Champions....the superior gender

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Megan Rapinoe changing name to Theresa Brady....

The women show America's true greatness. No orange.

Purple hair? Hell, why not? Starbucks is on the House!!

Reactions: SDRay and TTK

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Uh, I'll take the Daytona race......thanks though. You wanna see balls? That's putting your life on the line and gutting out a win and not showboating like 'drinking a effing cup of tea' because you wanna rub it in your opponents face. Wish they would learn to win with some class. Superior gender? Not compared to NASCAR and Daytona. How did Danica Patrick fare in NASCAR and Indy Racing compared with the gents? Just sayin'. It's all relative. BTW would like to see a section on this site devoted to say car racing and also golf......Phil Mickelson is from SD, Lefty is homegrown. We've had our share or absolute monster players from SD .....Billy Casper, Gene Litler, Paul Runyon, and on and on.....this is a golf town. Let's open up some more sports sections. I know we have 'other sports' but those are pretty major IMO. And as a final note....wtf does this have to do with 'American Football'? I think you got the wrong section H. Switch it over to soccer...it has absolutely NOTHING to do with AMERICAN football.

I'll grant you something though re: gender.....Shirley Muldowney was tough as nails. Cha Cha. And she didn't have to tell everyone about it by acting like a effing clown everytime she won a race.

Last edited:

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
I agree, why is this posted here? :)

The equal pay is a ridiculous statement though. That's like saying AAF players should have been paid the same as NFL players. Nice in theory but the money was/is just not there in the AAF compared to the NFL and women's soccer like in men's.

But congrats to the ladies! Hopefully our men's team will be able to raise that cup one day.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I agree, why is this posted here? :)

The equal pay is a ridiculous statement though. That's like saying AAF players should have been paid the same as NFL players. Nice in theory but the money was/is just not there in the AAF compared to the NFL and women's soccer like in men's.

But congrats to the ladies! Hopefully our men's team will be able to raise that cup one day.
agree, congrats on the accomplishment....it's a lot of hard work and effort and they just were better than their foes. My problem is with the way they rubbed their opponents faces in it time and again....did not have to do that,,,,,,my breaking point was the game against England and the "tea cup" gesture which was absolutely unnecessary and if that were the NFL would be flagged for 'taunting'. It is classless and I said to myself at that moment, 'no wonder other countries hate the USA".

And also concur on that 'equal pay' whining that was going on. It's a fact of life. Go play as well as the men, beat them one on one and show you are better and then you'll garner all the deserved attention and the $$$ will follow. Otherwise STFU about it. Interesting that the lady who brought it up the most told those who called out the USA for showboating with the 'tea cup' that they were whining "wha wha wha". Well who is really whining?

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Ok this already has had WAAAAAY more than it deserved on the "AMERICAN" football section so I'm sending it to soccer. Have fun kicking it around over there guys!

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
1. It’s time to recognize that the USA treats its people better than almost all the countries in the world.

2. I’m happy for the women. Hard work and preparation paid off.

3. As far as trash talk. Larry Bird is the all time king. YouTube Larry bird trash talking. Awesome stuff.

Reactions: TTK

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
If you believe Alex Morgan's explanation, it was a nod to Sophie Turner's "that's the tea" message:

I think it's one of those things she didn't think carefully about ahead of time since she should have known how it probably would have been interpreted.

I do agree with her that there is a double standard on how women and men are allowed to act in sports. The ladies get much more criticized than men do when they show any kind of emotion.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
1. It’s time to recognize that the USA treats its people better than almost all the countries in the world.

2. I’m happy for the women. Hard work and preparation paid off.

3. As far as trash talk. Larry Bird is the all time king. YouTube Larry bird trash talking. Awesome stuff.
Agree, tearing down this country when others , by comparison, are intolerant of any form of dissent or are subjugating the population to essentially no ability to improve themselves whilst taking all the $ for the dictators, is simply not logical. Can we improve and have we made mistakes? Hell yeah, who hasn't? So we can agree that things can be better. We try. That is the important thing.

