• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers announce camp dates

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #GoBoats #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/07/14/sports/professional/chargers/21_36_047_13_06.txt

So when is everyone planning on attending?

The Chargers will welcome fans to their training camp starting July 29, the team announced Thursday.

For the second straight year, the squad will practice at Chargers Park, and the majority of workouts are open to the public.

While the rookies will report on July 24 and practice the following day, the first practice with the entire roster isn't until July 29. The team works twice that day at 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.

Fans attending the weekday sessions can park behind the Holiday Inn at 3805 Murphy Canyon Road, about a mile south of Chargers Park. Overflow parking is available at the Holiday Inn. For weekend and night practices, parking is available in the PS Business Center next door to the team facility.

The Chargers will have three night sessions at 7, on Aug. 3, Aug. 9 and Aug. 22.

Additionally, the team will have its annual FanFest workout at Qualcomm Stadium at 10:30 a.m. Aug. 5. The players will be signing autographs a half-hour before practice.

Although it's not open to the public, the Chargers are conducting a walkthrough workout on the USS Ronald Reagan the day before their exhibition-season opener against the visiting Green Bay Packers on Aug. 12.

The Chargers are looking to rebound from last year's 9-7 record and third-place finish in the AFC West.

WonderSlug

I'll try to attend, but just as my luck usually goes, something may come up again.

Hopefully it won't be my lunch this time.... :puke: