• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

BoltTalk Podcast #051

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
#1
This is our 1st live broadcast on TPSRadio.net. In the weeks show, Ray and Loren talk Chargers training camp, and share player observations from fans that attended. We also have the latest Chargers and NFL news, Chargers Trivia, and Frappr Shout Outs.

Listen to us live every Tuesday Night from 9PM to 10PM PST on TPSRadio.net!
It’s a new month, and you can show you support of the show by voting for us on Podcast Alley!

Chargers Theme Song Courtesy of the San Diego Chargers

Download the Show
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
#2
ChargerRay said:
This is our 1st live broadcast on TPSRadio.net. In the weeks show, Ray and Loren talk Chargers training camp, and share player observations from fans that attended. We also have the latest Chargers and NFL news, Chargers Trivia, and Frappr Shout Outs.

Listen to us live every Tuesday Night from 9PM to 10PM PST on TPSRadio.net!
It’s a new month, and you can show you support of the show by voting for us on Podcast Alley!

Chargers Theme Song Courtesy of the San Diego Chargers

Download the Show
Great show, and thank you to the Chargers for use of the sone and all the great moments!
 

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
#3
It was a fun show. Thanks to everyone who participated in the chat room, and we hope you guys listen every Tuesday Night!

Believe me, there will be a lot to talk about each week during the season. :tup:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#6
Charger Ray - are you going to incorporate a webcam as the host did throughout the show????? That looked way cool !!!

The host was pounding beers on the show !!! Even cooler :tup:
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#7
Trumpet_Man said:
Charger Ray - are you going to incorporate a webcam as the host did throughout the show????? That looked way cool !!!

The host was pounding beers on the show !!! Even cooler :tup:
That brings up images of Bob Uecker in "Major League" :icon_mrgreen:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#8
ChargerRay said:
It was a fun show. Thanks to everyone who participated in the chat room, and we hope you guys listen every Tuesday Night!

Believe me, there will be a lot to talk about each week during the season. :tup:
Hey guys, TDS Dave said you guys were the last show on so if you wanted to go over the alotted time, then you had a green light !!!

Heads up man !!!

If that is the deal, then Chargers fans can call-in and you can take a few late calls......Chargers fans will want more guys.....trust me.....think about a 90 minute show or two shows a week !!!

At the very least, if we get on a roll and they will let you go over the alotted time...rock and roll !!!
 

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
#10
Trumpet_Man said:
Hey guys, TDS Dave said you guys were the last show on so if you wanted to go over the alotted time, then you had a green light !!!

Heads up man !!!

If that is the deal, then Chargers fans can call-in and you can take a few late calls......Chargers fans will want more guys.....trust me.....think about a 90 minute show or two shows a week !!!

At the very least, if we get on a roll and they will let you go over the alotted time...rock and roll !!!
We will abosoutely go over if we need to. There will be lot's to talk about this season, we may do a 90 minute show from time to time. I used to do 2 shows a week last year, and that took too much of my time, so we are going to do 1 show on Tuesdays where we recap the previous game and preview the next one.

If you guys want to keep talking to us during the show, then we don't mind going over 1 hour.

BTW, thanks again guys for participating and listening.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#11
FYI ---

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

LEN STILL HATES US

Our friends at ESPN Radio 1460 in Jacksonville advised us this afternoon that ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli refused to appear on the station on Wednesday because (get this) the PFT Grand Poobah does a weekly segment with Mike Dempsey and former Jaguars linebacker Tom McManus.

Unbelievable.

Kudos to Dempsey and McManus for standing their ground on this one. Really, who's Pasquarelli to try to dictate what guests any radio station is going to use?

And it's obvious that, for Len to allow himself to come off looking like a complete and total weenie, his abject hatred for us must be as deep and profound as his buttocks.

So let that be a warning to any other station out there that has allowed us to infect their airwaves -- if you do business with PFT, you'll end up on the Pastabelli pooplist.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#12
HULA BOWL DANCES TO NEW NETWORK

As it turns out, not everyone with a connection to ESPN hates us. In addition to the guys at ESPN 1460 in Jacksonville, the executive director of the Hula Bowl, Joe Don Rogers, has advised us that the game will move from ESPN2 to ESPN in 2007. The Hula Bowl will be played at Aloha Stadium on January 14.

We ordinarily wouldn't publicize something like this, but Rogers has told us that if the change appears on PFT "everyone will get it faster than the wire."

Of course, if you ever tell anyone that you learned about the new broadcast home of the Hula Bowl on Profootballtalk.com, Len Pasquarelli will come over to your house and eat all of your pineapples.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#13
Pastabelly has let the shiitt go to his head.

That dude is a moron.

I have never liked him or Nick Canepa.....and Salisbury.....they all suck balls.
 

sdchrger

Well-Known Member
#14
Good job on the Podcast last night guys.:tup:

Ray I do have to give you grief for telling the Raider fan that we would have most likely traded away Rivers this offseason if Brees hadn't gotten hurt. :no:
 

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
#15
sdchrger said:
Good job on the Podcast last night guys.:tup:

Ray I do have to give you grief for telling the Raider fan that we would have most likely traded away Rivers this offseason if Brees hadn't gotten hurt. :no:
Thanks sdchrger. I said that only because that's what we were hearing towards the end of last season. Rivers express that he wanted to start somewhere this year either here or elsewhere, and if Brees never got hurt, there's a 50/50 chance that he may still be here. But it's all over and I truly believe that Rivers will take us further than Drew did.
 

sdchrger

Well-Known Member
#16
ChargerRay said:
Thanks sdchrger. I said that only because that's what we were hearing towards the end of last season. Rivers express that he wanted to start somewhere this year either here or elsewhere, and if Brees never got hurt, there's a 50/50 chance that he may still be here. But it's all over and I truly believe that Rivers will take us further than Drew did.
Just giving you a hard time. I just wish I could have stayed up for it live.

It's all about the spin. You gotta say that everyone saw Rivers' greatness even while he was on the bench. That way we all look like geniuses when he becomes a star. :icon_banana:
 

wrbanwal

Well-Known Member
#17
ChargerRay said:
This is our 1st live broadcast on TPSRadio.net. In the weeks show, Ray and Loren talk Chargers training camp, and share player observations from fans that attended. We also have the latest Chargers and NFL news, Chargers Trivia, and Frappr Shout Outs.

Listen to us live every Tuesday Night from 9PM to 10PM PST on TPSRadio.net!
It’s a new month, and you can show you support of the show by voting for us on Podcast Alley!

Chargers Theme Song Courtesy of the San Diego Chargers

Download the Show

how about showing the EST brothers some love and do your podcast around 8 or 9 (est) a coupla times!!??

:tup:
 

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
#19
wrbanwal said:
how about showing the EST brothers some love and do your podcast around 8 or 9 (est) a coupla times!!??

:tup:
I wish we could. But our alloted time slot is currently at 9PM on TPS Radio. Plus I got kids to put to bed by 8:30 PM. Sorry guys. :icon_sad:
 
#20
I love the new radio format a little better than the old Podcast one because It has a little bit more emotion in it and I love it because when it comes to our loved Bolts we need a lot of emotion (electricity) that we all can feel. Great job anteater for the NFL news section I love your take on things. Let Trumpet Man be a permanent voice on the radio show because of one he gives us all the fans perspective on the Chargers and also the working mans perspective on the Chargers and also did an Electrifying job so please keep him on I beg you. It would be Charger Ray as the Host, Anteater will give us the news and Trumpet Man as the voice of the fan.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#21
turbo_turtle said:
I love the new radio format a little better than the old Podcast one because It has a little bit more emotion in it and I love it because when it comes to our loved Bolts we need a lot of emotion (electricity) that we all can feel. Great job anteater for the NFL news section I love your take on things. Let Trumpet Man be a permanent voice on the radio show because of one he gives us all the fans perspective on the Chargers and also the working mans perspective on the Chargers and also did an Electrifying job so please keep him on I beg you. It would be Charger Ray as the Host, Anteater will give us the news and Trumpet Man as the voice of the fan.
:icon_mrgreen: - Just so long as I am not subjected to the Rules of the NFL's testing policies for banned substances - it is all good. :lol: :tup:
 
#22
Trumpet_Man said:
:icon_mrgreen: - Just so long as I am not subjected to the Rules of the NFL's testing policies for banned substances - it is all good. :lol: :tup:
If there is tests done it would find out there is just electricity in the blood not stinking Steroids so the testing would only come up as being charged not juiced. Trumpet Man you are clean you have clearance to blow the trumpet at an official NFL licensed San Diego Charger Game any time you want to pump up the crowd in a tailgate and in the game with all the electricity that is in your veins to give them 50,000 watts of your trumpet sound. Please beg the Hosts and I beg them of the Bolttalk Radiocast show to put you as a permanent fixture because in Podcast # 50 you just rocked and that is why I wanted you to be a permanent fixture as the every persons fans fan. Trumpet Man you also brought the true Charger spirit (emotion) that was a little missing in past Podcasts. Sorry Charger Ray and Anteater.
 

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
#23
turbo_turtle said:
If there is tests done it would find out there is just electricity in the blood not stinking Steroids so the testing would only come up as being charged not juiced. Trumpet Man you are clean you have clearance to blow the trumpet at an official NFL licensed San Diego Charger Game any time you want to pump up the crowd in a tailgate and in the game with all the electricity that is in your veins to give them 50,000 watts of your trumpet sound. Please beg the Hosts and I beg them of the Bolttalk Radiocast show to put you as a permanent fixture because in Podcast # 50 you just rocked and that is why I wanted you to be a permanent fixture as the every persons fans fan. Trumpet Man you also brought the true Charger spirit (emotion) that was a little missing in past Podcasts. Sorry Charger Ray and Anteater.
Good suggestions Turbo Turtle. TM is always welcome on the show, and is a permanent fixture here at BotlTalk. Also since we are live every Tuesday nights, all of the Charger fans can call in and be part of the show. So Trumpet Man, what do you think about a Trumpet Man segment, where you can give some tail gate news, and pump up the fans for the upcoming game? Hope to see everyone in the Chat Room tomorrow night!
 
#24
ChargerRay said:
Good suggestions Turbo Turtle. TM is always welcome on the show, and is a permanent fixture here at BotlTalk. Also since we are live every Tuesday nights, all of the Charger fans can call in and be part of the show. So Trumpet Man, what do you think about a Trumpet Man segment, where you can give some tail gate news, and pump up the fans for the upcoming game? Hope to see everyone in the Chat Room tomorrow night!
You hit nail squarely on the head. Trumpet man can rally the troop (fans) to a frenzy to help our chargers win the next home games at the Q and also the fans that will attend away games. The working mans fan is Trumpet man and has that personallity to go with it. I know that it is just my opinion and All. Both you and Anteater do an excellent job as the tag champs of the radio waves because of the biased fans that it takes to be part of the BOLTTALK experience. I have been listening since the begining of the podcasts and when you had Loren come aboard the ship to give his take on things it got you over the first hump of success and made it a whole lot more enjoyable no offence to the podcast before Loren. In Podcast #50 to me got you guys to the next level of news and entertianment about our beloved Chargers to launch the actual Radio cast which yet again is my opinion is going to make Bolttalk radio cast one of the best sports cast on the internet period.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#25
turbo_turtle said:
You hit nail squarely on the head. Trumpet man can rally the troop (fans) to a frenzy to help our chargers win the next home games at the Q and also the fans that will attend away games. The working mans fan is Trumpet man and has that personallity to go with it. I know that it is just my opinion and All. Both you and Anteater do an excellent job as the tag champs of the radio waves because of the biased fans that it takes to be part of the BOLTTALK experience. I have been listening since the begining of the podcasts and when you had Loren come aboard the ship to give his take on things it got you over the first hump of success and made it a whole lot more enjoyable no offence to the podcast before Loren. In Podcast #50 to me got you guys to the next level of news and entertianment about our beloved Chargers to launch the actual Radio cast which yet again is my opinion is going to make Bolttalk radio cast one of the best sports cast on the internet period.
Sup Turbo-Turtle -

I just got off the phone a while ago with Charger Ray.

I have agreed in principle to an incentive laden contract and everything is tied to the Podcasts 8th place showing. We want numba one status G.I. :icon_mrgreen:

These incentives fall under the category of likely to be earned incentives (LTBE) for salary cap purposes. :)
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#26
turbo_turtle said:
I love the new radio format a little better than the old Podcast one because It has a little bit more emotion in it and I love it because when it comes to our loved Bolts we need a lot of emotion (electricity) that we all can feel. Great job anteater for the NFL news section I love your take on things. Let Trumpet Man be a permanent voice on the radio show because of one he gives us all the fans perspective on the Chargers and also the working mans perspective on the Chargers and also did an Electrifying job so please keep him on I beg you. It would be Charger Ray as the Host, Anteater will give us the news and Trumpet Man as the voice of the fan.


FOLLOW ME TO THE PROMISED LAND!!! :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana:
 
#27
Trumpet_Man said:


FOLLOW ME TO THE PROMISED LAND!!! :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana:
You are preaching to the chior and it will be the greatest in my opinion internet sports radio talk show that the internet has.

I would like a very small percentage of the royalties you recieve as your super stardom in Hollywood sets in. I did give you the nod as an addition to the show so please give me something it will be much appreciated.:lol:
 

Top