I have a bit of a critique re: the Larry Bird trash talk analogy. And that applies to any sport between 2 American teams. That is not as tasteless to me (although I still am not a fan of it) as doing it on the world stage in a competition that is supposed to generage good will amongst nations. Particularly olympics or teams that compete in the olympics but also this type of world cup soccer stuff. Just do it with class and have some respect for the teams you kick all over the field and who obviously are not as good. Not needed IMO and in fact I do believe it in part contributes to the image of america as an entitled nation with an attitude. Yeah we should be proud of ourselves and our accomplishments, no we should not rub it in others noses in a sporting event in front of the world. It's the optics of it IMO. Now if it's war that they started and provoked....hell yeah, kick the hell out of em and humiliate em. So I guess what I'm saying is context matters.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
If you believe Alex Morgan's explanation, it was a nod to Sophie Turner's "that's the tea" message:

I think it's one of those things she didn't think carefully about ahead of time since she should have known how it probably would have been interpreted.

I do agree with her that there is a double standard on how women and men are allowed to act in sports. The ladies get much more criticized than men do when they show any kind of emotion.
lolz.....she was a little sauced......I think she'd not be real competitive in a drinking contest LMAO!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Agree, tearing down this country when others , by comparison, are intolerant of any form of dissent or are subjugating the population to essentially no ability to improve themselves whilst taking all the $ for the dictators, is simply not logical. Can we improve and have we made mistakes? Hell yeah, who hasn't? So we can agree that things can be better. We try. That is the important thing.

I have a bit of a critique re: the Larry Bird trash talk analogy. And that applies to any sport between 2 American teams. That is not as tasteless to me (although I still am not a fan of it) as doing it on the world stage in a competition that is supposed to generage good will amongst nations. Particularly olympics or teams that compete in the olympics but also this type of world cup soccer stuff. Just do it with class and have some respect for the teams you kick all over the field and who obviously are not as good. Not needed IMO and in fact I do believe it in part contributes to the image of america as an entitled nation with an attitude. Yeah we should be proud of ourselves and our accomplishments, no we should not rub it in others noses in a sporting event in front of the world. It's the optics of it IMO. Now if it's war that they started and provoked....hell yeah, kick the hell out of em and humiliate em. So I guess what I'm saying is context matters.
Gilly, listen to a real man like Teddy. P.S. I thought you were going to the running of Bulls in La Paloma.
Two (male) Americans got gorged there.

Americans win the Cup!

“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

And whadda know...

“Women should have free access to every field of labor which they care to enter, and when their work is as valuable as that of a man it should be paid as highly.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Gilly, listen to a real man like Teddy. P.S. I thought you were going to the running of Bulls in La Paloma.

Americans win the Cup!

“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

And whadda know...

“Women should have free access to every field of labor which they care to enter, and when their work is as valuable as that of a man it should be paid as highly.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
I agree with teddy.

Obama was a terrible president.

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
Rooting for a president over the country is like rooting for a sports team over a city. And we all know how that goes.

This is always going to be our country. Presidents come and go.

Reactions: Harryo the K

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

Americans win the Cup!

― Theodore Roosevelt

And whadda know...

― Theodore Roosevelt
Please explain what that whole response has to do with showboating which is what I dissented with to begin with? Also, yes agree stand by the country which was my response to faded blue ! You are going all over the map with your response. finally, please define "as valuable" in your last sentence re: women and equal pay. If you are talking to you emotionally great, or how hard they work great, but the problem is you completely disregard monetary value to whomever.....team ownership which equates to tv viewership and revenue. sorry bud but it aint there yet until they play just as well as the men.

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
Women's soccer will never be equal with men's soccer. Just like WNBA will never be on part with the NBA, etc.

I don't know if there's any sport where women are regarded at an equal or higher level maybe except for ice skating? Gymnastics?

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Women's soccer will never be equal with men's soccer. Just like WNBA will never be on part with the NBA, etc.

I don't know if there's any sport where women are regarded at an equal or higher level maybe except for ice skating? Gymnastics?
Shirley Muldowney was damn good, beat plenty of guys on the track. Other than that I don't think very many....yeah I think you got it ice skating and gymnastics. Maybe synchronized swimming LOL. Harry is supposed to be really good at that.;) I say give Harry equal pay for synchronized swimming:laugh:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Rooting for a president over the country is like rooting for a sports team over a city. And we all know how that goes.

This is always going to be our country. Presidents come and go.
Bingo.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Please explain what that whole response has to do with showboating which is what I dissented with to begin with? Also, yes agree stand by the country which was my response to faded blue ! You are going all over the map with your response. finally, please define "as valuable" in your last sentence re: women and equal pay. If you are talking to you emotionally great, or how hard they work great, but the problem is you completely disregard monetary value to whomever.....team ownership which equates to tv viewership and revenue. sorry bud but it aint there yet until they play just as well as the men.
According to CNN, the total prize money for the 2018 men’s World Cup was $400 million, while this year, the women will receive $30 million, which was doubled from last year. Infantino said they would again double the women’s total prize money to $60 million in 2023, but midfielder Megan Rapinoe was not satisfied with the answer. “It certainly is not fair,” Rapinoe said during a press conference prior to the final. “We should double it now and then use that number to double it or quadruple it for the next time.”

Because it is not only “fair”, it's logical. Soccer/futbol is a non contact sport, it's a speed and finesse game. A fine women's team is more fun to watch than a lousy, men's team because you're watching the ball. Not the player. In American football, a player scores a touchdown by his strength, having the ball in his possession is the only requirement. A women's team could beat a men's Team (assume the refs keep it under control), Sure, “men and their products for sale” dominate the current world teams but that's an economic decision not a fair one. The NFL and FIAA. Both suck.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
According to CNN, the total prize money for the 2018 men’s World Cup was $400 million, while this year, the women will receive $30 million, which was doubled from last year. Infantino said they would again double the women’s total prize money to $60 million in 2023, but midfielder Megan Rapinoe was not satisfied with the answer. “It certainly is not fair,” Rapinoe said during a press conference prior to the final. “We should double it now and then use that number to double it or quadruple it for the next time.”

Because it is not only “fair”, it's logical. Soccer/futbol is a non contact sport, it's a speed and finesse game. A fine women's team is more fun to watch than a lousy, men's team because you're watching the ball. Not the player. In American football, a player scores a touchdown by his strength, having the ball in his possession is the only requirement. A women's team could beat a men's Team (assume the refs keep it under control), Sure, “men and their products for sale” dominate the current world teams but that's an economic decision not a fair one. The NFL and FIAA. Both suck.
You saying assuming the refs keep it under control (whatever that means) a woman’s soccer or American football team could beat a men’s team?

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

A women’s team could beat a men’s team. Maybe they should prove it to receive the pay that rapinoe demands.you are missing the fact that men have greater burst and sprinter speed......god made it that way. That also is part of soccer, fast twitch fibers. How about leg strength in kickingthe ball so hard it could knock someone over. Besides Megan herself said male soccer players grab their sacks. Let’s see her do that:laugh:

Last edited:

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
I completely disagree. IMO the men's team would dominate the women's team. They're bigger and faster and play at a MUCH higher level of competition. It would take a fluke for them to lose.

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
You saying assuming the refs keep it under control (whatever that means) a woman’s soccer or American football team could beat a men’s team?
I think harry means they could easily beat the men’s figure skating team if both played soccer

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Pay should be based off revenue.

I would much rather watch women’s tennis than men’s tennis.

The women play a purer style and have longer rallies.

But in the end, rather watch any college or high school sport over professional. The joy on the kids faces when they succeed is priceless and they play for the sheer joy of sports.

Fun to watch.

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
Pay should be based off revenue.

I would much rather watch women’s tennis than men’s tennis.

The women play a purer style and have longer rallies.

Fun to watch.
Tennis is the one sport where I preferred watching the women over the men.

The men would beat them silly if they ever faced off though.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Long article but well done for futbol fans.

The issue is this, should a person or person(s) because their "gender" be predetermined to not be equal to others? If a woman could kick an American football into 80 yard field goals or weighted 290 pounds but ran a 4.6 forty and was quicker than hell, can she be told 'you can't?"

I've seen women futbol and men's futbol. Everyone like to say the men are faster and bigger....
have you seen the shots they 'guys' miss? I like the women's games.

US Drops (another ) one to Mexico

Altidore scuffed an open left-footed shot from 10 yards in the seventh minute. Jordan Morris beat goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa with a 6-yard header from Pulisic’s corner kick in the 51st minute, but Andrés Guardado headed the ball away at the goal line. Second-half sub Cristian Roldan’s point-blank shot hit Héctor Moreno on the head and bounced away in the 87th.

“We just couldn’t put our chances away tonight,” Altidore said. “If you look at that 10-, 15-minute period, we kind of lost the game a bit. We were trying to play out of the back and stick to our guns, but maybe it was a time to kind of get up the field and try to get in their half and kind of change that momentum a bit.

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011

This entire post is complete horseshit for 2 reasons:

1) The Men's World Cup generated $6 Billion in revenue vs. the Women's World Cup which generated $131 Million in revenue.

"The men still pull the World Cup money wagon. The men's World Cup in Russia generated over $6 billion in revenue, with the participating teams sharing $400 million, less than 7% of revenue. Meanwhile, the Women's World Cup is expected to earn $131 million for the full four-year cycle 2019-22 and dole out $30 million to the participating teams."

In addition, the men are earning 7% of the overall revenue while the women are earning 20% of the overall revenue - the women are making more as a percentage, even though the overall revenue is SUBSTANTIALLY less.

2). No, the women can't beat the men - that is just a silly thing to say. A group of 13 & 14 year old boys beat the US Women's National Team 5-2 back in 2017.

Now, you put the US Men's National Team (even though they suck) up against the US Women's National Team (who are very good), I would bet the men beat the women by a score of no less than 25-0. Actually, I think the score would be much higher considering the US Women's National Team beat Thailand 13-0 in the World Cup.

Men are physically stronger, faster and have larger bone structures than women. There's nothing wrong with that - we are built differently. That's why you see trans women (men who transitioned to women) destroying women in the sports they are competing in. That's the next "politically correct" storm that is going to come, although this time it's going to be the Feminists vs. Trans Community, and it's going to be hilarious to watch.

Last edited:

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011
I was happy for the US Women's National Team to win the World cup, and I very much enjoy them as a group.

That being said, the player who chooses not to put her hand over her heart for the National Anthem, and who refuses to visit the White House - you are representing the United States of America, not some professional soccer team. You live in the country with the most freedom on the face of the planet, and have more opportunity than any girls have anywhere in the world.

Sing the anthem with your hand over your heart, be proud of your country, visit the White House. If you don't like Trump, fine - protest on your own time and vote for someone else, but DO NOT disrespect the country you are representing.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I was happy for the US Women's National Team to win the World cup, and I very much enjoy them as a group.

That being said, the player who chooses not to put her hand over her heart for the National Anthem, and who refuses to visit the White House - you are representing the United States of America, not some professional soccer team. You live in the country with the most freedom on the face of the planet, and have more opportunity than any girls have anywhere in the world.

Sing the anthem with your hand over your heart, be proud of your country, visit the White House. If you don't like Trump, fine - protest on your own time and vote for someone else, but DO NOT disrespect the country you are representing.
So you're saying you have the freedom to do what we want but not the freedom to do what you want.

Individual. Freedom. Real freedom. Disrespect is a code word for be quiet, unless, of course, it's Constitutional Law.

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011
So you're saying you have the freedom to do what we want but not the freedom to do what you want.

Individual. Freedom. Real freedom. Disrespect is a code word for be quiet, unless, of course, it's Constitutional Law.

She has the freedom to be an asshole if she wants. I also have the freedom to call her out being an asshole.

'merica.