Chargers-Broncos game to be 'flexed' to Sunday night

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Chargers.COM is reporting that our Broncos game in two weeks has been moved to primetime, Sunday night, on NBC.

This means a guarantee it will be in HD, and announced by Madden and Michaels.

:tup:

In the previous time slot for the Bolts, CBS will get the Colts-Cowboys game at 4:15 ET.

Buttmunch

Jul 5, 2006
WonderSlug said:
Chargers.COM is reporting that our Broncos game in two weeks has been moved to primetime, Sunday night, on NBC.

This means a guarantee it will be in HD, and announced by Madden and Michaels.

:tup:

In the previous time slot for the Bolts, CBS will get the Colts-Cowboys game at 4:15 ET.
No primetime for Merriman though. :icon_sad:

Reactions: BFISA

in_a_days

dgaf
Sep 8, 2006
vegas
Dood... sucks #56 will be out, but how awesome is this! You gotta love the national media attention and the respect the bolts are finally getting! :bolt:

bigcarson50

Sep 21, 2006
One great benifit, the Broncos now have a VERY short week to prepare to go to KC for Thanksgiving night

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
Sweet. At least with the flex scheduling, we won't have to see the Turds on national TV anymore, unless of course they have another Monday Nighter.

Reactions: BFISA

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
Thanks for the heads-up Sluggo! :tup:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9782768

Chargers-Broncos to be night game Nov. 19

(
Nov. 6, 2006) -- The Week 11 San Diego Chargers-Denver Broncos game on Sunday, Nov. 19, will be played at 8:15 p.m. ET on NBC and the Indianapolis Colts-Dallas Cowboys game that day will move to 4:15 p.m. ET on CBS, the NFL announced.

The NFL is implementing for the first time this year a "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17. Flexible scheduling will ensure quality matchups in all NFL Sunday time slots in those weeks and give teams a chance to play their way onto primetime and into the late-afternoon 4:15 p.m. ET time slot on CBS and FOX.

For each of the flexible scheduling weeks with the exception of Week 17, the NFL will announce the start times of games on Sundays no later than 12 days prior to that weekend. To ensure a Sunday night game and doubleheader games with playoff implications in Week 17, the flexible scheduling decision for that Sunday may be made on six days notice.

Dublin Bolt

BoltTalker
Aug 12, 2006
Dublin, Oul Sod.
Brilliant!! :yes:

For those of served rations of Charger football I found out last nite the Charger Bengal game is going to be screened live this sunday in Ireland/Britain/Europe on Sky Sports after a 'fan vote'. Yeah, every year they have a week where the viewers decide on the game to be shown and for the first time the majority of their knowledgeable viewers have picked the Charger game against many other 'early games'. How cool is that.. myself, Bolt Fan UK and my man in Liechtenstein are happy bunnys no doubt...

C'mere and now the Bunko game is on sun nite, should b able to get that streamed on the net too, so 2 weeks in a row Go Chargers... brilliant :tup:

exodus

Nov 4, 2005
Yeah, I was hoping they'd do this. Hope they do it again in Dec.:yes:

T10

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2005
SanDiegoRon said:
I wish it was the 12/10 game....:icon_sad:
Same here :yes:

Dublin Bolt said:
For those of served rations of Charger football I found out last nite the Charger Bengal game is going to be screened live this sunday in Ireland/Britain/Europe on Sky Sports after a 'fan vote'. Yeah, every year they have a week where the viewers decide on the game to be shown and for the first time the majority of their knowledgeable viewers have picked the Charger game against many other 'early games'. How cool is that.. myself, Bolt Fan UK and my man in Liechtenstein are happy bunnys no doubt...

C'mere and now the Bunko game is on sun nite, should b able to get that streamed on the net too, so 2 weeks in a row Go Chargers... brilliant
Very cool indeed.
:icon_toast:

KimPossible

BoltTalker
Jun 23, 2006
WonderSlug said:

Cool...I like night games...and we need to kick those Broncs into 2nd place....I think I'm calling off sick that day to watch that game...don't tell...:icon_eek: I feel a cold coming on...in 13 days...

Reactions: turbo_turtle

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
guess I'm not gonna make it to work on time that next Monday!!!

:icon_toast: :icon_toast:

SDRaiderH8er

Apr 27, 2006
KimPossible said:
Cool...I like night games...and we need to kick those Broncs into 2nd place....I think I'm calling off sick that day to watch that game...don't tell...:icon_eek: I feel a cold coming on...in 13 days...
You cant plan your sick leave like that, wait til it gets closer to game time :tup:

tboltzcali

Sep 14, 2005
Honestly, I dont like this call. I would rather have this game played at the regularly scheduled time.

tboltzcali

Sep 14, 2005
Anyone down to get together for this game? We can have a San Diego designated meeting place and a Temecula/Murrieta meeting place to watch this game. Someone give us some ideas. It should be fun if we can all hang out for this one.....OR who has the bachelor pad?????? lol

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
tboltzcali said:
Cuz I think this will hype up there crowd even more and the weather isnt looking too good.

another Cincy Ice Bowl???!!!

:icon_evil: :icon_evil:

:no: :no:

When Lightning Strikes

Sep 27, 2006
Its better for us because you can breath better when you play primetime HD in Denver. This is a true fact..i swear.

But really...I would love to listen to Madden talk about how much Philip Rivers reminds him of Brett Favre. Or I would love to hear Al Michaels talk about how the Bolts wont win this game because of the Denver Defense, and then watch LT run all over them and watch Turner run all over them, and watch Rivers and company pass all over them (Just watch out for Champ Bailey Mr. Philip)...oh man i could go on for days about this..

I miss Merimonster

Rule12b

Aug 16, 2006
glutton4Bolts said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2651864

Looks like the Donk D is a bit banged up. We can use all the help that we can get.... we never win in the cheating mile high air..... but I think this year might be different......
I'd have preferred a crisp sunny day to be surrounded by a bunk of Denver Donkheads, but I guess I can freeze my butt off in the evening as well.