• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Can we break the record for most sacks in a season?

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#1
The record is 72, set by the 1984 Chicago Bears. What do you guys think? Can we do better.

We are on pace for 144. :icon_rofl:

And we do play the Turds again. :icon_banana:
 

exodus

Well-Known Member
#2
Sure, why not. We only need 4.2 a game for the rest of the season. Honestly, I think we could make a run for it if we are in good shape after week 2.:yes:
 
#5
I'll check the pace after the halfway point of the season to see if it's possible.

1 week into the season is way to premature to be thinking about it.
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#6
Critter said:
I'll check the pace after the halfway point of the season to see if it's possible.

1 week into the season is way to premature to be thinking about it.
I don't think it was too soon to ask the question before the season. We had 46 sacks last season, and our three best pass rushers--Merriman, Philips and Castillo--have a total of seven years experience in the league. They should all have better numbers than last year.
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
#7
boltssbbound said:
I don't think it was too soon to ask the question before the season. We had 46 sacks last season, and our three best pass rushers--Merriman, Philips and Castillo--have a total of seven years experience in the league. They should all have better numbers than last year.
Way too early to tell. Dont get too excited about the inflated numbers that we got against the Raiders. They are a pathetic team. I agree with Critter, check the pace half way and that will be a much better gauge.
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
#11
Johnny Lightning said:
I think we will have the most in the NFL this year :thumbup:
I hope so, and how crazy good this D is, and I think will be I would say yes. I am just not going to make that desicion based on playing that pop warner team the Raiders.
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#13
Concudan said:
Way too early to tell. Dont get too excited about the inflated numbers that we got against the Raiders. They are a pathetic team. I agree with Critter, check the pace half way and that will be a much better gauge.
I know the numbers were inflated against the Turds. But this pass rush is going to be exceptional. We essentially need to average 4 sacks a game from here on out to break that record. With games remaining against the Titans, Turds, Queefs (2), Browns, Buffalo, Cardinals and 49ers, it certainly is within our grasp.
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
#15
boltssbbound said:
I know the numbers were inflated against the Turds. But this pass rush is going to be exceptional. We essentially need to average 4 sacks a game from here on out to break that record. With games remaining against the Titans, Turds, Queefs (2), Browns, Buffalo, Cardinals and 49ers, it certainly is within our grasp.
Agreed, but there will be games where we get none. So lets hope for the 6+ games to fill in the gaps!:tup:
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#22
eldwin said:
Yeah, I was looking forward to Inside the NFL.

Now the show sucks!:icon_evil:
What's up with the 20 minute features on Mawae and Cowher's daughter?

When they said more in-depth highlights, I assumed they meant more audio of players and coaches talking on the sideline, more unique camera angles of game action, more radio play by play, not sappy storylines. That show is weak. I Tivoed it and fast forwarded through almost the whole damn thing.
 
#24
eldwin said:
Yeah, I was looking forward to Inside the NFL.

Now the show sucks!:icon_evil:
Agreed.... especially because they said teams would have to play their way onto the show.... I guess the Ravens shuting out a team is "better" than us doing it.... lame.
 
#26
glutton4Bolts said:
Agreed.... especially because they said teams would have to play their way onto the show.... I guess the Ravens shuting out a team is "better" than us doing it.... lame.
Yep it sux. I removed it from my TiVo season pass list. :tdown:
 
#27
Yes, the Bolts D can.... I think the chances are pretty decent. A lot has to fall in line... particularly, the offense (and DEFENSE) needs to score and score early.... putting the opposing team in pass happy mode. Any team that comes out against us with 7 step drops should fire their offensive coordinator. In short, if the "D-lectric Company" doesnt break the sack record, they should come pretty close.... its gonna be a great year!
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#29
eldwin said:
Yeah, I was looking forward to Inside the NFL.

Now the show sucks!:icon_evil:
Since Costas joined the crew, he has made changes like this.

Looks like we'll be getting our highlights from ESPN's NFL PrimeTime and and NFL Network's GameDay Final.
 

Top