• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bolt Jolt etc. time to eat some crow

goboilers said:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt
Placed some bets today

Michigan -13.5 @ HOME vs Wisconsin
Louisville -13.5 @ Kansas st
Texas - 24.5 @ home vs Iowa st --- Iowa St. isnt that bad of a team :no:
Falcons -3.5 vs Saints --- Homer in me says no. Gambler in me says that Saints play ATL tough no matter what and ATL has been winning despite of Vick rather than bec. of him. Vick looks horrible.
Jacksonville +7 vs Colts

On a teaser i have:

Minnesota +3 @ Purdue -- Bad Bet. Yes, its a bit of homer in me but that bet makes no sense. Purdue isnt going to lose to Minny. They have nothing. No Maroney...
Ohio st @ home vs Penn st -11 --- R u sure its only -11?? bec. Penn could trust me put up some pts and play D. They are a very talented team and it is the big 10.
Alabama Birmingham -4 @ home vs Miss st
Jacksonville +11
Falcons +2
Boltjolt said:
The homer in you is indeed a funny thing to read on these forums i have to admit :lol:

Now lets face some facts here:

The Saints are not that good a team and have won two games against bad teams. Atlanta is not a bad team and should win this game easily.....even with the hype surrounding the dome reopening. Yeah, Vick the passer doesnt scare anybody but he has a better rating than Brees does :icon_eek:
And is averaging 87 yards rushing a game so far.

You could say that the Chargers have played two bad teams as well and you would be right, but the difference is that the Chargers didnt struggle against those bad teams while the Saints did.

As for Minnesota.......they have a good offense and so does Purdue but Purdue beat crappy teams.
You say Minnesota has nothing, but i see a better team with a better defense. Purdue's defense is ranked 104 out of the 119 division 1 teams while Minnesota is 58. Purdue's defense on average thru 3 games gives up 30+ points a game to cream puffs.
I love the homer in me :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_party: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

BJ, maybe I am not the homer but u r the hater :yes: :icon_mrgreen:

BFISA

goboilers said:
I love the homer in me :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_party: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

There'll be some sorta spin-they'll refuseta believe their lyin eyes!! :icon_mrgreen: :lol: :icon_rofl:

boltssbbound

goboilers said:

Believe it or not, they have message boards that focus on Purdue Boilermaker football. But I can understand why you'd prefer to talk about Purdue on a Chargers' message board. :icon_huh:

Looking at the Saints' remaining schedule, Drew Brees should be concerned for his life. I'd be surprised if NO goes 8-8.

Thread_Killer

boltssbbound said:
Believe it or not, they have message boards that focus on Purdue Boilermaker football. But I can understand why you'd prefer to talk about Purdue on a Chargers' message board. :icon_huh:

Looking at the Saints' remaining schedule, Drew Brees should be concerned for his life. I'd be surprised if NO goes 8-8.
I'm calling 3-10 the rest of the way.

That doesn't make me a Brees Hater; that schedule is brutal, maybe the toughest in the entire NFL.

Buttmunch

goboilers said:

ND is going to kick Turdue's arse. :tup:

By the way, I was happy to see DB do well. Although he did have a couple of batted passed. Oh well, you can't be perfect.

BFISA

Buttmunch said:
ND is going to kick Turdue's arse. :tup:

By the way, I was happy to see DB do well. Although he did have a couple of batted passed. Oh well, you can't be perfect.
Some here expect it!!:yes: :lol:

WonderSlug

leisure said:
Bolt Jolt also said Carson Palmer was not going to be very good a few years ago
I would temper that a little.

Even though the Bengals beat the Steelers, Palmer still threw 2 INTs and fumbled the ball three times, losing one of them. Plus he only passed for 193 yards.

That's not a stellar performance, even with 4 TD passes to try to even it out.

Once Palmer can regularly put up Peyton Manning numbers like 300 yards passing, 4 TD, 0 INT, and 0 fumbles, pretty much every game, then I'll bow to his greatness.

exodus

well, they get to play tampa twice, and the panthers are playing way below expectations. A couple lucky breaks and they could win their division.:icon_shrug:

O'reilly

WonderSlug said:
I would temper that a little.

Even though the Bengals beat the Steelers, Palmer still threw 2 INTs and fumbled the ball three times, losing one of them. Plus he only passed for 193 yards.

That's not a stellar performance, even with 4 TD passes to try to even it out.

Once Palmer can regularly put up Peyton Manning numbers like 300 yards passing, 4 TD, 0 INT, and 0 fumbles, pretty much every game, then I'll bow to his greatness.
Palmer will win a Championship before Paid-a-ton or shEli ever will....
After Brady, the QB I start a team with is Palmer...dude is the next great QB in this League...
Another guy the so called "Experts" said would "never be ready to start the season"...:lol: