Chad Greenway DONE for the season

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
leisure said:
Edwards to the Vikes now?
Or at least it could open up competition for bidding with NO.

Damn .... I can't find the link but someone at Chargers.com brought up another team has a LB that was hurt this week too ...

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
leisure said:
Vikings | Greenway's season over
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:13:39 -0700

ESPNews reports Minnesota Vikings rookie LB Chad Greenway (knee) will miss the remainder of the season with a knee injury.

Yikes! Not good news for the Vikings. In a way, I want Reggie to play more Pre-Season games, but it's probably best to sit him untill regular season, to avoid injury.

BTW I was so pissed when AJ brought him in for a look.....GOD what a terrible pick by the Vikes
SO, are you going to celebrate this season ending injury too, because you don't like the player?

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
I am smokin some good stuff here but how about Donnie Edwards and our 2rd & 7th round draft picks from next years draft for Steve Hutchinson yes no.:nana_rasta: :icon_high:

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
I never liked Greenway. Ernie was my boy. All the Urlacher comparisons were premature and I didn't buy into the country boy hype. I don't like Abdul Hodge either but if I had to pick one of them to have a more successful career it's Hodge.

BTW Fran redeemed himself for the entire draft by having the bawls to take Tavaris Jackson in the second round :icon_mrgreen: Plus leisure's boy Ryan Cook looks like he can become the league's BEST o-line utilityman.

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
turbo_turtle said:
I am smokin some good stuff here but how about Donnie Edwards and our 2rd & 7th round draft picks from next years draft for Steve Hutchinson yes no.:nana_rasta: :icon_high:
A trade like that makes no sense for Minny. They just paid a ton of REAL money in a signing bonus, and to let him go would kill their salary cap (you have to take all the hit this season). Plus, you don't give up great OL in their prime for an aging LB.

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Shamrock said:
A trade like that makes no sense for Minny. They just paid a ton of REAL money in a signing bonus, and to let him go would kill their salary cap (you have to take all the hit this season). Plus, you don't give up great OL in their prime for an aging LB.
I also don't want to go anywhere near Hutchinson's poison pill contract. :icon_eek:

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
turbo_turtle said:
i'd ask for some of that but i ahve a show to do :lol:
Edwards to the Vikings sounds very plausible, maybe for the second rounder?

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
PostAnteaterCharger said:
Edwards to the Vikings sounds very plausible, maybe for the second rounder?
I don't think anyone is dumb enough to give us a 2nd for Edwards.

I'd love to see AJ construct a deal to get a 2nd though. Maybe we kick back a 3rd (or a 4th if DE meets some conditions - like Pro Bowl or other post season honors).

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
Shamrock said:
I'd love to see AJ construct a deal to get a 2nd though. Maybe we kick back a 3rd (or a 4th if DE meets some conditions - like Pro Bowl or other post season honors).
That is not smokin anything that is clear thinking to me and I would Go with that Trade within a clocks tick ticking.

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Shamrock said:
I don't think anyone is dumb enough to give us a 2nd for Edwards.

I'm thinking the deal that gets Edwards traded may be a 4th rounder with the condition that it becomes a 3rd rounder in the case that Donnie leads his new team in tackles in 2006.

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
WonderSlug said:
I'm thinking the deal that gets Edwards traded may be a 4th rounder with the condition that it becomes a 3rd rounder in the case that Donnie leads his new team in tackles in 2006.
I've seen multiple Saints fans (on their forum) say that NO offered us a 3rd for Donnie.

Before, the rumor had been a 4th.

One poster on Chargers.com also said NO offered SD a 3rd, but again, no link or mention of where that comes from.

I'm not buying that SD was offered a 3rd, because I firmly believe AJ would have jumped on it.

But, AJ does gamble. Maybe he's holding out for more injuries to other team's LBs and wants to see competition in the bidding.

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Shamrock said:
I've seen multiple Saints fans (on their forum) say that NO offered us a 3rd for Donnie.

Before, the rumor had been a 4th.

One poster on Chargers.com also said NO offered SD a 3rd, but again, no link or mention of where that comes from.

I'm not buying that SD was offered a 3rd, because I firmly believe AJ would have jumped on it.

But, AJ does gamble. Maybe he's holding out for more injuries to other team's LBs and wants to see competition in the bidding.
Which is why the 4th with that condition for a 3rd may be more in line with something that AJ would accept.

MtlBoltsFan

Jun 27, 2006
I would relieve the Chargers of Donnie for a 1st rounder and make him ride the bench on my team :icon_razz:

MtlBoltsFan

Jun 27, 2006
WonderSlug said:
Donnie worth a first rounder? :icon_rofl:
No that means that it would take a 1st rounder for me to take Donnie from the Chargers. Donnie and a 1st for nothing :tup: