Browns plan to hire Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski as head coach

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com

BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns are planning to hire Vikings offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski as their head coach, a source confirmed to ESPN.

Stefanski, 37, will replace Freddie Kitchens, whom the Browns fired on Dec. 29 after only one season and a 6-10 record. Stefanski was a finalist for the Cleveland job last year as well, before the team promoted Kitchens from interim offensive coordinator instead.

NFL Network first reported the Browns' plan to hire Stefanski.

The Vikings fell 27-10 to the San Francisco 49ers in the divisional round Saturday, clearing the way for Cleveland to officially move forward with Stefanski.

The Browns met with eight candidates, including 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh. They also interviewed Mike McCarthy, whom the Dallas Cowboyslater hired to be their head coach, Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman, Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, Buffalo Billsoffensive coordinator Brian Daboll, Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz and New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.

The Browns did not overreact to Saturday's performance of Stefanski's offense, which managed just 147 yards of total offense and allowed six sacks.

Stefanski becomes the franchise's 18th head coach, but already the 12th (including interim head coaches) since the Browns returned to the NFL in 1999. Stefanski will also be the fifth head coach that owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam have hired since purchasing the team in 2012.

The Haslams are still searching for a new general manager to pair with Stefanski in the wake of firing John Dorsey on Dec. 31 after just two years.

captaind

Waka waka waka
Jul 12, 2007
Tennessee
Because the Vikings offense is so good....lol, the Browns suck.

So McDaniels got passed on by everyone. What does that say?

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Major mistake. They will stay the suckage team they've always been now. LOL. They pass over Robert Saleh for this guy???? Although one thing about Saleh. He has FIVE first round draft picks playing/rotating along his D line. He lost D Ford and Kwan Alexander for a stretch and suddenly that D looked not so invincible. Even yesterday with one change at CB his D changed. But I'd say put that guy at HC in an organization that knows how to draft and acquire talent and he's gonna be a top notch perennial winner. He just motivates his players and has a way about him.....all his players are awed by his ability to coach and teach......amazes me there will probably be no team that takes him as a HC. Are there any vacancies even left?????

Pointyearedog

I only put idiots on ignore...
Aug 19, 2008
Golden Hill
Major mistake. They will stay the suckage team they've always been now. LOL. They pass over Robert Saleh for this guy???? Although one thing about Saleh. He has FIVE first round draft picks playing/rotating along his D line. He lost D Ford and Kwan Alexander for a stretch and suddenly that D looked not so invincible. Even yesterday with one change at CB his D changed. But I'd say put that guy at HC in an organization that knows how to draft and acquire talent and he's gonna be a top notch perennial winner. He just motivates his players and has a way about him.....all his players are awed by his ability to coach and teach......amazes me there will probably be no team that takes him as a HC. Are there any vacancies even left?????
Chargers OC.

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

captaind

Waka waka waka
Jul 12, 2007
Tennessee
There should be one in LA, and I wouldn't put it past them to do it in March....but no, I think that's all the vacancies.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
There should be one in LA, and I wouldn't put it past them to do it in March....but no, I think that's all the vacancies.
ha ha....the spanii are in love with Lynn....they are hopeless......he'll end up with a 4 year extension even if he goes 8-8 next year...they'll consider that steady imrovement. lolz.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
ha ha....the spanii are in love with Lynn....they are hopeless......he'll end up with a 4 year extension even if he goes 8-8 next year...they'll consider that steady imrovement. lolz.
8-9 you mean. 17 game season coming.
And for the Spanni Circus to win 8, yes, that's improvement.

Reactions: Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I would rather be Cleveland than L.A. At least the Browns have redeeming qualities. There is nothing likeable about the Spanoses.
You may list Cleveland's football redeeming qualities whenever it's possible.

One could claim sludge and sewage are two different things but it wouldn't smell different.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
You may list Cleveland's football redeeming qualities whenever it's possible.

One could claim sludge and sewage are two different things but it wouldn't smell different.
A big lake? People who can survive the cold? Rock 'n roll Hall of Fame. Major Leagues baseball movies. Spanos isn't there.

Reactions: wrbanwal

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
that guy on the right up there is hated in CLE to this day. He's THEIR Satan just as we have ours and just as BAL has theirs in Robert Irsay. Never forget.

Reactions: Harryo the K

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
that guy on the right up there is hated in CLE to this day. He's THEIR Satan just as we have ours and just as BAL has theirs in Robert Irsay. Never forget.
Our Satan is actually Satan. Beezlebub and Spanos are devilish names. I am pretty sure that evil goat statue that Satanists bow down to is an exact image of Spanos.

Modell is a Mexican beer or a tall, skinny chick.

Irsay is a talking ear.

Spanos is the devil. I am not Christian, but, according the Book of Revelations, Los Angeles (the Angels) take him down. Thank God.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Our Satan is actually Satan. Beezlebub and Spanos are devilish names. I am pretty sure that evil goat statue that Satanists bow down to is an exact image of Spanos.

Modell is a Mexican beer or a tall, skinny chick.

Irsay is a talking ear.

Spanos is the devil. I am not Christian, but, according the Book of Revelations, Los Angeles (the Angels) take him down. Thank God.
ha ha , good one.....Modell is a Mexican beer or tall skinny chick and Irsay is a talking ear. LMAO.

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl