Brees hittin Horn on the fly!

  • Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
56,234
3,737
350
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=115496

JACKSON, Miss. -- Drew Brees fired a pass even before Joe Horn made his sharp cut. The receiver turned and snapped the tight spiral out of the air.
A little later, Horn stopped, turned and finished off a comeback route midway through the New Orleans Saints' practice Monday morning. Once again, the ball hit Horn in the hands with precision, arriving too quickly for a defender to make a play.

Throw by throw, catch by catch, Drew Brees and Joe Horn are getting to know each other.

How that relationship builds in the coming weeks will have a major impact on how the Saints rebound from last year's 3-13 record.


"You have to work at it," Horn said. "Anything you do in life, you have to work at it to be good. And that's what we're doing."

Horn has been an elite receiver, the kind of target Brees never had in San Diego. Horn stretches the field, makes tough catches and has a knack for scoring.

He has 7,822 career yards receiving and 53 touchdowns in his eight-year career, though most of that has come since joining the Saints in 2000. Perhaps more impressively, 391 of his 539 career catches have gone for first downs -- a rate of 72 percent.

Click the link for the rest of the article.
 

KimPossible

BoltTalker
Jun 23, 2006
3,286
1,023
300
Sounds like Drew is doing ok and fitting in...good for him.

I do think it is a little premature of him to declare himself completely recovered...after "two weeks" of heavy throwing. Time will tell...alot more time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Thumper

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
7,353
852
350
50
I know that I will get bashed very hard for this one but here it goes. Trade Donnie Edwards and our 6th rd daft pick from next years draft for Joe Horn to give us the replacement for Rashaun Woods that we cut and give us another weapon for Philip Rivers. Start the bashing I can take it.:unsure: :eek: :unsure:
 

Shamrock

Well-Known Member
Jun 18, 2006
11,141
1,167
350
55
turbo_turtle said:
I know that I will get bashed very hard for this one but here it goes. Trade Donnie Edwards and our 6th rd daft pick from next years draft for Joe Horn to give us the replacement for Rashaun Woods that we cut and give us another weapon for Philip Rivers. Start the bashing I can take it.:unsure: :eek: :unsure:
Horn is a good WR, but he's a one or two year guy, much like McCardell. Rumors have said the Saints might want to trade Donte Stallworth, but I'm lukewarm on him too. He's on his last year of his rookie contract, and will be a UFA after this season. Plus, he's had attitude and off field problems in the past.

From the camp reports, it looks like Malcom Floyd is going to take the spot that Woods was competing to get.

I do agree with you on the trade Edwards part. :)
 

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
7,353
852
350
50
Shamrock said:
Horn is a good WR, but he's a one or two year guy, much like McCardell. Rumors have said the Saints might want to trade Donte Stallworth, but I'm lukewarm on him too. He's on his last year of his rookie contract, and will be a UFA after this season. Plus, he's had attitude and off field problems in the past.

From the camp reports, it looks like Malcom Floyd is going to take the spot that Woods was competing to get.

I do agree with you on the trade Edwards part. :)
Thank you for not bashing me and I did not want Donte Stallworth because of the bad attitude and in my opinion would be a cancer for the Chargers that is why I wanted Joe Horn.

You are definitely correct with Floyd as our #4 or #5 wide receivers I am :eek: shocked because Rivers and Floyd are clicking for some reason and could realistically for Floyd could be our # 2 or #3 when the season roles on.
 

CrmWestwood

BoltTalker
Mar 21, 2006
142
40
100
37
turbo_turtle said:
Thank you for not bashing me and I did not want Donte Stallworth because of the bad attitude and in my opinion would be a cancer for the Chargers that is why I wanted Joe Horn.

