Anyone for Fantasy Baseball? - The OFFICIAL BOLTTALK FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD!

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LT-Express

Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06'
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 4, 2006
CIncinnati, OH
I have met some of you in here and was wanting to put together a fantasy baseball league with you guys (and gals) since we do fantasy football, college basketball tourney etc...Thought it would be fun for some of us to get together to help pass the time till the season starts. Please post here if you are interested and I will create a league!

Boltdiehard

Jan 5, 2006
Anyone for Fantasy Baseball?

IMO fantasy baseball is so much tougher than fantasy football just because it has to be managed on a daily basis. I play in a league with a bunch of PHD's from Cal and they have crazy stats in that shit. Last year I entered my stepson who is at Chico State and is a total math wizard and he won the league. Those dudes were pissed. :lol:

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
Anyone for Fantasy Baseball?

The Champ said:
so does that mean your in? :lol:
Champ, you've been officially elected to run this league. You can set up a private fantasy baseball league in yahoo and post the league number and password here. Better get it going soon. I'm ready to join. Either that, or I'm on my way to clown college.

Boltdiehard

Jan 5, 2006
Yeah let's do it although I think this should be where more people can see it.

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
Boltdiehard said:
Yeah let's do it although I think this should be where more people can see it.
Trust me. As soon as The Champ creates the league, I'll pimp it so hard that people will be lining up to join. So Champ, lets get this thing started. As soon as you create the league, post the info so people can start joining. I might even be able to work out a prize or two for the winner. :tup:

HollywoodLeo

Mar 13, 2006
The password is lightsout

I got an error saying wrong password and played with "lights out" until I found it.

The PW is the same thing Champ said, except it's a lower case L at the beginning.

BoltsFanUK

Sep 12, 2006
Kettering England
The Champ said:
I have met some of you in here and was wanting to put together a fantasy baseball league with you guys (and gals) since we do fantasy football, college basketball tourney etc...Thought it would be fun for some of us to get together to help pass the time till the season starts. Please post here if you are interested and I will create a league!
is it a free baseball league??

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
BoltsFanUK said:
could we revise the draft time please so i can draft my team live??
Good question. Champ what do you think? Can you change the draft time to accomodate our distant Bolt Brothers? Or maybe do an auto draft instead of a live draft. This your creation, so it's completely up to you.

BoltsFanUK

Sep 12, 2006
Kettering England
Thumper said:
Good question. Champ what do you think? Can you change the draft time to accomodate our distant Bolt Brothers? Or maybe do an auto draft instead of a live draft. This your creation, so it's completely up to you.
on my other FBB league, they did the draft time at about 8pm UK time so about 12pm PST on a saturday

LT-Express

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 4, 2006
CIncinnati, OH
Well I will be up the latest I can change it to whatever time is best for everyone I am on vacation this week so I can do whatever time is good for all of you! I have never been a real big fan of auto pick and if you are working on a prize for the winner its probably best to draft our teams!

Boltdiehard

Jan 5, 2006
Saturdays at noon doesn't work for me but if I'm the only one I'll just auto pick. Not like it matters as I'm gonna kick all your asses anyways.

LT-Express

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 4, 2006
CIncinnati, OH
BoltsFanUK said:
on my other FBB league, they did the draft time at about 8pm UK time so about 12pm PST on a saturday
I cannot make Saturday boltsfanuk I am very sorry I will be on the road to pick up my girlfriend so Sunday is the best time for me but the time on Sunday can be later in the evening no problem just let me know what time you need and I will make a change

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
not here
I signed up... :icon_shrug: I may need some tutoring on my picks. Outside of the Padres and the Chicago teams, I don't really know much about the players...

I'm hoping Rexy, Toby and Tony will want to sign up for this league. Maybe Chiefsgal, Chippie, Kim, LG, or Sam....etc......... so I'm not the only one of the female persuasion...;)

LT-Express

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 4, 2006
CIncinnati, OH
Its cool Toby is a no go I already asked him but I will help ya out if ya need it, its all just some fun to help pass time till football!

rexy2006

Dec 17, 2005
San Diego
carrie1219 said:
I'm gonna sign up but I know soooo little about baseball. :icon_shrug:
I know alot about baseball, just never played Fantasy before.
Well, Fantasy Baseball anyways.

Trying to choose a team name.:icon_huh:

rexy2006

Dec 17, 2005
San Diego
The Champ said:
Its cool Toby is a no go I already asked him but I will help ya out if ya need it, its all just some fun to help pass time till football!
Not for me. I enjoy the baseball season as much as the football season. I have 20-game season tix and bought tix for around 15 more games. I might as well move downtown. I'm gonna be down there ALOT starting next Friday...

rexy2006

Dec 17, 2005
San Diego
carrie1219 said:
I signed up... :icon_shrug: I may need some tutoring on my picks. Outside of the Padres and the Chicago teams, I don't really know much about the players...

I'm hoping Rexy, Toby and Tony will want to sign up for this league. Maybe Chiefsgal, Chippie, Kim, LG, or Sam....etc......... so I'm not the only one of the female persuasion...;)
I'm in. Dont really know what Im doing, but Im in.

I hope Kim joins up. She can call hers "Kim's Foogin Dodger Clones" or something.

LT-Express

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 4, 2006
CIncinnati, OH
rexy2006 said:
Not for me. I enjoy the baseball season as much as the football season. I have 20-game season tix and bought tix for around 15 more games. I might as well move downtown. I'm gonna be down there ALOT starting next Friday...
oh trust me I am big on baseball I love it...I just thought some of the peeps in here that arent that big on it, it will help them to pass the time till football season! :icon_tease: