but the ticket seat issue doesn t answer who has/will buy that seat....license. If the SSL is $3,000 for that nice seat, and a mandatory season ticket price addition of say $130 ( or $1300 annual).....will ticket vendors do that? I don't think so.

And if the Chargers say, we already reduced 26,000 seats and licenses....we could just reduce another 40,000 to much, much lower level than Ram demands.......i don't see the Rams liking that all. Less revenue for years, more anger from Ram season ticket holders.

Ps. From Comments section.....fan had a great re-branding name......The Light Sockets.
I like how Florio insinuates that for Spenis to stop the rumors (and “repair” his image) he’ll have to publicly rat out Kroenke, which will just make it worse. Spenis can’t win for losing, Kroenke is totally outwitting the moron.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Previous cited article

Now lets assume three seats in section A whereby the SSL is $3,000 and the ticket prices per game are $200/$2000:annually.
The stadium gets $9,000 now in total (by 3 fan's debit base or cash).
And the stadium , Team gets $6,000 per year.
Now if Fan 1 Wants out of his mandatory deal, Team gets to keep the cash/ debit of his $3,000 and he can resell it for a loss IF he maintains his annual season ticket sale....otherwise he defaults, they keep his SSL funds and start the same process for the same seat for another $3,000 ( or higher, if Team is going great). Annual ticket prices also can go up after the first three years of the stadium.

Now assume the Deanos want to sell their “three seats” for SSL of $1500 and annual season tickets of $120/$1200.
(Assume they can sell them.)
$9,000 + $6000 or $15,000 year one
$4500 + $3600 or $8100 year one.

You know Kroenke and the Ram fans are not happy.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Like dean fucking spanos has any control of where that team plays

pay your rent you leech
Deano's a tough guy, now? Laugh. Laugh.

Jan. 11, 2016.....
The San Diego Chargers say they have “zero interest” in switching alliances at the 11th hour of the Los Angeles stadium derby and remain committed to join the Oakland Raiders with a new stadium in Carson, Calif.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is among those who have pushed the idea of having the Chargers and Rams together in Inglewood. But the Chargers still say they don’t want that.

“On December 7, the Chargers made clear in writing that we had zero interest in the Inglewood project, and nothing has changed since then,” Chargers special counsel Mark Fabiani said Monday in a statement to USA TODAY Sports. “Our L.A. stadium project in Carson has the most central location, the best leadership with (Disney chief executive) Bob Iger, and the ample parking and easy freeway access to give fans the best possible game day experience.”

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
Deano's a tough guy, now? Laugh. Laugh.

Jan. 11, 2016.....
The San Diego Chargers say they have “zero interest” in switching alliances at the 11th hour of the Los Angeles stadium derby and remain committed to join the Oakland Raiders with a new stadium in Carson, Calif.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is among those who have pushed the idea of having the Chargers and Rams together in Inglewood. But the Chargers still say they don’t want that.

“On December 7, the Chargers made clear in writing that we had zero interest in the Inglewood project, and nothing has changed since then,” Chargers special counsel Mark Fabiani said Monday in a statement to USA TODAY Sports. “Our L.A. stadium project in Carson has the most central location, the best leadership with (Disney chief executive) Bob Iger, and the ample parking and easy freeway access to give fans the best possible game day experience.”
December 7th. Ironically The same day the Germans bombed pearl harbor

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008

Posted as a thread. Brutal take on where the bolts and Rivers and spanos are at right now. spanos but not rivers deserves this to happen. Karma.
I think Rivers deserves it too. He could’ve engineered a trade but he chose to ride the loser bus to Carson. He made his millions, we shouldn’t feel too sorry for him (even though by all reports he’s a really good guy).

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I think Rivers deserves it too. He could’ve engineered a trade but he chose to ride the loser bus to Carson. He made his millions, we shouldn’t feel too sorry for him (even though by all reports he’s a really good guy).
true enough. I mean he was dead to me the minute that team was taken to LA by the dumbass owner. So were all the other players. Eff em. Most of em thought they were going to media heaven and to become stars so they looked forward to it.....the most notable being 'dope'. One guy who did not join that group of lemmings was Melvin Gordon. He's cool. Hope he goes elsewhere next year. I hope he goes back to Wisconsin frankly, but they already have 2 stud backs so not sure that's in his future. We'll see.

Reactions: Fender57

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
I don't know about "really good guy". He seems overly emotional and not in some sweet way. I think if a waiter brought him a hamburger that didn't fit in the bun, he'd throw a fit and embarrass his thousand kids. Hey, wait a minute. I just realized Rivers's family is big enough to fill the stadium he plays in, but even they have no interest in watching the Spanoses play.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I don't know about "really good guy". He seems overly emotional and not in some sweet way. I think if a waiter brought him a hamburger that didn't fit in the bun, he'd throw a fit and embarrass his thousand kids. Hey, wait a minute. I just realized Rivers's family is big enough to fill the stadium he plays in, but even they have no interest in watching the Spanoses play.
Lmao

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
I think river bit the bullet in the beginning because he wanted to stay in San Diego for his kids.

I think he is ready to move on.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I think river bit the bullet in the beginning because he wanted to stay in San Diego for his kids.

I think he is ready to move on.
This is the “seems like a good guy” part I was referencing. He basically sacrificed a chance at a ring to stay with that putrid organization so he wouldn’t have to move.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
This is the “seems like a good guy” part I was referencing. He basically sacrificed a chance at a ring to stay with that putrid organization so he wouldn’t have to move.
Not wanting to move from San Diego doesn't make somebody a good guy. If he had any shame, he'd get the fuck out of my hometown until he is done representing the Spanoses.

Reactions: wrbanwal

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Not wanting to move from San Diego doesn't make somebody a good guy. If he had any shame, he'd get the fuck out of my hometown until he is done representing the Spanoses.
Sacrificing for your family makes him a good guy, but I still root against him as long as he plays for LA.

Reactions: TTK