You are definitely correct with Floyd as our #4 or #5 wide receivers I am :eek: shocked because Rivers and Floyd are clicking for some reason and could realistically for Floyd could be our # 2 or #3 when the season roles on.
I've been SOOOOOOOOO impressed with Floyd, the guy is just a flat out play maker...and I agree with your prior post too so I'm not bashin' for sure!:tup: :icon_banana: :tup:
 
  • Like
Reactions: O'reilly

Shamrock

Well-Known Member
Jun 18, 2006
11,141
1,167
350
55
turbo_turtle said:
You are definitely correct with Floyd as our #4 or #5 wide receivers I am :eek: shocked because Rivers and Floyd are clicking for some reason and could realistically for Floyd could be our # 2 or #3 when the season roles on.
While I doubt Floyd will be the #2 or #3, it can't be totally discounted that he will be a factor.

Eric Parker was an UDFA - even let go by the lowly Texans in mini-camp. Yet, through hard work he fought his way onto the roster and made a contribution his rookie season.

Floyd has impressed everyone I've read this training camp. If Jackson also steps up, then SD has four competent WR's going into the season, and Osgood as a good run blocking WR.
 

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
7,353
852
350
50
Shamrock said:
While I doubt Floyd will be the #2 or #3, it can't be totally discounted that he will be a factor.

Eric Parker was an UDFA - even let go by the lowly Texans in mini-camp. Yet, through hard work he fought his way onto the roster and made a contribution his rookie season.

Floyd has impressed everyone I've read this training camp. If Jackson also steps up, then SD has four competent WR's going into the season, and Osgood as a good run blocking WR.
Shamrock you are crystal clear about our receiving corp it is starting to look a little :icon_eek: scary as weapons for Rivers because of our 6' plus WR'S and Eric Parker being just 6' also. The experience that McCardell brings to put the rest of the corp under his wings. I think that The San Diego Charger pass offense will shock a lot of people in a positive way for us as the fans and help give us good fighting chance to get the prize at the end of the road. The Lombardi Trophy.:yes:
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
56,234
3,737
350
turbo_turtle said:
I know that I will get bashed very hard for this one but here it goes. Trade Donnie Edwards and our 6th rd daft pick from next years draft for Joe Horn to give us the replacement for Rashaun Woods that we cut and give us another weapon for Philip Rivers. Start the bashing I can take it.:unsure: :eek: :unsure:
:trout: :trout:

What? I am just allowing you to meet your bashing expectations. I am an enabler in that manner!:icon_mrgreen:
 

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
7,353
852
350
50
Concudan said:
:trout: :trout:

What? I am just allowing you to meet your bashing expectations. I am an enabler in that manner!:icon_mrgreen:
OT: How about a little bit more bashing is this trade Donnie Edwards and our 2nd or 3rd round pick in next years draft for the Arizona Cardinals Larry Fitzgerald. Again time for the bashing.:unsure: :eek: :unsure:
 

Electric Chair

Well-Known Member
May 23, 2006
8,437
563
350
turbo_turtle said:
OT: How about a little bit more bashing is this trade Donnie Edwards and our 2nd or 3rd round pick in next years draft for the Arizona Cardinals Larry Fitzgerald. Again time for the bashing.:unsure: :eek: :unsure:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Only if they throw in Boldin, too.
 

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
7,353
852
350
50
Electric Chair said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Only if they throw in Boldin, too.
I know It was wishful thinking on my part and I know it would not happen. I can dream all I want though and just trying to think on how to give Philip Rivers more weapons to utilize. I am selfish for the Bolts.:unsure: :eek: :unsure:
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
56,234
3,737
350
turbo_turtle said:
OT: How about a little bit more bashing is this trade Donnie Edwards and our 2nd or 3rd round pick in next years draft for the Arizona Cardinals Larry Fitzgerald. Again time for the bashing.:unsure: :eek: :unsure:
I would take that in less than a heart beat! Fitz is the bombdigity!
 

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
7,353
852
350
50
Concudan said:
I would take that in less than a heart beat! Fitz is the bombdigity!
I appreciate not getting the fish up side the head this time and I know that it is my wishfull thinking that we would get Larry Fitzgerald for a Donnie Edwards + a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick from our next years draft as a trade to the Arizona Cardinals. I just want the lombardi and am willing to wish how anyone who is a fan of the Chargers would to give San Diego what it justifiably needs.