Chargers, NFL reportedly considering relocating franchise to London on permanent basis amid LA failures

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fouts

Go Rams!
Aug 17, 2007
La Jolla, CA
Maybe? I think that is the only place they would work. The London Transplants would be poetic. Prob the Londin Red Coats, traitor Spanos family!

LOS ANGELES — The Athletic, citing National Football League sources, reported Monday night that the league has discussed the possibility of the Los Angeles Chargers moving to London.

Vincent Bonsignore writes that the team “would at least listen if the NFL approached them about London as a possible option.”

Bonsignore adds that NFL owners, amid a “tepid embracement of the Chargers” in Los Angeles, “would provide the necessary support for a location to London if the Chargers pursue it.”

If the Chargers were to move, it would likely be into the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Bonsignore reports.

Fouts

Go Rams!
Aug 17, 2007
La Jolla, CA
I can't imagine their division rivals would be very happy going to London every year! Plus, the Chokers travelling to US 8 times a year. Jet lag, another disaster in the making. Bring the boys back home!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I'm suspecting Mr. Stan wants the freeloader removed. Plus the League needs two teams for two “expansion cities.”
Stan thinks/knows, just give me the 10 dates back. I can make more cash with 10 concerts than with the Chuggers.
He's rich, but $5 billion is a lot of debt.

Plus, if in Mexico City, they'd gain a greater LA TV audience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Faded Blues and TTK

Fouts

Go Rams!
Aug 17, 2007
La Jolla, CA
Being reported Dean Spanos' response when questioned about London rumor. Someone is TRIGGERED!

"It's total fucking bullshit, ok? We're not going to London. We're not going anywhere. We're playing in Los Angeles. This is our home. This is where I am planning to be for a long fucking time. Period."

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Being reported Dean Spanos' response when questioned about London rumor. Someone is TRIGGERED!

"It's total fucking bullshit, ok? We're not going to London. We're not going anywhere. We're playing in Los Angeles. This is our home. This is where I am planning to be for a long fucking time. Period."
is that an actually quote ?

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri

That is an actual wow not a winner tag btw.

But wow that's a surprise to hear coming from the Spanhole. Not surprised to see he has no clue about keeping his cool.

Such a fake. Owner, successful millionaire, person, human being you name it.

Reactions: Faded Blues

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

GO FUCK YOURSELF DEAN SPANOS, FOR A VERY LONG TIME, OK? PERIOD.!:tup::D

Savage Lizard

FORMER Charger fan at 7000'
Jul 12, 2007
Big Bear Lake, CA
www.savagelizard.com
Maybe? I think that is the only place they would work. The London Transplants would be poetic. Prob the Londin Red Coats, traitor Spanos family!

LOS ANGELES — The Athletic, citing National Football League sources, reported Monday night that the league has discussed the possibility of the Los Angeles Chargers moving to London.

Vincent Bonsignore writes that the team “would at least listen if the NFL approached them about London as a possible option.”

Bonsignore adds that NFL owners, amid a “tepid embracement of the Chargers” in Los Angeles, “would provide the necessary support for a location to London if the Chargers pursue it.”

If the Chargers were to move, it would likely be into the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Bonsignore reports.
"tepid embracement of the Chargers"

Shit, Spanos DREAMS of tepid.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I think Deano and Stan will meet in a Courtroom someday. And it will be in Los Angeles County.
Of course, Johnnie Boy and Master AJ will be on vacation, hopefully in Mexico.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Charger PSL Sales Manager, “No, no...we're not going anywhere.....no...no way....now about that seat....what? Well, in that section they go for $1000 but today, I feel lucky and I like you, I'll give the license for four payments of $200.....hello, you there? ...wait, that was a teaser....four payment of....say, $150?? No, no free parking....you can do $175 total if I send you a picture of Deano and a fish doing....okay, that's uncalled for. I'll put you down for $175, 50 year lease on the seat and.....hello? Bastard hung up. Yeah, it did sound a lot like Stan Kroenke. A lot.”

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I'm so enjoying the constant criticism of Spanos and this relocation to LA. The league is not doing anything at this point to rally behind Deano and probably are the one's leaking this fake shit to put more pressure on Dean to sell.
same here. The way the league views the weanie spanos is the same way Jerrah and the big wigs treated him in Houston when they essentially laughed him out of the room after his presentation re: the stadium in Carson .....I forget the words but it was a classic putdown and showed how little they respect the guy. He has his supporters but they are not the bigwigs by any means. He can bitch all he wants about not relocating but if the big honchos want him gone out of the country, he's gone or he's gonna be forced to sell one way or the other. I'm sure they have their ways to legally pressure him out.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
That is an actual wow not a winner tag btw.

But wow that's a surprise to hear coming from the Spanhole. Not surprised to see he has no clue about keeping his cool.

Such a fake. Owner, successful millionaire, person, human being you name it.
Exactly, not surprised at all he cannot keep his cool and resorts to those kinds of replies to reporters. It's why there was never a deal made in SD....he's a dickhead and cannot stop with the temper tantrums when he doesn't get everything he wants his way. Eff him that little weasly pos.

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
I'm suspecting Mr. Stan wants the freeloader removed. Plus the League needs two teams for two “expansion cities.”
Stan thinks/knows, just give me the 10 dates back. I can make more cash with 10 concerts than with the Chuggers.
He's rich, but $5 billion is a lot of debt.

Plus, if in Mexico City, they'd gain a greater LA TV audience.
I think you nailed it. This is Kronke working his magic behind the scenes. And I've been seeing some reports saying this as well today.

Did anyone really think he'd let Deano get away with coming up $300M+ short on his PSL promise? This is the guy who screws EVERYONE who gets into business with him.

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011
I think you nailed it. This is Kronke working his magic behind the scenes. And I've been seeing some reports saying this as well today.

Did anyone really think he'd let Deano get away with coming up $300M+ short on his PSL promise? This is the guy who screws EVERYONE who gets into business with him.
My guess is Kroenke planted the London move story.

It would certainly explain why Deano was so pissed, lol.

Pointyearedog

I only put idiots on ignore...
Aug 19, 2008
Golden Hill
I'm still trying to picture Philip talking with the media about a game in London sometime in the near future, that's gotta be one crazy accent.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
That’s an insult to Trump. Nobody is worse than Spanos.
Are you trying to make me say weird things? Deano is incompetent, not cruel, at least in public.
But with buffoons...the oranger ones are more weird.
But the two/four boys could form a think tank. And drill holes in the bottom.

Last edited: