Boltheads! What is your impression of our team thus far.

  • Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
56,322
3,757
350
OK, what is your impression of the Chargers so far this preseason? I think that we have a lot to be hopeful and happy about.

What is your take on the team?
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
56,322
3,757
350
Ride The Lightning said:
1 word: Inconsistent.

Dominating at times, horrible at others.
True, is part of that due to preseason, and the team not being on the field at the same time?
 

Critter

BoltTalker
Aug 21, 2006
619
21
130
51
I like everything except the damn penalties.

Run blocking the last two games has been excellent.
 

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
Aug 15, 2006
10,732
1,290
350
46
Chula Vista, CA
www.oceandivide.info
I don't even take the backups backups into consideration when evaluating, since most of them will be cut anyways. I pay attention to the first half, to the starters, their backups, and let me tell you this: Although I have great confidence in PR, we have a very, VERY good chance of sucking ass this year.

But we could also win the whole damn thing. Inconsistency.
 

compubolt

BoltTalker
Aug 27, 2005
823
178
180
I think Clinton Hart has been a huge disappointment this season, he looked out of place a few times and just did not step up like i thought he would......
 

Critter

BoltTalker
Aug 21, 2006
619
21
130
51
I try and be a positive guy.

If I expect perfection I am bound to be disappointed.

There obviously could be some improvement.

Pass blocking, return game.

I just watched Hardwick whiff on picking up Winstrom on a stunt that allowed a sack.

But overall, like I already stated, I am happy. Hopefully everything gels when the regular season starts.
 

compubolt

BoltTalker
Aug 27, 2005
823
178
180
I was serverly disappointed with Trumpet Man, he hseems to have lost a note, as he gets older the sound is not as clean. The consistancy that folks grew to expect from him has servrly fallen off. I am hoping that the bolts might be able to trade him for a first day fan draft pick.
 

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
Aug 15, 2006
10,732
1,290
350
46
Chula Vista, CA
www.oceandivide.info
compubolt said:
I was serverly disappointed with Trumpet Man, he hseems to have lost a note, as he gets older the sound is not as clean. The consistancy that folks grew to expect from him has servrly fallen off. I am hoping that the bolts might be able to trade him for a first day fan draft pick.
Saints board says he's only as good as a fourth.


:lol:
 

rexy2006

Well-Known Member
Dec 17, 2005
10,218
1,794
350
San Diego
compubolt said:
I was serverly disappointed with Trumpet Man, he hseems to have lost a note, as he gets older the sound is not as clean. The consistancy that folks grew to expect from him has servrly fallen off. I am hoping that the bolts might be able to trade him for a first day fan draft pick.
Are you dwinking again???
 

Thunderstruck

BoltTalker
Aug 16, 2006
1,938
268
240
48
My impression is that we may be on the verge of having a dominating defense...the kind of defense that regularly holds opposing offenses under 17 points and is capable of completely stifling an offense on any given Sunday.

I don't know what to think on offense. We look awesome except at the two most important positions--quarterback and OLT. I think our offense may end up resembling the '02 offense the year we went 8-8, but skill-position players and the defense will be better which will be enough to put us into postseason.
 

compubolt

BoltTalker
Aug 27, 2005
823
178
180
rexy2006 said:
OH SNAP! Comp called out the teacher. WELL? ARE YOU???
naw, I am working right now, on a con call with non english speaking It folks, I just wait to hear my name then listen, other then that I am watching the padres game and posting on here.
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
18,917
1,827
350
San Diego, CA
Thunderstruck said:
My impression is that we may be on the verge of having a dominating defense...the kind of defense that regularly holds opposing offenses under 17 points and is capable of completely stifling an offense on any given Sunday.

I don't know what to think on offense. We look awesome except at the two most important positions--quarterback and OLT. I think our offense may end up resembling the '02 offense the year we went 8-8, but skill-position players and the defense will be better which will be enough to put us into postseason.
I think the defense and those skill positions at the so important TE and RB will help carry us. I think that teh Bears in 01 or the Panthers in 03 would be better role-models to follow
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
Sep 1, 2005
8,654
807
350
49
www.boltsplanet.com
PostAnteaterCharger said:
I think the defense and those skill positions at the so important TE and RB will help carry us. I think that teh Bears in 01 or the Panthers in 03 would be better role-models to follow
I'd rather follow the 2000 Ravens model, if we're going defense-dominant. :icon_mrgreen:
 

TJBOLT

Well-Known Member
Jul 31, 2006
310
18
110
WonderSlug said:
I'd rather follow the 2000 Ravens model, if we're going defense-dominant. :icon_mrgreen:

we need a better return game if we are to fallow the 2000 Ravens
 

goboilers

BoltTalker
Jun 29, 2006
1,059
39
180
40
Trumpet_Man said:
:icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil: - I hope you end up working in a 7-11 :icon_evil:
yeah then I will spit in ur slushie and talk to u in my best "appu" voice... :lol:
 

SanDiegoRon

BoltTalker
Jan 13, 2006
1,973
317
240
. Chargers line in shambles
. Ace Parking Sucks
. Feeley Released
. Odds thart Edwards go to the Saints just shrank BIG time
. LT has more TDs than all our QBs
. Oben on PUP

:icon_eek:


:icon_rofl:
 

glutton4Bolts

BoltTalker
Aug 27, 2006
229
14
100
44
Concudan said:
OK, what is your impression of the Chargers so far this preseason? I think that we have a lot to be hopeful and happy about.

What is your take on the team?
Using the preseason to get the kinks out.... Defense is dominating. OL looks a bit shaky.... LT and Gates playing barely if any (the former).... Looks like 13-3 to me!