• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bingham tabbed most improved

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #BoatUp #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
#1
http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/bingham-tabbed-most.htm

Chargers Head Coach Marty Schottenheimer regularly challenges his players to evaluate their priorities and suggests that football not be at the top of their list. The top of their list should be God, family and then football. In his second training camp last summer, defensive tackle Ryon Bingham had no problem heeding the coach’s advice.

“My wife gave birth to our first child about a week into camp last year,” Bingham said. “For a while, football was kind of in the back of my mind. I was focused on my family. The timing of Kayla’s arrival made things tough last summer.”

With his mind in two different places, Bingham wasn’t able to put together the kind of training camp that he’d hoped for and landed on the Chargers’ practice squad.
 

MadMike

Well-Known Member
#2
He needed to be because besides QB, we have the worst depth at that position. If J-Ball goes out hurt, Bingham has got to be able to step in and play well.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#3
MadMike said:
He needed to be because besides QB, we have the worst depth at that position. If J-Ball goes out hurt, Bingham has got to be able to step in and play well.
If Bingham truly has improved significantly, I would hope they could rotate Jamal with him, especially in the second half.

That would prevent Jamal from wearing down in the 4th quarter, like I saw happen in some games last season.
 
#6
Good. Bingham looked like a solid prospect as a rookie and then just sort of vanished. Nice to see he's reestablished himself. It would be a HUGE help if he can spell Jamal for 15-20 plays per game.
 
#7
It is nice to hopefully have a decent backup to Jamal.

I haven't really paid attention to him this preseason.

That might have to change.:yes:
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#8
Critter said:
It is nice to hopefully have a decent backup to Jamal.

I haven't really paid attention to him this preseason.

That might have to change.:yes:
He had a pretty decent second half in the Seattle game.

He actually got some push up the middle, and combined with Dobbins on a tackle-for-loss of the ballcarrier.
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#9
MtlBoltsFan said:
Yah guess Smith and McKinney are battling for a practice squad spot
One of them could still make the squad. They could carry 6 D linemen--Jamal, Igor, Castillo, Bingham, Cesaire and Smith/McKinney.

Did I forget somebody? Or do you think there's no way we'll carry 6 DLs?
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#10
boltssbbound said:
One of them could still make the squad. They could carry 6 D linemen--Jamal, Igor, Castillo, Bingham, Cesaire and Smith/McKinney.

Did I forget somebody? Or do you think there's no way we'll carry 6 DLs?
Reif came up with a 53 man roster that included 7 DL:

Jamal Williams
Luis Castillo
Igor Olshansky
Ryon Bingham
Derreck Robinson
Jacques Cesaire
Brandon McKinney / Alvin Smith
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#11
Thunderstruck said:
Good. Bingham looked like a solid prospect as a rookie and then just sort of vanished. Nice to see he's reestablished himself. It would be a HUGE help if he can spell Jamal for 15-20 plays per game.
Bingham looked real good before he tore his tit muscle and may be a critical key to the season......
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#12
Trumpet_Man said:
Bingham looked real good before he tore his tit muscle and may be a critical key to the season......
Leisure seems to have a man boob obsession (see his McNeill comments from the combine). Perhaps he could give Bingham a tit check and report back to the rest of us. That is, when he comes out of the coma.
 

Top