SDRay

#THFC #F1 #Gulls #Padres #Raiders
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
https://sports.yahoo.com/alliance-american-football-reveals-team-uniforms-helmets-202654094.html

Alliance of American Football reveals team uniforms, helmets

New AAF uniforms. (Courtesy Alliance of American Football.)

The Alliance of American Football, a new football league set to kick off shortly after the Super Bowl, has unveiled the uniforms for its eight teams. The AAF will feature a range of former college players and ex-pros, and coaches will include notable names like Steve Spurrier, Michael Vick, Mike Singletary and Rick Neuheisel.

Each team name and color scheme is meant to evoke the host city. Above are the uniforms for the Orlando Apollos, the San Antonio Commanders, the Memphis Express, and the San Diego Fleet.

And here are the Arizona Hotshots, Birmingham Iron, Atlanta Legends, and Salt Lake Stallions. Below are the helmets for the Fleet, Commanders, Apollos and Legends.

New AAF helmets. (Courtesy Alliance of American Football.)

The AAF will kick off on Feb. 9 on CBS. Please feel free to post your thoughts on the uniforms below.

Concudan

Life is really simple, but we make it difficult
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Season tickets are extremely affordable.

Message @David Bowling is you want to get some. Heck at $75 a pop, be a good stocking stuffer for your favorite Moderator (Read Gilly, I know yall cant stand me).

HEXEDBOLT

Don't like it, lump it!!!
Jul 11, 2006
I think the helmet looks great. They should have used some Blue Angels colors in there, I do believe they use a traditional navy blue??

David Bowling

Oct 30, 2018
https://sports.yahoo.com/alliance-american-football-reveals-team-uniforms-helmets-202654094.html

Alliance of American Football reveals team uniforms, helmets

The Alliance of American Football, a new football league set to kick off shortly after the Super Bowl, has unveiled the uniforms for its eight teams. The AAF will feature a range of former college players and ex-pros, and coaches will include notable names like Steve Spurrier, Michael Vick, Mike Singletary and Rick Neuheisel.

Each team name and color scheme is meant to evoke the host city. Above are the uniforms for the Orlando Apollos, the San Antonio Commanders, the Memphis Express, and the San Diego Fleet.

And here are the Arizona Hotshots, Birmingham Iron, Atlanta Legends, and Salt Lake Stallions. Below are the helmets for the Fleet, Commanders, Apollos and Legends.

New AAF helmets. (Courtesy Alliance of American Football.)

The AAF will kick off on Feb. 9 on CBS. Please feel free to post your thoughts on the uniforms below.

LABoltFan

Bunker Transplant
Jun 4, 2008
The Fleet have the best color scheme and uniforms. They’re unique but they don’t look cheesy. Also a really good tie in with the Navy.

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Is that supposed to be Mike Allstott in the legends pic? Cuz it sure brings back memories of when a FB was still a key offensive player. Or just a legend at the position.

I hope that FB won't be a extinct position for the AAF. But being set up to groom for the nfl, already means that won't happen.

Yay to the 30 second play clock coming back at least.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Is that supposed to be Mike Allstott in the legends pic? Cuz it sure brings back memories of when a FB was still a key offensive player. Or just a legend at the position.

I hope that FB won't be a extinct position for the AAF. But being set up to groom for the nfl, already means that won't happen.

Yay to the 30 second play clock coming back at least.
yeah 30 sec play clock should be a big change for the better....anything to get the pace of the game to move along.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
The Fleet really knocked it out of the park with their uniforms. I wasn't completely sure how they were going to make those colors work but they did! I realize the number on one side of the helmet is a league wide style thing not unique to the Fleet, but what makes the Fleet’s usage the best is the “battleship” font they use for their numbers (on both the helmet and uniform). It is how a USS would identify itself, perfectly ties into the Navy theme. I think eventually they should be the only team allowed to have the number on the side. The coup de grace is the chevron striping in yellow. Man that just completes the uniform. Go Gray and Gold!

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Dino don't need a seat as he'll be working the games from the sidelines. You know, to help pay his rent.

LOLZ......is that dean searching his pocket for change to pay rent or did he get distracted on his way to pay rent?Stan's waiting you little f-up dean. PAY. YOUR. RENT.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Stopped by Dick’s and picked up a Fleet hat.
View attachment 6245
That's pretty sweet.
Damn! I feel like an idiot: I just ordered mine in a hurry, off Amazon, and got this crappy logo...
lax.jpg

I just can’t stop seeing Spy vs Spy
Oh, thanks a lot! I hadn't noticed that...but now I'm stuck with it.

So now are ya gonna post The Proclaimers' I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) to earworm us all, too?