Bengals' Thurman suspended for four games

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

O'reilly

Aug 29, 2005
Bengals' Thurman suspended for four games

NFL.com wire reports

CINCINNATI (July 26, 2006) -- Bengals middle linebacker Odell Thurman has been suspended for the first four games of the season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policies.

Thurman became the team's starting middle linebacker as a rookie last season, when the Bengals made their first playoff appearance since 1990. Thurman was excused from the team's minicamp last month for personal reasons.

"It's very disappointing to us that Odell has this misconduct with league policies," coach Marvin Lewis said. "I am very disappointed. It's something that he needs to get in line in his life."

Thurman, 23, a second-round pick from Georgia, had 1½ sacks and led the team in tackles in nine games last season.

Thurman's suspension is the latest embarrassment for a team that has had four other players arrested in recent months.
---------------------------
Sorry L...:(

Reactions: Shamrock

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
leisure said:
where have you been in a frucking Cave? :icon_rofl:
Yours truly will be interviewed tonight for the PodCast. I will make sure to tell you to kissmyasss. :lol:

rexy2006

Dec 17, 2005
San Diego
They just showed that there have been FOUR arrests of Bengal players in the offseason on ESPN News. Holy crap!

And it wasnt this Thurman dude...

Poor saps...

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
leisure said:
:icon_rofl:

Why the hell would they interview you? You don't know shit about my beloved Bolts....are you going to be drunk during the interview?
Screw u. I have forgotten more than you know about MY Bolts.

I am your daddy the prophet. :yes: :icon_banana:

There are no NFL drug testing requirements to be interviewed so who cares if I pull a Joe Namath ? :icon_shrug:

Hmmm ? :icon_huh:

You did not mind my interview with Philly Billy last year which got cut off in mid stroke and I was stone cold sober on the road driving.

You will learn to worship the corn out of my shiat. :icon_banana:

rexy2006

Dec 17, 2005
San Diego
leisure said:
Be nice I love the Bengals :icon_evil:
Is this not a pity party? :icon_sad:

I was just joining in...:yes:

Rucker, Nicholson, Henry, Askew are the perps...

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
leisure said:
I love Joe Namath and honestly at the time I wanted to bone Suzi also :icon_mrgreen:
Namath is such a pussss for checking into rehab - again. :icon_eek:

Dude is all about the stanky finger and rolling thru the crib.

O'reilly

Aug 29, 2005
leisure said:
I love Joe Namath and honestly at the time I wanted to bone Suzi also :icon_mrgreen:
You always did like Lesbians...you are Howard Stern Jr. :icon_rofl:

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Shamrock said:
Odell Thurman was denied re-instatement to the NFL by Commish Goodell. - Bengals.com
During the spring, Thurman had been allegedly involved in an asault at a party in his hometown of Monticello, Ga., but police weren't called at the time and no charges were filed.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello cited the privacy provisions of the substance abuse policy when he gave a no comment on what reasons commissioner Roger Goodell may have had for denying Thurman.
That appears the reason why. He didn't keep out of trouble, or at least, far away from it, this offseason.