Champions....the superior gender

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
So ratings say, pay is equal. Unless men can't read the numbers.

he 2019 Women’s World Cup final Sunday, in which the United States beat the Netherlands 2-0, drew more than 14 million viewers, making it the most-watched soccer event in the U.S. since the 2015 women's final, according to a statement from Fox Sports, which cited data from media measurement company Nielsen.

Fox's TV broadcast drew just under 14 million viewers, with another 289,000 viewers streaming the game, according to Fox Sports. The match drew 22 percent more viewers than the Men’s World Cup final played between France and Croatia last year, according to Nielsen data.

The final was also a hit on social media, with the network touting 17.8 million views across various platforms, outpacing the 2018 men's final by 18 percent, Fox said in a press release.

While the ratings are a win for the U.S. women's team, the match didn't beat the last Women's World Cup final, where the U.S. beat Japan in Canada in 2015. That match drew 25 million viewers. The U.S. team also won on that occasion though the game was broadcast in prime time.

Sunday's match did, however, break a record for Telemundo, the NBCUniversal-owned Spanish-language channel. The company said it notched 1.6 million viewers, making the final the most watched women's World Cup match in Spanish-language history. The U.S. team also won on that occasion, though the game was broadcast in prime time.

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011
So ratings say, pay is equal. Unless men can't read the numbers.

he 2019 Women’s World Cup final Sunday, in which the United States beat the Netherlands 2-0, drew more than 14 million viewers, making it the most-watched soccer event in the U.S. since the 2015 women's final, according to a statement from Fox Sports, which cited data from media measurement company Nielsen.

Fox's TV broadcast drew just under 14 million viewers, with another 289,000 viewers streaming the game, according to Fox Sports. The match drew 22 percent more viewers than the Men’s World Cup final played between France and Croatia last year, according to Nielsen data.

The final was also a hit on social media, with the network touting 17.8 million views across various platforms, outpacing the 2018 men's final by 18 percent, Fox said in a press release.

While the ratings are a win for the U.S. women's team, the match didn't beat the last Women's World Cup final, where the U.S. beat Japan in Canada in 2015. That match drew 25 million viewers. The U.S. team also won on that occasion though the game was broadcast in prime time.

Sunday's match did, however, break a record for Telemundo, the NBCUniversal-owned Spanish-language channel. The company said it notched 1.6 million viewers, making the final the most watched women's World Cup match in Spanish-language history. The U.S. team also won on that occasion, though the game was broadcast in prime time.
Well by all means, if they broke the record for Telemundo......pay the women!! lol

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
She has the freedom to be an asshole if she wants. I also have the freedom to call her out being an asshole.

'merica.
Yep. DFW, you are right.

When I take a knee, I am facing the flag with my full body, staring straight into the heart of our country's ultimate symbol of freedom - because I believe it is my responsibility, just as it is yours, to ensure that freedom is afforded to everyone in this country.
Megan Rapinoe