• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers err it out

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
#1
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20061023-9999-1s23chargers.html

Turnovers put Chargers in early hole, and second-half rally runs out of gas
By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
October 23, 2006

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – They came here being talked about and left muttering to themselves, weary from all they have let slip away recently.

Yesterday at Arrowhead Stadium, against a Kansas City Chiefs team that played with as much verve as it had all season, the Chargers offense joined the defense in failing to play a full four quarters as if it mattered.

And so the Chargers went down hard again, losing the only way they seem to know how, a 30-27 setback that should silence for a time any chatter of them being among the NFL's best teams.

There was a disappointment that cut deep after their ninth consecutive loss in games decided by four points or fewer. But there was no despair.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#4
ntman68 said:
In the NFL, if you turn it over three times in the first quarter, you lose. Period.
How about the Bears on MNF? They turned it over 6 freaking times, and the Cards 2 times, losing the turnover battle by -4 and still won the freaking game!

:icon_evil: :tdown: :unsure: :icon_huh: :icon_shrug:
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#5
WonderSlug said:
How about the Bears on MNF? They turned it over 6 freaking times, and the Cards 2 times, losing the turnover battle by -4 and still won the freaking game!

:icon_evil: :tdown: :unsure: :icon_huh: :icon_shrug:
Good teams find a way...jes mebbe...:no: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:
 

Boltdiehard

Well-Known Member
#7
The Chargers have lost seven games in a row that were decided by three points or less.

Elite team my ***. That's NOT getting it done. :no:
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#8
Boltdiehard said:
The Chargers have lost seven games in a row that were decided by three points or less.

Elite team my ***. That's NOT getting it done. :no:
We are also 3-14 in Arrowhead since 1990. That place just bends us over and gives it to us without lube, 82% of the time. :no: :unsure: :icon_sad:
 
#9
Concudan said:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20061023-9999-1s23chargers.html

Turnovers put Chargers in early hole, and second-half rally runs out of gas
By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
October 23, 2006

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – They came here being talked about and left muttering to themselves, weary from all they have let slip away recently.

Yesterday at Arrowhead Stadium, against a Kansas City Chiefs team that played with as much verve as it had all season, the Chargers offense joined the defense in failing to play a full four quarters as if it mattered.

And so the Chargers went down hard again, losing the only way they seem to know how, a 30-27 setback that should silence for a time any chatter of them being among the NFL's best teams.

There was a disappointment that cut deep after their ninth consecutive loss in games decided by four points or fewer. But there was no despair.

The team is wrought with injuries, suspensions and the like... Hard to be one of the best when so much of your team in out.
 

exodus

Well-Known Member
#10
Why are they doing this to themselves? The Chargers play like they're trying to make the other team look good. Like the chargers are just good enough to make it exciting, but you know, they are going to crap their pants at the end. I bet every single person on this board knew we were going to lose that game in the last second as soon as we tied the score. It's almost like it's scripted that way.
 

Top