Anyone going to night practice Thurday?

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
Thursday 8/3/06 practice is at 7pm. Anyone going? I'm thinking about trying to make it, but it depends on what time I get out of work.

Who else is going to be there?

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Thumper said:
Thursday 8/3/06 practice is at 7pm. Anyone going? I'm thinking about trying to make it, but it depends on what time I get out of work.

Who else is going to be there?
I might be able to go. Depends on my schedule. The traffic on I-15 won't be as bad at night.

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
I got this from a user named "obietrice" on GlorifyThePast:

http://www.glorifythepast.com/forums/san-diego-chargers-nfl-discussion/12196-8-3-report.html#post143887

obietrice said:
i went to tonights practice. some quick notes

* jackson looks like a LB and he juked cromartie out of his socks on one route and caught the ball

* cromartie is HUGE. he did great covering receivers not named jackson. he was especially impressive on the deep balls

* hart intercepted rivers near the end zone

* rivers is extremely accurate and he will take what the defense gives him (few times he would start running or he would dump off to neal/one of the rbs)

* marques harris and brandon manumaleuna were going at it good. they got into 2 tussles. either they dont like eachother or theyre just really competitive. after one play, brandon grabed harris' facemask and then they got into it and had to be broken up. i like brandon's attitude, although he got CLOBBERED by kiel on one play and ended up dropping the ball

* aj feely sucks

* igor schooled dielman and then let him know about it.

* castillo just totally owned goff on one play and juked him right out of his socks

* mccardell is as steady as you get. caught everything

* florence was probably the most impressive CB tonight, although i personally was really impressed with cromartie. jammer was solid too, but didnt make any plays that stuck out to me

* scifres is amazing

* tim dobbins and neal had some sick collisions. both are really physical players

* merriman didnt practice, but he was there coachin the other guys

* didnt see donnie at all and i looked for him too

* bingham showed surprising quickness. he also has the biggest arms on the team

* malcom floyd has some unreal hands. on one play he lost his balance and was falling down on an out pattern yet he somehow caught the ball. he's going to make this team and contribute if hes healthy. he looked better then osgood.

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
Donnie Edwards was drinking gatorade on the sideline when #56 Merriman spontaneously charged at his helmet. M.Schottenheimer thinks Donnie's career is over and gunshots could be heard from Texas moments after this was announced

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
Sounds like Bingham will beat out McKinney. Hopefully McKinney goes to the PS in his place. I don't know much about Bingham.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Chargers | Florence shines in Cromartie's absence
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:04:53 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers CB Drayton Florence had a great practice Wednesday, Aug. 2, while injured CB Antonio Cromartie (ankle) rested his tender ankle. Florence, trying to stave off Cromartie for the starting cornerback spot opposite CB Quentin Jammer, is having a good camp.

Chargers | Cromartie sits out practice
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:04:34 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers rookie CB Antonio Cromartie (ankle) missed practice Wednesday, Aug. 2, resting his sore ankle.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Chargers | Floyd the favorite to be No. 5 WR
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:02:45 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers WR Malcom Floyd is the favorite to be the team's No. 5 wide receiver. When WR Rashaun Woods was released Monday, July 31, it gave Floyd some security and a greater hope. He is still not in a spot where he can feel too good, even if he feels better than he ever has in training camp. He was on the roster the final four weeks of last season but was inactive each game. He is not eligible to go back on the practice squad.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Chargers | Edwards remains sidelined
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:02:27 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers LB Donnie Edwards (back) remained sidelined Wednesday, Aug. 2. He missed both team practices. Head coach Marty Schottenheimer said Edwards is getting better.

Chargers | Merriman injury update
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:51:47 -0700

Associated Press reports San Diego Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer believes OLB Shawne Merriman (hamstring) will miss much action due to a hamstring injury.
Chargers | Merriman remains sidelined
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:01:33 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers LB Shawne Merriman (hamstring) sat out both practices Wednesday, Aug. 2, nursing a hamstring that began to bother him Monday, July 31.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Chargers | Jue missed one practice
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:01:13 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers S Bhawoh Jue (knee) missed the morning practice Wednesday, Aug. 2, but returned in the afternoon.

Chargers | Cooper missed one practice
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:00:52 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers LB Stephen Cooper (hamstring) missed afternoon practice Wednesday, Aug. 2.

Chargers | Parker missed one practice
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 14:59:57 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers WR Eric Parker (ankle) missed afternoon practice Wednesday, Aug. 2.

Chargers | Cooper missed one practice
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 14:59:38 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers LB Randall Godfrey (veteran rest) missed afternoon practice Wednesday, Aug. 2.

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Crap. Well, we know what Merriman can do pretty much already.

As long as he can return for at least the final preseason game or two and be ready for the MNF opener.

Yeah, looks like Floyd will be on the active roster finally, and Camarillo to the PS for another year.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
WonderSlug said:
Crap. Well, we know what Merriman can do pretty much already.

As long as he can return for at least the final preseason game or two and be ready for the MNF opener.

Yeah, looks like Floyd will be on the active roster finally, and Camarillo to the PS for another year.
The Chargers should play the rooks after the first series until they die..........