Cam Newton signs with New England

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
watch Bellichek and josh McDaniels turn the guy into an absolute freak QB who goes to the HOF. Meanwhile Deano and the 2 kids whack off.

Reactions: Fender57

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
It was funny the Pats signed Newton the same day the NFL ruled the Cheaters cheated yet again. How often do the Bob Krafts have to cheat before the Patsy championships are delegitimized?

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Why didn't they rush to sign Kappy from his burra?

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Why didn't they do whatever it took to sign the greatest player there has ever been?

Why, after getting busted for stealing info via video for a second time, do we still consider their championships legit? If one team knows what the other team is going to call, how is that a fair contest? Better yet, how bad does a team have to be that they need to steal plans in order to beat the Bengals? How bad does a team have to be to know what the other team is going to do and not go undefeated every season.

I only know of one non Cheatriots game in which one team knew the other team's plans. That was the Super Bowl between the Bucs and Raiders. The Bucs crushed the Raiders so bad, the Raiders, after a decade or two, have never recovered.

We can blame Marty and our fumbling safety all we want, but they/we were playing by the rules. There is enough evidence for me to decide one big reason San Diego never won a championship is because the Cheatriots cheated us. The Cheats aren't as evil as the L.A. Spanoses, but they aren't worthy of respect either. Fuck them (unless, of course, they are playing the Spanoses (or maybe the Cowboys)).

Last edited:
Reactions: ThunderHorse17

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Why didn't they do whatever it took to sign the greatest player there has ever been?

Why, after getting busted for stealing info via video for a second time, do we still consider their championships legit? If one team knows what the other team is going to call, how is that a fair contest? Better yet, how bad does a team have to be that they need to steal plans in order to beat the Bengals? How bad does a team have to be to know what the other team is going to do and not go undefeated every season.

I only know of one non Cheatriots game in which one team knew the other team's plans. That was the Super Bowl between the Bucs and Raiders. The Bucs crushed the Raiders so bad, the Raiders, after a decade or two, have never recovered.

We can blame Marty and our fumbling safety all we want, but they/we were playing by the rules. There is enough evidence for me to decide one big reason San Diego never won a championship is because the Cheatriots cheated us. The Cheats aren't as evil as the L.A. Spanoses, but they aren't worthy of respect either. Fuck them (unless, of course, they are playing the Spanoses (or maybe the Cowboys)).
Q......
you're dreaming. When MCree fumbled and Patriots got the ball back, there was 4:41 on the clock and the Chuggers had an 8 point lead. The Patriots marched down the field and scored a TD.
Failure on Defense. Then they successfully score a two point conversion—To tie up the game. Failure again on “the defense”. Chargers got ball back and had to punt. Failure on offense.
Patriots got ball back and moved to score the winning FG with I think 04 seconds left.

That's not cheating. It's simply a classic Chugger crappy big game performance.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
watch Bellichek and josh McDaniels turn the guy into an absolute freak QB who goes to the HOF. Meanwhile Deano and the 2 kids whack off.
It is guaranteed per the Chugger Curse Craptown Commandments that Cam
will succeed in New England and the Patriots will once more revile a talented player.

You can hate NT but the curse loves to work this way.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Q......
you're dreaming. When MCree fumbled and Patriots got the ball back, there was 4:41 on the clock and the Chuggers had an 8 point lead. The Patriots marched down the field and scored a TD.
Failure on Defense. Then they successfully score a two point conversion—To tie up the game. Failure again on “the defense”. Chargers got ball back and had to punt. Failure on offense.
Patriots got ball back and moved to score the winning FG with I think 04 seconds left.

That's not cheating. It's simply a classic Chugger crappy big game performance.
My man. You usually get it. Yes. The Chargers made all kinds of errors during that game, but the Patriots still needed to cheat to win. There is too much circumstantial evidence to ignore the cheating factor. It isn't any kind of dream. It is real.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Cam Newton, when healthy, was a better quarterback than Tom Brady. As far as I am concerned, he and Ben Rothlisberger were the best of their time, and both have had their careers stunted by excessive defensive hits. Maybe some extra time to pass, extra months/years to heal, and a game plan and halftime adjustments based on ill-gotten intelligence will revive Superman's career. Or maybe he is washed up. We shall see. Either way, the Pats will be in the Super Bowl.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
It is guaranteed per the Chugger Curse Craptown Commandments that Cam
will succeed in New England and the Patriots will once more revile a talented player.

