Anthony Lynn extended

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
another spanos pretender HC

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
It's not easy losing six out of seven. Sounds like another Johnnie Boy decision.
Plus, they probably got him cheap. And this talk of Tom Brady at Chargers....might get some big crowds....of Patriot haters who love watching Brady getting buried play after play.

Last edited:

Fouts

Aug 17, 2007
La Jolla, CA
Also, lil jon spenis can pick all his retread asst. coaches. I love this decision by the Irvine Chokers! Muwahahahha! :roflmao::ninja:

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
I don't have any hate for Lynn.
The few times I've watched him in a clip trying to explain a loss, he said pretty
much what I would want a coach to say in that admittedly awkward situation.

Of greater significance, the spanos-klan taught me not to give much of a damn about this
franchise, anymore...so the truth is that I don't care enough, to have paid close enough attention in the
last few years, to have any intelligent insight as to whether Lynn personally has done a good job or not.

That disclaimer out of the way, there is something very :poop: spanos-like :poop: about ownership saying:

"Well, 2019 was a crucial time for this franchise: We desperately needed to follow 12-4 with a
killer season that would show this over-saturated L.A. market that we were for real, as we took our
place in Master Kroenke's new palace (even if we are his Kato Kaelin)...we responded to our big moment,
by totally folding and going 1 for 7 down the stretch in arguably the worst collapse in recent history.
So, yes, yes, a thousand times yes!!! We are absolutely doubling down who we are!!

p.s. Please god, don't let the new XFL Wildcats (who don't even have a logo beyond the letters "LA") take both of our fans!"
LA wildcats.png

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
So the plan all along was to move on from Rivers and Gordon.

Good on you Anthony. Make it while you can.

Fouts

Aug 17, 2007
La Jolla, CA
Andy Reid was available when the Chokers signed Milktoast. But of course, he would have commanded real money, and player/personnel control.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
So file this under WTFC but no word on how long this contract is?

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
As long as they jettison Spaz and Hairball, extend Bosa, and draft Herbert, I’m fine with Lynn.

players matter.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
As long as they jettison Spaz and Hairball, extend Bosa, and draft Herbert, I’m fine with Lynn.

players matter.
as long as the fudeans run that org it will be doomed to middle of the pack at best

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017

players matter.
Coaching matters more.
But if ur fine with the Chuggers
That’s ur Cross tp bear as the Padre says.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
So file this under WTFC but no word on how long this contract is?
At least 2 years is all that's known right now.

But for a team 5-11 season, when Super Bowl talk was being thrown around...
adding to the one year already in place is prety amazing.

Again, I got nothing against the guy...but if they go 3-13 next year...
having added another year or two...well, it will start to give management-by-nepotism a bad name...

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
If the idiot Chuggers wanted to make a splash and finally pay their bills,
they'd sign Belichick to a $100 million dollar contract.

I bet most LA fans can tell you the entire LA Lakers roster but if you asked about Lynn, they say, "Don't think so. There was a Hungarian on the Pelicans last year with that name but no one around here."

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I think it has more to do with the reality that any coach worth a shit wants nothing to do with the franchise.
not just because they won't pay any money to hire the very best coaches, but because they are a holes who meddle and figure they need a yes man anywhere beneath them. No one is an equal to the spanii.... all are subservient. Dumbasses.

Reactions: Harryo the K

captaind

Waka waka waka
Jul 12, 2007
Tennessee

players matter.
They aren't drafting a QB with the #6 pick. This extension is an indication they're comfortable going with Tyrod Taylor as the starter.

How fine are you now?

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005

players matter.
herbert will get 30 million.Do you seriously think the fudeans are going to she’ll out that kind of cash?

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
They aren't drafting a QB with the #6 pick. This extension is an indication they're comfortable going with Tyrod Taylor as the starter.

How fine are you now?
Yes they will draft a QB and he’ll probably sit behind Tyrod for awhile based on how well Tyrod plays.

im fine with Tyrod as he’s an improvement over Spaz.

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
herbert will get 30 million.Do you seriously think the fudeans are going to she’ll out that kind of cash?
30 Million over 5 years is cheap compared to 100 million Spaz was costing throwing all those interceptions.

yes, they will gladly pay that. It would be a significant cap saving for QB position.

look, FUDEAN May be cheap, but according to the CBA, they have to pay a minimum 95% of the salary cap. Chargers are at 101% last time I checked.

The team can futz around with guarantees and how to distribute the loot between players but there is pretty much the same amount that has to be spent by every team.

IIRC, In Bosa’s case, it wasn’t the entire amount of the contract that was dIsputed, it was how much up front he would get.

Something similar will probably happen with his next contract. They will probably dicker more over how much is guaranteed versus overall amount.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
I’ll be shocked if they agree to pay that kid 15 million up front then 10 over 4 years.

they’re not cheap ?they certainly weren’t with Rivers. The rest of the money they dump into that shitty franchise is a waste.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
I’d be willing to bet they take a cb or a rb just so they don’t have to spend grandma’s hard earned money

FiftyFive

Dean Spanos is a traitor!
Nov 14, 2017
im fine with Tyrod as he’s an improvement over Spaz.
So what are you going to say when Tyrod is mediocre at best, like he's been his entire career, and the Deanos get exposed as the terrible organization they truly are without "Spaz" keeping them vaguely competitive?

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
30 Million over 5 years is cheap compared to 100 million Spaz was costing throwing all those interceptions.

yes, they will gladly pay that. It would be a significant cap saving for QB position.

look, FUDEAN May be cheap, but according to the CBA, they have to pay a minimum 95% of the salary cap. Chargers are at 101% last time I checked.

The team can futz around with guarantees and how to distribute the loot between players but there is pretty much the same amount that has to be spent by every team.

IIRC, In Bosa’s case, it wasn’t the entire amount of the contract that was dIsputed, it was how much up front he would get.

Something similar will probably happen with his next contract. They will probably dicker more over how much is guaranteed versus overall amount.
While I feel that the default mode of this ownership is to be cheap,
(as a San Diego fan, I've seen more ownership trying to get by on the cheap, in baseball & football, for the majority of my 1970+ fandom, than most cities)
the NFL does nudge owners towards the cap. So a current 101% could be true, for all I know.

And that pays for some fine athletes.

But that can't overcome the psychological drag of working for ownership that is amongst, if not the worst, in the league.
And what top tier athlete wants to waste the prime of his career in a "visitor"role every single time they play?
Was it hilarious that a supposed NFL team's "home field" was not just tiny, but impossible to keep up with, re. naming rights:
("Home Depot Center" aka "StubHub Center" aka (In)Dignity Health Sports Park," etc.)? Sure, it was funny, but 16 "away" games is not fun.

Will the 5-11 collapse of the 2019 LAC increase the percentage of LAC fans in Kroenke's SoFi Stadium in 2020? Unlikely.
Will the best athletes, who have a choice where they play, choose the spanos-klan over virtually any other option? Unlikely.