Carson Chuggers article in Forbes

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Joe Flacco: “It’s kind of a cool place, honestly,’’ Flacco added. “It’s not too dissimilar from a really nice Double-A (baseball) stadium, and it’s cool to see a lot of orange jerseys in the stands.’’

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Love it. Great beat down.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Great article. I wouldn't pay $129 to see the Chargers.
Now if you get carnival drop Deano into a pool of vinegar and pepper sauce,
I'd do it.

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
Those fans who were playing the San Diego Super Charger song are idiots. That’s SD history and you can’t play our song with that POS LA team.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Those fans who were playing the San Diego Super Charger song are idiots. That’s SD history and you can’t play our song with that POS LA team.
Actually they can...

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Actually they can...
It depends on the definition of "can." Under Ray's definition of "can," the matters of taste, respect, and decency are required elements. Your version of "can" is purely technical.

Technically, I can sing, but, as a matter of taste, any hearing person would disagree.

Technically, people can root for the L.A. Spanoses while playing San Diego's fight song. However, technically, Ray, who expects people to have some effing decency, can say they can't.

Last edited:
Reactions: TTK

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I can listen to rap. Okay, they go faster than my ears can pick up and I miss the chorus part.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
It depends on the definition of "can." Under Ray's definition of "can," the matters of taste, respect, and decency are required elements. Your version of "can" is purely technical.

Technically, I can sing, but, as a matter of taste, any hearing person would disagree.

Technically, people can root for the L.A. Spanoses while playing San Diego's fight song. However, technically, Ray, who expects people to have some effing decency, can say they can't.
No, it is neither of those.
Ray and others keep speaking to what they want. They want things to be the way they want them, and apply rules to things that have no basis in logic, or reality. Rules that they themselves would refuse to listen to if the roles were reversed.
The history of the LA Chargers is the SD Chargers, just as the history of the SD Chargers was the LA Chargers. To pretend that because you choose to stand behind the city council rather than the team, that you can enact new laws or demand obeisance to your will is foolishness at best.

Does it make sense for fans to play SD Super Chargers for the LA Chargers... Not really.
However, pining about it on a forum frequented by 6 or 8 people is not going to impact that, and arguing about it on Twitsville only calls out the trolls.

So in fact, they can play it. People can wear Chargers gear to Padres and Aztec games. Just as the guy wore a Rams jersey to the Chargers-Denver game this last weekend. Ray, you, others can dislike it, but there is no 'you can't' about it.

Want to hate the team? Hate them. Want to follow the team? Follow them. Want to make up stupid rules for others to goose step in lemming line with you because 'reasons' well... Get ready for people to laugh and ignore you.

Also your comment on decency is really, hypocritically one sided. You think it is decent for people to do what you want. Do you or the others try to find a middle ground with any current Chargers fan out of decency? No? So you might want to slow your roll about being decent until you want to be part of that process. That is my humble opinion. What is 'decent' to you might not be to the other side of the argument.

I get it, many here have made their identity hating the Chargers. Cool. Seems sad to me, to let the Spani have that level of impact on your life but to each their own. People choosing to let the Spani have that level of impact does not give them any authority to tell others how to be a fan or who to root for.

Reactions: Lancer 1

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
No, it is neither of those.
Ray and others keep speaking to what they want. They want things to be the way they want them, and apply rules to things that have no basis in logic, or reality. Rules that they themselves would refuse to listen to if the roles were reversed.
The history of the LA Chargers is the SD Chargers, just as the history of the SD Chargers was the LA Chargers. To pretend that because you choose to stand behind the city council rather than the team, that you can enact new laws or demand obeisance to your will is foolishness at best.

Does it make sense for fans to play SD Super Chargers for the LA Chargers... Not really.
However, pining about it on a forum frequented by 6 or 8 people is not going to impact that, and arguing about it on Twitsville only calls out the trolls.

So in fact, they can play it. People can wear Chargers gear to Padres and Aztec games. Just as the guy wore a Rams jersey to the Chargers-Denver game this last weekend. Ray, you, others can dislike it, but there is no 'you can't' about it.

Want to hate the team? Hate them. Want to follow the team? Follow them. Want to make up stupid rules for others to goose step in lemming line with you because 'reasons' well... Get ready for people to laugh and ignore you.

Also your comment on decency is really, hypocritically one sided. You think it is decent for people to do what you want. Do you or the others try to find a middle ground with any current Chargers fan out of decency? No? So you might want to slow your roll about being decent until you want to be part of that process. That is my humble opinion. What is 'decent' to you might not be to the other side of the argument.

I get it, many here have made their identity hating the Chargers. Cool. Seems sad to me, to let the Spani have that level of impact on your life but to each their own. People choosing to let the Spani have that level of impact does not give them any authority to tell others how to be a fan or who to root for.
Thanks for telling us your rules and complaining about Ray's.

Reactions: Fouts

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Conc

———-

Spanos=Chargers. Chargers=Spanos. That not the fan's identity, that's the reality.
And if Spanos fails to deliever, irregardless of location, he deserves the hatred. Fans are “letting Spanni have that level of impact”, because he has earned that level. Even non Charger SD fans hate Spanos. I don't recall telling anyone how to a fan. I encourage all the LAC fans to get in there and show us your lightning bolts. But they don't show up. The stands are vastly visitor fans. The (new) city hates them. Root for whatever team you like. Just expect people to make fun of you and your owner if it's the current LAC.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Conc

Harry. In the lower right, (that would be this way -->) of every post is a Reply button. Use it. Go ahead... Click it and see how magically it makes it so people can understand when you are QUOTING someone's post. MAGIC!

Spanos=Chargers. Chargers=Spanos.
Yes, you have already, repeatedly indicated that you cannot wrap your head around the concept that people can dislike the ownership and like the team. Sorry you are not able to grasp such a concept.

That not the fan's identity, that's the reality.
How many times did you root for the Spanos when the team was in SD? When LT broke the record were you in the stands chanting "SPANOS! SPANOS! SPANOS!" Did your jesrsey say SPANOS on the back? what is reality is quite a few fans of many teams dislike the owners. Hell some even hate the GMs. But they root for the team. It is incredibly simple and for you to be this obtuse as to constantly debate it is, well an indication of your ability to grasp simple concepts.
That your arguments paint it as you loved when the Spanos sided with AJ Smith and fire Schotty, after the two acted like 3rd graders again says something about you! Their lack of leadership must have got your fan juices a bubblin! The Spanos firing Boss Ross must have made you take to the streets a cheering! You know... Because "That not the fan's identity, that's the reality."

Sorry I don't live by your rules. I have not liked the ownership for over a decade. Deal with it!

And if Spanos fails to deliever, irregardless of location, he deserves the hatred. Fans are “letting Spanni have that level of impact”, because he has earned that level.
Go for it! Hate on him. But again, you jump into a conversation and demonstrate a lack of ability to stay on topic. No one is talking about Spani hate but you. We were talking about telling other fans what they can, and cannot do. Implementing silly rules and expecting others to follow them.

Even non Charger SD fans hate Spanos. I don't recall telling anyone how to a fan.
Look in previous posts. :rolleyes:

encourage all the LAC fans to get in there and show us your lightning bolts. But they don't show up.
What ever.

The stands are vastly visitor fans.
So what?

The (new) city hates them.
Yeah, I am sure they do, because that makes you feel happy and you have already shown the ability to ignore what is really happening in order to maintain the lies you live your life to...

Root for whatever team you like.
Thank you I will. You do the same. Oh, dont forget to cheer the owner when a TD is scored. Would not want you not living up to the rules you are dictating to others.

Just expect people to make fun of you and your owner if it's the current LAC.
OK, go for it. I can make fun of your inability to properly quote a post, and lack of logic in your rules you want to dictate. So who's name did you cal out when the team went to the Superbowl? Alex or Dean?

Last edited:

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Conc

La will never give a rats ass about the chuggers. Period.

Spanos is a dick.

Enjoy your team.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Conc

La will never give a rats ass about the chuggers. Period.

Spanos is a dick.

Enjoy your team.
LA may not. One could argue if they care about the Rams either. LA does not have a history of selling out NFL games. So you could be right. But what difference does it make? Spani made their bed, and they have to lie in it.

Spanos are dripping, syphilitic dicks... yes...

Thanks. I will.

Reactions: DFWBoltFan

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Harry. In the lower right, (that would be this way -->) of every post is a Reply button. Use it. Go ahead... Click it and see how magically it makes it so people can understand when you are QUOTING someone's post. MAGIC!

Yes, you have already, repeatedly indicated that you cannot wrap your head around the concept that people can dislike the ownership and like the team. Sorry you are not able to grasp such a concept.

How many times did you root for the Spanos when the team was in SD? When LT broke the record were you in the stands chanting "SPANOS! SPANOS! SPANOS!" Did your jesrsey say SPANOS on the back? what is reality is quite a few fans of many teams dislike the owners. Hell some even hate the GMs. But they root for the team. It is incredibly simple and for you to be this obtuse as to constantly debate it is, well an indication of your ability to grasp simple concepts.
That your arguments paint it as you loved when the Spanos sided with AJ Smith and fire Schotty, after the two acted like 3rd graders again says something about you! Their lack of leadership must have got your fan juices a bubblin! The Spanos firing Boss Ross must have made you take to the streets a cheering! You know... Because "That not the fan's identity, that's the reality."

Sorry I don't live by your rules. I have not liked the ownership for over a decade. Deal with it!

Go for it! Hate on him. But again, you jump into a conversation and demonstrate a lack of ability to stay on topic. No one is talking about Spani hate but you. We were talking about telling other fans what they can, and cannot do. Implementing silly rules and expecting others to follow them.

Look in previous posts. :rolleyes:

What ever.

So what?

Yeah, I am sure they do, because that makes you feel happy and you have already shown the ability to ignore what is really happening in order to maintain the lies you live your life to...

Thank you I will. You do the same. Oh, dont forget to cheer the owner when a TD is scored. Would not want you not living up to the rules you are dictating to others.

OK, go for it. I can make fun of your inability to properly quote a post, and lack of logic in your rules you want to dictate. So who's name did you cal out when the team went to the Superbowl? Alex or Dean?
I called out: Fuckin' Chargers! Should of been: The Impossible Deano.

And “no one is talking about Spani hate but you”?

The Three Stooges could of saved you a (free) seat
9AF801A4-8C74-4860-9726-C675E062AF0A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
And another thing,

the fan of the la chrgs CANNOT sing the San Diego Charger fight song - try it. It can't be done los angelas super chargers? San Diego Super Chargers?

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
I called out: Fuckin' Chargers! Should of been: The Impossible Deano.

And “no one is talking about Spani hate but you”?

The Three Stooges could of saved you a (free) seat
View attachment 6875
I've said for years that even a child can understand that to cheer for the LAC to succeed is to cheer the
success of the evil spanos screwing of San Diego. There's just no honest way to spin that as not true.
Whenever I see a desperate attempt to argue against that, I think of the classic Upton Sinclair quote:
""It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"

In other words, after the strong have moved on, those too weak to break their unhealthy addiction will continue, and make
transparent, weak excuses: "It's okay. No, really. I can say I'm morally against the spanoses, while cheering their success."
They will refuse to acknowledge the ridiculousness of their assertion, because their continued craven support depends upon
their not accepting it.

p.s. This picture should be on the NFL's UK ads: "Try American Gridiron...and You'll Look Like These Guys!"
American Gridiron.jpg

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
My photoshop skills suck but why the left hand over the mouth ?

Is that some satanos ritual ?

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Deano and his Sons: What did LA ever do to deserve them?

Pay your relocation fee, Stooges.

Fouts

Go Rams!
Aug 17, 2007
La Jolla, CA
Sam Farmer tweet

Remember: Chargers never have a homefield advantage.

A great team can overcome that. But in the NFL, where every feather on the scale counts, that has a crippling cumulative effect.

Arizona overcame that with a new stadium and winning. But the Cardinals had the market alone.