Anthony Lynn extended

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

captaind

Waka waka waka
Jul 12, 2007
Tennessee
The single biggest reason residents move from California is the same now as it's been for the last 80 years.

The high cost of living.

The single biggest reason any place is expensive to live? Everybody wants to live there.

Anyone who knows the slightest bit about real estate knows this: "Location, location, location."

(I'm sympathetic though: If I lived in Tennessee, I'd probably choose to believe any bullshit "explanation" too...as my kid asked: "Daddy, what's beachfront property?")
High cost of living is also driven by high taxes. We have no state income tax here.

No jealousy on my part, this state is booming. I went to two Titans games in Nashville this year and hardly recognized the place from just two years ago. Lot of famous people settling in Franklin just outside of town. It's the new place to be.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
I love California, but I wouldn’t live in la or sf even if I was given a mansion and cash.

California rocks but it does have its warts as well.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
High cost of living is also driven by high taxes. We have no state income tax here.

No jealousy on my part, this state is booming. I went to two Titans games in Nashville this year and hardly recognized the place from just two years ago. Lot of famous people settling in Franklin just outside of town. It's the new place to be.
I pay higher taxes for a higher quality of life. I like that trade-off. The U of California series of colleges costs a lot,
but it is unequaled anywhere in the U.S. and I'm heavily biased towards education. I personally used the UC system to
get a top level education I shouldn't have been able to afford, given my lower middle class beginnings.
I don't enjoy high taxes, but I gladly pay them to live in such a great place. Most populous state for a lot of reasons.

On one hand, I don't wanna rag on Tenn (it's pretty in the summer, my family came from there, and I could imagine living there if my income were somehow drastically lower)...but it gets a little tiresome sometimes, seeing folks on the internet--who don't understand CA at all--regurgitate dopey talking points
they've heard. Yes...it's expensive here. For the most obvious reason!! :D :D If I couldn't afford it, I'd move...not whine.

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
CA is both the size and geology and economy of a nation. They respect the climate, respect the ground and air. Yes, areas are very expensive, just like London or New York. But CA has a freedom enhancing mentality. No religious one state vibe, and it's progressive views to me mean, be what you wish, not what we wish you to be. Plus, other than the earthquakes, fires, mudslides,
and an occasional church, it's a nice area and great folks.
Plus, the weed is grown well and packaged nicely.
And LA needs fewer football teams.

Reactions: cocasts

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
Yeah, that's why famous people keep abandoning California to move here. Running away from your dumbass Democrat tax policies.

Nashville is one of the fastest growing cities in the country. And there's no shortage of women there, I can assure you.
My apologies for your predicament.

Some of us can afford taxes and choose to live where we WANT to, not HAVE to.

That applies to NFL players too.

captaind

Waka waka waka
Jul 12, 2007
Tennessee
My apologies for your predicament.

Some of us can afford taxes and choose to live where we WANT to, not HAVE to.

That applies to NFL players too.
I'm a CPA at one of the largest companies in the world. I can live wherever I like, thank you.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
I'm a CPA at one of the largest companies in the world. I can live wherever I like, thank you.
Congratulations. :) Sincerely. I love a good Red State success story as much as anyone.

(Of course, I also look forward to a day where that is true for more Red-Staters, so us more successful states don't need to keep subsidizing them!) :whistling:

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Ok I'm gonna try and bring this back "on topic" for all the hijackers who think their dicks are bigger than anyone elses. Anthony Lynn is such a shitty coach he would coach anywhere in the world. Coach for spanos in CA isn't really much different than coaching in an outhouse......mainly because spanos makes an outhouse out of whichever city he moves to. Anthony Lynn would coach in Siberia if given the opportunity and there were no other options. He was the last coach signed that year IIRC. There's a reason. He was desperate for any job. Andy Reid and Rat Shanahan Jr. got not only better deals $ wise but got to choose their own GM's. Can anyone in their weirdest most outrageous imagination think that Spanos would offer up anything like that to ANY coach? Never gonna happen when JohhnyBoyJr. has a lock for life and then in the afterlife on GM of the chuggers, the most dumbass franchise in sports.

captaind

Waka waka waka
Jul 12, 2007
Tennessee
Ok I'm gonna try and bring this back "on topic" for all the hijackers who think their dicks are bigger than anyone elses. Anthony Lynn is such a shitty coach he would coach anywhere in the world. Coach for spanos in CA isn't really much different than coaching in an outhouse......mainly because spanos makes an outhouse out of whichever city he moves to. Anthony Lynn would coach in Siberia if given the opportunity and there were no other options. He was the last coach signed that year IIRC. There's a reason. He was desperate for any job. Andy Reid and Rat Shanahan Jr. got not only better deals $ wise but got to choose their own GM's. Can anyone in their weirdest most outrageous imagination think that Spanos would offer up anything like that to ANY coach? Never gonna happen when JohhnyBoyJr. has a lock for life and then in the afterlife on GM of the chuggers, the most dumbass franchise in sports.
All I know is, if they go into this new stadium with Anthony Lynn and Tyrod Taylor, they are dumber than I ever wanted to believe.

Reactions: Gill Man

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Ok I'm gonna try and bring this back "on topic"...
Fair enough. While I did not post anything about my personal Pringles can (yet!), I do take this personally...
as in, yes, I was carelessly responding to posts in a thread...that should have been free of political crap. :unsure:
So I apologize.

p.s. What I know about Anthony Lynn is negligible...so I will not even post about him, in this appropriate thread.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
It’s gonna happen, even if they draft one of the rookie QBs, Lynn loves Tyrod.
I'll be following the “conversation” the team will have with Joey Bosa.
Lawrence is $105 million with $65 million guaranteed.
. Lawrence, Mack and Aaron Donald are the only three defensive players averaging more than $20 million per season.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Lawrence is $105 million with $65 million guaranteed.
. Lawrence, Mack and Aaron Donald are the only three defensive players averaging more than $20 million per season.
yeah that should be interesting ........I just cannot see Joey Bosa wanting to stay in that situation , not just because the spanii have no history of winning a Lombardi or even coming close to one, but because of the lack of support in LA for the chuggers that will not change just because they move to a larger venue. PLUS I"m sure he has vivid memories of how he was treated when signed as a rookie, and he sees his brother getting all the attention while he sits back , works his ass off, and has zip to show for it in terms of media coverage, exposure, endorsement potential etc etc. I think he's already decided he's gone.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
I just cannot see Joey Bosa wanting to stay in that situation , not just because the spanii have no history of winning a Lombardi or even coming close to one, but because of the lack of support in LA for the chuggers that will not change just because they move to a larger venue. PLUS I"m sure he has vivid memories of how he was treated when signed as a rookie, and he sees his brother getting all the attention while he sits back , works his ass off, and has zip to show for it in terms of media coverage, exposure, endorsement potential etc etc. I think he's already decided he's gone.
While I don't care enough about the team, anymore, to really "follow" this...it doesn't mean I don't have a strong preference:
(though Gill already got to some of my talking points) :p

First, I have a strong bias: I want Joey to flee the LAC as fast as he can.
Second, I hope he really remembers how ownership tried to screw him on that rookie contract. He was stuck with them then...not now.
Third, yeah, he deserves better than 16 "away" games every season. He's good enough to get a big paycheck somewhere better.
Fourth: Seeing his brother have a better home game situation, better ownership, and a trip to the Super Bowl, has to be making him reflect
on wasting the rest of his career with bad ownership, unclear QB situation and generally a team going in the wrong direction.

Now, I have literally no idea what's actually going on in his mind. But I like the kid. When he stood up to the spanos' attempted shakedown
on that rookie contract, he won my respect. And obviously he's a very good player. I'd like to root for him on a team I can cheer on
without feeling like a soul-less bastard (aka: LAC fan).

Bosa.png

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
While I don't care enough about the team, anymore, to really "follow" this...it doesn't mean I don't have a strong preference:
(though Gill already got to some of my talking points) :p

First, I have a strong bias: I want Joey to flee the LAC as fast as he can.
Second, I hope he really remembers how ownership tried to screw him on that rookie contract. He was stuck with them then...not now.
Third, yeah, he deserves better than 16 "away" games every season. He's good enough to get a big paycheck somewhere better.
Fourth: Seeing his brother have a better home game situation, better ownership, and a trip to the Super Bowl, has to be making him reflect
on wasting the rest of his career with bad ownership, unclear QB situation and generally a team going in the wrong direction.

Now, I have literally no idea what's actually going on in his mind. But I like the kid. When he stood up to the spanos' attempted shakedown
on that rookie contract, he won my respect. And obviously he's a very good player. I'd like to root for him on a team I can cheer on
without feeling like a soul-less bastard (aka: LAC fan).

View attachment 7146
Yeah I too supported Bosa fully in that standoff with the cheap spanii. It was incomprehensible to me how the spanii handled it, the guy was slotted in and deserved what he was asking. IIRC it was related to how the bonus was paid out. There had already been a precedent from years prior for that draft slot and how it was handled. But not for the spanii, they had to create their own rules. Many on that other forum were against Bosa's holdout, to the point of denigrating the guy and his mom. I never bought into it. He remembers it all, trust me. His family does too. I was a huge fan of them taking Bosa then that stupid stance by the spanii and ultimately their decision to leave ruined it all. Yeah I hope to cheer him on another team, preferrably an AFC team that competes against the spanii. ;)

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Yeah I too supported Bosa fully in that standoff with the cheap spanii. It was incomprehensible to me how the spanii handled it, the guy was slotted in and deserved what he was asking. IIRC it was related to how the bonus was paid out. There had already been a precedent from years prior for that draft slot and how it was handled. But not for the spanii, they had to create their own rules. Many on that other forum were against Bosa's holdout, to the point of denigrating the guy and his mom. I never bought into it. He remembers it all, trust me. His family does too. I was a huge fan of them taking Bosa then that stupid stance by the spanii and ultimately their decision to leave ruined it all. Yeah I hope to cheer him on another team, preferrably an AFC team that competes against the spanii. ;)
the way the spenis handled his rookie contract is reason np 1 the family is orchestrating bosa's exit. The spenis are so cheap that they were squabbling over 350k. To a rookie 350k is everything. Only the spenis were dumb enough to let the kid hold out as long as he did. The bosa holdout torpedo what was supposed to be a great season.