bad practice?

  • Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
Sep 1, 2005
8,654
807
350
49
www.boltsplanet.com
I'll wait until gameday.

There are plenty of examples where teams have had bad practices during the week, only to go out and execute to near perfection on gameday.

Plus, this article was from the San Francisco Chronicle.
 

in_a_days

dgaf
Sep 8, 2006
7,733
966
350
vegas
I totally would not sweat this story... I think Marty is just trying to ensure that we don't repeat our long history of starting strong then falling apart. We're playing a very poor football team on Sunday but they are still a pro football team and Marty just wants to make sure the boys don't lose focus. Your money is safe...
 

PhilipRivers#1

BoltTalker
Mar 14, 2006
1,134
440
210
sdrocks said:
Does McNeil have fragile bones or what?
Seriously, maybe he needs to drink more milk.

I think its great that Marty is getting on the teams azz like that.

I have a feeling the team was just lollygagging around after their big win and going through the motions.

Props to Marty for that !! :icon_banana:
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
WonderSlug said:
I'll wait until gameday.

There are plenty of examples where teams have had bad practices during the week, only to go out and execute to near perfection on gameday.

Plus, this article was from the San Francisco Chronicle.
I agree...thats Marty tryinta keep the team focused and not looking ahead. This may be the biggest task yet.
 

darkcharger

BoltTalker
Sep 22, 2006
35
4
70
47
While I am not happy to hear any news that the Chargers are either slacking it or just plain having a bad practice; let's consider the source here. This is an SF based media so take the report with potential bias of a local paper. I mean, what else can they report on?

Hopefully, if there is any lack of effort, Marty will get them motivated by reminding them how important it is to take care of business each and every week.
 

The Admiral

BoltTalker
Aug 31, 2006
92
14
80
40
its good to hear Marty getting pissed
the man needs to be angry,this could be his final year !

Marty needs to do what ever he needs to do, to motivate this team and including benching some starters

if they are half assin it on the field!!
its a good week to bench them

9ers suck
easy win even with our backups
but the players got to play
so put those that are the most hungry at this time
 

The Admiral

BoltTalker
Aug 31, 2006
92
14
80
40
""Mount Marty erupted, hurling profanities over the assembled San Diego Chargers.
Coach Marty Schottenheimer was steamed about his team's practice and he let his players have it during a spirited dressing-down Wednesday.
""


Man i hope i get to see some video coverage or pic of this !!:tup:
 

The Admiral

BoltTalker
Aug 31, 2006
92
14
80
40
BRING THE FIRE MARTY !!!!

Ill support you if you go down fighting
unlike Riley ...all smiles and ass patting, but never once did i see fire in Rileys eyes....




gooooo to the dark side MARTY




:icon_banana:
 
  • Like
Reactions: exodus

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
Jun 16, 2006
7,003
735
350
42
darkcharger said:
While I am not happy to hear any news that the Chargers are either slacking it or just plain having a bad practice; let's consider the source here. This is an SF based media so take the report with potential bias of a local paper. I mean, what else can they report on?

Hopefully, if there is any lack of effort, Marty will get them motivated by reminding them how important it is to take care of business each and every week.
The AP originally reported the story. It was Wednesday's practice and Marty downplayed it afterwards.
 
M

matilack

Guest
MasterOfPuppets said:
was it necesary to remind us of the "dark years" ? :icon_evil: :icon_mrgreen:
No kidding, what the hell is wrong with you admiral? you ruined my whole day just by posting that picture. I hope your happy...ass:no:
 

The Admiral

BoltTalker
Aug 31, 2006
92
14
80
40
People it happened...........
it pains me to see it too, believe me.
beer couldnt erase those memories and the lord knows ive tried
But those that dont remember the past are doomed to repeat it !

just look at Mike and "him"
both big ol' sht eatin' grins at how bad they both are

Marty needs to go to the dark side and embrace, anger within
years of missed opportunitys, no SB rings and now he has a shot,
and the man shouldnt let his shot slip away due to complacency

i want to see Marty so pissed off he urinates down his leg and just doesnt give a dam because he is busy chewin ass of someone that lowered a sholder when he should have wraped the other guy up

Go Chargers:bolt:
 
M

matilack

Guest
Now thats more like it, Marty needs to change a bit, adapt to todays game. I like that hes getting after them.
 

cranberry

BoltTalker
Oct 3, 2006
2,980
194
270
61
Gross Gerau, Germany, Frankfurt area
darkcharger said:
While I am not happy to hear any news that the Chargers are either slacking it or just plain having a bad practice; let's consider the source here. This is an SF based media so take the report with potential bias of a local paper. I mean, what else can they report on?

Hopefully, if there is any lack of effort, Marty will get them motivated by reminding them how important it is to take care of business each and every week.
You're absolutely right it seems to me more bad media hype
than bad practice. One can be angry with Marty's play selection
but he is surely good in motivate the players in "the old fashioned way" by shouting at them and let them feel the pain physically.
 

in_a_days

dgaf
Sep 8, 2006
7,733
966
350
vegas
The Admiral said:
i want to see Marty so pissed off he urinates down his leg and just doesnt give a dam because he is busy chewin ass of someone that lowered a sholder when he should have wraped the other guy up

Go Chargers:bolt:
While I share your sentiment I don't think I ever want to see Marty urinate...
 

bigcarson50

Well-Known Member
Sep 21, 2006
693
54
150
The Admiral said:
i want to see Marty so pissed off he urinates down his leg and just doesnt give a dam because he is busy chewin ass of someone that lowered a sholder when he should have wraped the other guy up

Go Chargers:bolt:
The thing is you wouldn't know if it was cause he was pissed off or if he was just getting too old and had bladder control problems.
 

The Admiral

BoltTalker
Aug 31, 2006
92
14
80
40
in_a_days said:
While I share your sentiment I don't think I ever want to see Marty urinate...

Marty must mark his territory

or at least make a mark in the NFL that will last
 

The Admiral

BoltTalker
Aug 31, 2006
92
14
80
40
bigcarson50 said:
The thing is you wouldn't know if it was cause he was pissed off or if he was just getting too old and had bladder control problems.
i see a marketing strategy formulating:lol: