CBS Sports: Top 100 MLB players

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007

86. Manny Machado
SAN DIEGO PADRES 3B
Machado has met expectations in his first season in San Diego. He's been an asset at third base and capable at short while producing in line with career norms at the plate.

80. Hunter Renfroe
SAN DIEGO PADRES LF
The .308 OBP through 81 games played isn't ideal, but Renfroe more than makes up for it with his .613 SLG and 27 homers.

75. Chris Paddack
SAN DIEGO PADRES SP
The rookie Paddack has sparkled thus far for San Diego: 2.84 ERA with 87 strikeouts against 18 walks.

33. Fernando Tatis
SAN DIEGO PADRES SS
It says here that Tatis is the most exciting player in baseball. He's also been one of the best, as the Padres' shortstop has slashed .327/.393/.620 with 13 stolen bases. If not for a hamstring injury that cost him more than a month, Tatis would be near the very top of these rankings.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008

86. Manny Machado
SAN DIEGO PADRES 3B
Machado has met expectations in his first season in San Diego. He's been an asset at third base and capable at short while producing in line with career norms at the plate.

80. Hunter Renfroe
SAN DIEGO PADRES LF
The .308 OBP through 81 games played isn't ideal, but Renfroe more than makes up for it with his .613 SLG and 27 homers.

75. Chris Paddack
SAN DIEGO PADRES SP
The rookie Paddack has sparkled thus far for San Diego: 2.84 ERA with 87 strikeouts against 18 walks.

33. Fernando Tatis
SAN DIEGO PADRES SS
It says here that Tatis is the most exciting player in baseball. He's also been one of the best, as the Padres' shortstop has slashed .327/.393/.620 with 13 stolen bases. If not for a hamstring injury that cost him more than a month, Tatis would be near the very top of these rankings.
Pretty soon Tatis will have the minimum ABs to qualify, right now at .339 he’d be second in the majors.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Pretty soon Tatis will have the minimum ABs to qualify, right now at .339 he’d be second in the majors.
heady stuff for a rookie....legend in the making. Just hope he has a full career with us and stays healthy. He plays with reckless abandon sometimes but wouldn't want it any other way.....great passion for the game and a natural gifted athlete. Even if he ended up with the largest contract in the majors it would be worth it just for the attendance he generates....everyone goes out to see that guy play.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
heady stuff for a rookie....legend in the making. Just hope he has a full career with us and stays healthy. He plays with reckless abandon sometimes but wouldn't want it any other way.....great passion for the game and a natural gifted athlete. Even if he ended up with the largest contract in the majors it would be worth it just for the attendance he generates....everyone goes out to see that guy play.
There are some great rookies this year but I’m not just being a homer when I say if I had my choice I’d pick Tatis. He’s a game changer at the top of the order.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
There are some great rookies this year but I’m not just being a homer when I say if I had my choice I’d pick Tatis. He’s a game changer at the top of the order.
Agree. He's a step above even the best of the rest. It's just his instincts and ability to react, speed, natural graceful movements, it's rare to see it all in one package like that. He's great both offensively and defensively. Only weakness is MAYBE, and that's a definite maybe, still young and occasionally would like one of his swings or his fielding plays over again. That's being extremely picky.