You can hate NT but the curse loves to work this way.

oh jeez no,,,,the norval curse......wow.....lolz

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
My man. You usually get it. Yes. The Chargers made all kinds of errors during that game, but the Patriots still needed to cheat to win. There is too much circumstantial evidence to ignore the cheating factor. It isn't any kind of dream. It is real.
As Bill once said:

“The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars / But in ourselves, that we are underlings.” (Julius Caesar, Act I, Scene III, L. 140-141).

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
I find the guy pretty hard to like...

but when he's healthy he's a hell of a baller to watch!

Part of me wants to see him kill it in 2020, for the entertainment value,

though part of me wants to see the Pats go 3-13, to shut up some of the "Best Coach of All Time" pre-sainthood of Belichick...

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018

though part of me wants to see the Pats go 3-13, to shut up some of the "Best Coach of All Time" pre-sainthood of Belichick...
Imho, he's the best QB of his generation....but even if he isn't, you're telling me that he was not worth the league minimum to create some buzz, and draw some interest in a star-power-driven market like LA?...LAC could've gone 3-13 with Cam and created a bigger splash in LA than going 8-8 with Tyrod!

Reactions: Harryo the K

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Imho, he's the best QB of his generation....but even if he isn't, you're telling me that he was not worth the league minimum to create some buzz, and draw some interest in a star-power-driven market like LA?...LAC could've gone 3-13 with Cam and created a bigger splash in LA than going 8-8 with Tyrod!
Best of his generation?
Cam NO NO.jpg
I don't think I can go that far...

But yeah...I too figured the LAC would want a gimmick, going into a new stadium,
after losing their most recognizable player. Lots of folks would pay to see Cam, but not Tyrod.

I made a prediction ages ago (don't remember exactly what it was) of a mediocre (7-9? 8-8?) 2020 record for the LAC, admitting that I thought their roster was worthy of a much better (11-5?) record...
predicting the under performance because of the psychology of working for possibly
the shittiest owners in the league, and no genuine home games.

Sadly, I think this weird COVID-19 stadium situation helps the LAC:
It should mute some of their "home field" disadvantage. :( I'm upping my LAC prediction to 9-7. :(
assuming greatly reduced or non-existent fans allowed at NFL games.

I'm also predicting that the As go 2-58, after losing their first 57, as usual. :p

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007

If the pats go 3-13, Belichick's status takes a small hit, while Brady's goes up.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
If the pats go 3-13, Belichick's status takes a small hit, while Brady's goes up.
True...or maybe a medium hit.
I've always said that the Genius (Bill Walsh) wasn't so genius-y before Montana showed up.

I truly wanna see how genius-y BB is without TB.* If he goes 14-2 and deep in the playoffs, I'll apologize
to him for doubting him, sew some new patches on his hoody, and even photoshop a smile onto him...

*Note: Author does not imply that BB has/had Tuberculosis

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Of course you'd have a problem how explaining how Tyrod would win five more games than Cam could. Yeah, I know numbers just to show a dramatic difference.

Also you gotta make your numbers come out to17 total games. Yeah.
Looking at their sc'du well....
I can't see any quarterbacks they match up with, eg Tyrod is thr “better” quarterback.
Maybe rookies Burrows and Tua. Maybe.

Try promoting the Bucs game of Tyrod T. vs T. Brady. Just let Herbert start.
LA doesn't care.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
I believe that 2020 is still 16 games.

(I don't even know if they've settled, for sure, on if 17-game seasons begin in 2022 or 2023...)
I don't think even the owners or the players know at this point....They're all just showing up to play some games...nobody knows any more than that!

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Best of his generation?
View attachment 7702
I don't think I can go that far...

But yeah...I too figured the LAC would want a gimmick, going into a new stadium,
after losing their most recognizable player. Lots of folks would pay to see Cam, but not Tyrod.

I made a prediction ages ago (don't remember exactly what it was) of a mediocre (7-9? 8-8?) 2020 record for the LAC, admitting that I thought their roster was worthy of a much better (11-5?) record...
predicting the under performance because of the psychology of working for possibly
the shittiest owners in the league, and no genuine home games.

Sadly, I think this weird COVID-19 stadium situation helps the LAC:
It should mute some of their "home field" disadvantage. :( I'm upping my LAC prediction to 9-7. :(
assuming greatly reduced or non-existent fans allowed at NFL games.

I'm also predicting that the As go 2-58, after losing their first 57, as usual. :p
Yeah...but just out of curiosity, if you did have to go that far; who would you pick over him?

Russell Wilson? I think he's great too, but I still would take Cam over him! Wilson has had a "special" relationship with the other mensch in the coaching fraternity, Pete Caroll; whereas Cam has had to deal with Charger retreads like Ron Rivera and Norv Turner to name a few.
Matt Ryan? He's had the who's who of WR's throughout his career; and who can name one of Cam's WR's in CAR?

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Yeah...but just out of curiosity, if you did have to go that far; who would you pick over him?

Russell Wilson? I think he's great too, but I still would take Cam over him! Wilson has had a "special" relationship with the other mensch in the coaching fraternity, Pete Caroll; whereas Cam has had to deal with Charger retreads like Ron Rivera and Norv Turner to name a few.
Matt Ryan? He's had the who's who of WR's throughout his career; and who can name one of Cam's WR's in CAR?
Well, Step One would be to decide some parameters re. just who counts as "his generation."

I think if you defined it narrowly enough, yes, it's conceivable. But defined broadly, there's
probably 2 or 3 or 4 other guys I'd prefer. Honestly (and I'm definitely not asking you to do this!)
I think I'd need a list of all the guys in "his generation."

Wilson? He's always kinda flown under the radar with me, but he shouldn't: He's been consistent
at a very high level. Is he as fun to watch a Newton? Maybe not, but overall, yeah, I'd say Wilson
is a better QB. If I were building a team around one of the two...it's Wilson in a landslide...

p.s. I didn't see your Matt Ryan reference at first. I know he's piled up some big stats (and stayed healthy)
but I feel like I've only seen him in, like 5 games over his whole career...and he didn't seem "elite."
And it seems like those who do see all the QBs with great frequency...well, they rarely mention him
when comparing elites.

Last edited:

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Well, Step One would be to decide some parameters re. just who counts as "his generation."

I think if you defined it narrowly enough, yes, it's conceivable. But defined broadly, there's
probably 2 or 3 or 4 other guys I'd prefer. Honestly (and I'm definitely not asking you to do this!)
I think I'd need a list of all the guys in "his generation."

Wilson? He's always kinda flown under the radar with me, but he shouldn't: He's been consistent
at a very high level. Is he as fun to watch a Newton? Maybe not, but overall, yeah, I'd say Wilson
is a better QB. If I were building a team around one of the two...it's Wilson in a landslide...

p.s. I didn't see your Matt Ryan reference at first. I know he's piled up some big stats (and stayed healthy)
but I feel like I've only seen him in, like 5 games over his whole career...and he didn't seem "elite."
And it seems like those who do see all the QBs with great frequency...well, they rarely mention him
when comparing elites.
You're right..."his generation" is a vague term...so let's set the parameters.
Cam was picked 1st overall out of my Auburn Tigers in 2011...That was after starting his college career in Florida as a backup to Tim Tebow, then transferring to Binn College and finally to Auburn and winning the BSC National Title and The Heisman!...
So, how about we look at all the QB's picked from 2006 to 2015?

As you can see there were 116 QB's taken in that span...not going to list them all but the notable ones are in bold and include names like:

Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, Jimmy Garoppolo, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Geno Smith, Mike Glennon, Robert Griffin III, Ryan Tannehill, Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles, Andy Dalton, Blaine Gabbert, Colin Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor, Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Chad Henne, JaMarcus Russell, Drew Stanton, Vince Young, and Jay Cutler among others.

Now you say you would pick Russell Wilson over Cam in a "landslide"...and you're more than welcome to that opinion; but you would do that NOW; right?...You weren't saying that coming out of college; were you?....certainly not after their rookie season, when Cam set every rookie record known to man....and definitely not after the 2015 season when Cam was league MVP!
Out of all the names on that list, Russell Wilson is the only one that could hold a candle to Newton, and as I said earlier, he's been very lucky to have had the "special" relationship he's had with Pete Caroll, which I believe has had a huge role in his success. I do not think Russell Wilson would have any where close to level of success he's had, if he had to play in CAR under Ron Rivera for his entire career...Cam's OC's since entering the league have been Rob Chudzinski (remember him in SD?), Mike Shula, and Norv Turner!

Matt Ryan is most definitely in the conversation as one of the best of his generation, but his generation would include the likes of Aaron Rodgers, and ALEX SMITH...so I don't know where he'd rank!!

Another guy in the above list that I think very highly of is Matthew Stafford...His career was wasted in DET, but he could have been great...I expect big things from him THIS year!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lance19