BRADY TO SIGN WITH THE BUCCANEERS!!!

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
I don't know shit about him other than he made the sorry-ass Arizona Cardinals into contenders with no offensive line and a hasbeen and a bunch of never wuzzes rotating at quarterback.
Well he did have David Johnson some of the time. And when he was healthy he was the number 1 offensive reason the cards won games.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Brady, for better or worse, will continue his career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers barring a late change. On Tuesday evening ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that Tampa Bay is the “expected landing spot for Tom Brady barring anything unforeseen” and NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported that the Buccaneers had agreed in principle with Brady. The deal will be worth about $30 million per season according to Rapoport, who also reported that the Bucs were the only known team to make a formal offer.

So the Spanii never even made a formal offer LMAO!!!!!!

Reactions: cocasts

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Truthfully, It is my belief Tom Brady avidly reads this forum and AFSF heavily influenced his decision to avoid the spanii at all costs.:laugh::D
He probably asked for a hometown markup. $45 million. In cash. One year a time.
Wrapped in warm towels.
And a three Rams PSL Premium box seats.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
So let me get this straight. The spanii in their infinite wisdom failed to even make a formal offer to Brady. This is the same spanii that failed to make a formal offer to SD. I don't think they make formal offers. They just sort of wing it expecting their coaches or GM's or players to come to them with a formal offer. Or maybe they are just informal wild and crazy guys.

AG and Johnboy:

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
"I gotta say, I really don't appreciate your forum making fun of my sons"

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
He probably asked for a hometown markup. $45 million. In cash. One year a time.
Wrapped in warm towels.
And a three Rams PSL Premium box seats.
Brady probably said he would work for free and that the NFL had already guaranteed him the next Super Bowl MLB award, and the Spanoses probably said, "Nah. That isn't for us. Is Billy Joe still available."

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Okay, anyone think the Chuggers will do the Jameis Winston
or Cam Newton route?

Winston is an UFA and Newton has $18.5 million due in 2020. Unless he's released.

God, I'm glad I'm not a LA Chugger fan.

Reactions: handoverfist

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Okay, anyone think the Chuggers will do the Jameis Winston
or Cam Newton route?

Winston is an UFA and Newton has $18.5 million due in 2020. Unless he's released.

God, I'm glad I'm not a LA Chugger fan.
the spanii moved cities but have not changed a thing, they are clueless gutless wannabe's. Never take any risks , rush to take shelter in the low risk renter mode and continue avoiding anything perceived as being outside their normal 'comfort zone'. Yes , glad they left.....the were and embarrasment to SD and now are an embarrasment to LA.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
the spanii moved cities but have not changed a thing, they are clueless gutless wannabe's. Never take any risks , rush to take shelter in the low risk renter mode and continue avoiding anything perceived as being outside their normal 'comfort zone'. Yes , glad they left.....the were and embarrasment to SD and now are an embarrasment to LA.
And soon to be an embarrassment to Tehran.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The coveted most-overrated-player-of-all-time (MOO-PAT) record, which is best represented by a statue of a cow hosting Wheel of Fortune
ha ha....good one...a cow with pat sajack's face is the trophy.....kinda like the Heisman. Maybe call it the Hereford.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
So Jerrah called up Dean tonite, he was really pizzed and said "Jeebus Dean, you didn't even make a formal offer???? What kind of a dick are you???? You are ruining my investment for me you dumbass. I'm gonna make sure the league sends you and your sons and your team packing straight to hell"

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
So Jerrah called up Dean tonite, he was really pizzed and said "Jeebus Dean, you didn't even make a formal offer???? What kind of a dick are you???? You are ruining my investment for me you dumbass. I'm gonna make sure the league sends you and your sons and your team packing straight to hell"
“Can I stay at your place? Got $2 right here.”

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Brady, for better or worse, will continue his career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers barring a late change. On Tuesday evening ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that Tampa Bay is the “expected landing spot for Tom Brady barring anything unforeseen” and NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported that the Buccaneers had agreed in principle with Brady. The deal will be worth about $30 million per season according to Rapoport, who also reported that the Bucs were the only known team to make a formal offer.

So the Spanii never even made a formal offer LMAO!!!!!!
Oh they made an offer, but it was along the lines of:

"Hey follow me behind this dumpster and I'll rock your world baby"

Tom Brady:

your offer is one?

Dean:

I'm a nepotistic bitch of a son, I got 2 more for you to pugilate to your desire.

I'll stop now as its too easy to make fun of shit for just being shit.

But shit is it fun.

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Mexico?

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
the Deanos always wait for leftovers. This is what happened to them when KC made their move to get Reid. Spanos is risk averse, no risk no reward. It is what was always so frustrating in SD.

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
I did not want to see him in anything other than NE blue red and silver. To me he sold out his image in a sense. I don't quite get it. He has so much more money from endorsements down the road and what makes him so special is a career with ONE TEAM and he had a chance to retire in a final game in a few years in that stadium where he had so many accomplishments, and to the adulation of all his adoring fans there. That is gone now. To me he blew it. Dumb. All likely over ego between he and Bellichek.
Patriots didn’t want him. Bellichick thinks he can win without Tom and must think Brady gets too much credit.

We will soon see how that works out for both parties. Unfortunately, Brady is way past his prime and there’s big question marks about his supporting cast in Tampa.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Patriots didn’t want him. Bellichick thinks he can win without Tom and must think Brady gets too much credit.

We will soon see how that works out for both parties. Unfortunately, Brady is way past his prime and there’s big question marks about his supporting cast in Tampa.
So, when that happens, I will expect everybody here to apologize to me and agree I win the smart-person prize.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

yeah I concur with the article Ray posted re: Brady and the bolts losing out yet again. They made it clear they felt Brady has made a big mistake by not staying with NE til the end of this career. Amazing what egos do to cloud the mind. My take is thus: He very clearly stands to make WAAAAAY more $$$$$$ from his image/endorsements AFTER his career is over. So what would set him apart from all the other supposed, alleged G.O.A.T's other than the # of rings he won? The fact he could have stayed with one team his entire career. True blue Tom image is lost now.....the final game at foxboro with the cheering adulation of all his fans over the year would have been an epic historical farewell......gone now. He only stands to blemish his image. The only way he can limit the damage done is to go win a Lombardi for TB but the odds of that are slim and none IMO. Really bad decision on his part and that of his agent. The agent is negligent and Brady is evenmore egotistical thanthought. Of course Bellichek is a dick to deal with so there's that.