Broncos OT Lepsis done for season after ACL tear

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2636249&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

DENVER -- Denver Broncos left tackle Matt Lepsis is out for the season after tearing a ligament in his right knee in the first half of the Broncos' 17-7 win over Cleveland, the team said Monday.

"Anytime you lose one of your top players for the season, it's always a pretty good punch," coach Mike Shanahan said after an MRI revealed the tear in Lepsis' anterior cruciate ligament. "It's a knockout punch almost."

Shanahan said he looked at film of the play only briefly and wasn't sure how Lepsis tore the ligament.

Reactions: KimPossible

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
I really don't like to route for injuries to any player. Having been through injuries myself I know rehab is not a fun thing at all. Still, I can't help but be glad that a division opponent is weakened, especially after all of the injuries we've had.

MasterOfPuppets

Charger fan since 1979
Aug 8, 2006
Tijuana, Mexico
I don't like rooting for injuries also, except when is to a cheating, dirty POS bronco olinemen :tup: I still remember one of those aholes rolling over Jamal's leg from behind :icon_evil: