AFSF Playoff Survivor Pool!

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
And it looks like you may have to deal with it again...real soon!
The Bills are coming in HOT!
Mahomes is still great but I think teams, as the Bucs did in the SB, have figured out how to best defend him, especially if they can keep him on the move PLUS cover downfield. Not sure about the Bills but guessing they too will give the Chiefs fits. Chiefs may not win the division this year....it's gonna be a tight race with the chugs most likely.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I'm out. Okay, don't cry for me.
The whole League is screwed up. Refs make up penalties, ignore others,
Can't see the clock, can't see the line of scrimmage.

Well, of course they can. But the recent flurry of obvious “mistakes”
Shows there is a conscious effort to manage the game and scores. These aren't mistakes.
Why....I don't know.
Maybe gambling, maybe owner driven.. but it is no longer watchable.
Something is going on. The playoffs with more teams and this “issue” ...will be wild.
I'll watch till the first majors screw over and then stop, and do chores..

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
I'm out. Okay, don't cry for me.
The whole League is screwed up. Refs make up penalties, ignore others,
Can't see the clock, can't see the line of scrimmage.

Well, of course they can. But the recent flurry of obvious “mistakes”
Shows there is a conscious effort to manage the game and scores. These aren't mistakes.
Why....I don't know.
Maybe gambling, maybe owner driven.. but it is no longer watchable.
Something is going on. The playoffs with more teams and this “issue” ...will be wild.
I'll watch till the first majors screw over and then stop, and do chores..

You're welcome to stick around and resume your role as spiritual advisor...
....Since you're no longer "master of your domain"!! :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderHorse17

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017

You're welcome to stick around and resume your role as spiritual advisor...
....Since you're no longer "master of your domain"!! :roflmao:
You'll all be out if my prayers are answered.
Which they are at 1.19%

Has anyone see in any game this year anywhere....seen a play review requested by the “stadium replay official”...period?
I mean even a line of scrimmage call...like the Seattle Rams game.
I betting here, no one has. And I think only the NFL alone will tell said official to do so, and only if some crazy ref goes rouge and starts calling plays according to the rules.

What can the replay official weigh in on?
• Penalty enforcement, proper down, spot of a foul, game clock or possession
• Completed or intercepted pass
• Touching of a loose ball, boundary line, goal line or end line
• Location of the football or a player in relation to the boundary line, the line of scrimmage, the line to gain or the goal line
• Down by contact (when a player is not ruled down by contact on the field)

Last edited:

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
You'll all be out if my prayers are answered.
Which they are at 1.19%
We're still talking about Survivor Pool... right? :roflmao:

Has anyone see in any game this year anywhere....seen a play review requested by the “stadium replay official”...period?
I mean even a line of scrimmage call...like the Seattle Rams game.
I betting here, no one has. And I think only the NFL alone will tell said official to do so, and only if some crazy ref goes rouge and starts calling plays according to the rules.
Admittedly I watch more football than most; but I see it at least once a week!

Once again, I'd be the last person to be arguing on the side of NFL refs, but they're damn good at what they do...

...unfortunately, fixing games is what they do best!!

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Kwak....Ravens....The Football Team....Browns....Saints...Vikings
TH17....Broncos...49'ers....Raiders....Titans....Steelers
wrbanwal...DNP....Broncos....Cardinals....Bills...Panthers
Harryo.....Steelers....Browns....DNP....Broncos....Chiefs
hof.......49'ers....Browns....Panthers....Bills....Vikings

Reactions: ThunderHorse17

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Kwak....Ravens....The Football Team....Browns....Saints...Vikings
TH17....Broncos...49'ers....Raiders....Titans....Steelers
wrbanwal...DNP....Broncos....Cardinals....Bills...Panthers
Harryo.....Steelers....Browns....DNP....Broncos....Chiefs
hof.......49'ers....Browns....Panthers....Bills....Vikings
kinda stupid for walt and harry to pick the Damn NewEngland Patriots.....might as well just forfeit

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Did they win last week?

I was thinking of playing them.
They squeaked by HOU...David Mills had probably the best performance any Rookie QB has ever had against a Belichick D...21/29 for 312 yds with 3 TDs and 0 INTs! Texans reached a 90% win probability when they intercepted a Mac Jones pass and scored on two quick plays to make it 22-9 at the start of the 3rd Quarter, and still managed to lose the game at home. You had a much more relaxed win with your Steelers pick; which btw was a gutsy call! :tup:

PS..."Damn NewEngland Patriots" is likely a reference to the DNPs that Walt and Harry received!...Although according to the use of Caps, that acronym would be DNEP! ;) .....DNEP are playing DDC this week! :D

Reactions: Gill Man

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
They squeaked by HOU...David Mills had probably the best performance any Rookie QB has ever had against a Belichick D...21/29 for 312 yds with 3 TDs and 0 INTs! Texans reached a 90% win probability when they intercepted a Mac Jones pass and scored on two quick plays to make it 22-9 at the start of the 3rd Quarter, and still managed to lose the game at home. You had a much more relaxed win with your Steelers pick; which btw was a gutsy call! :tup:

PS..."Damn NewEngland Patriots" is likely a reference to the DNPs that Walt and Harry received!...Although according to the use of Caps, that acronym would be DNEP! ;) .....DNEP are playing DDC this week! :D

Well the pregame hype train was all on board with Big Ben, and what the hell i got to lose in a no money gamble.

• Haha
Reactions: handoverfist

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
There's a game tonight...probably will be a good one too!!

TB -7 @ PHI...O/U 52.5

Let's see if we can call a fix?!
Tampa is sitting pretty at 4-1 in the NFC South, and their closest competitors in the Div. aren't playing all that well...both CAR and NO look ordinary and ATL even less. For Tampa, playoffs is almost a guarantee...getting their healthy and primed is now the goal. SO using this logic, a loss here in hostile Philadelphia wouldn't be the end of the world for Tampa, so long as they can avoid serious injuries.
On the other hand, at 2-3 and coming off an improbable come from behind win in Carolina, the Eagles are looking to cement their position as the main threat to DAL in the East. They have a young QB who they're high on and a traditionally tough D.

Bold Prediction:
Brady has 2 turnovers and

TB 22
PHI 24

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
There's a game tonight...probably will be a good one too!!

TB -7 @ PHI...O/U 52.5

Let's see if we can call a fix?!
Tampa is sitting pretty at 4-1 in the NFC South, and their closest competitors in the Div. aren't playing all that well...both CAR and NO look ordinary and ATL even less. For Tampa, playoffs is almost a guarantee...getting their healthy and primed is now the goal. SO using this logic, a loss here in hostile Philadelphia wouldn't be the end of the world for Tampa, so long as they can avoid serious injuries.
On the other hand, at 2-3 and coming off an improbable come from behind win in Carolina, the Eagles are looking to cement their position as the main threat to DAL in the East. They have a young QB who they're high on and a traditionally tough D.

Bold Prediction:
Brady has 2 turnovers and

TB 22
PHI 24
So who won last night?

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Week 6 already! :eek:
This is when games take on meaning and great matchups emerge. There are a few on the roster for Sunday, and the Monday nighter is decent too.

4-1 LAC at 4-1 BAL has to be the best of the early games. The LAC are getting some national attention as a legit contender, but Lamar Jackson seems to be able to rise to the occasion and take over a game like no other QB in the game. You get the feeling that you're about to see the best of this generation of young QBs going head to head in a showdown to remember....and I say this with all due respect to guys like Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes who put on a similar show on the last SNF. Imho, Herbert is better pure passer than any of them, and Lamar Jackson is a far better runner than them all.

It'll be interesting to see if The Chargers have a gameplan for stopping the run and in particular Jackson's ability to gain considerable yards on the ground. They currently sit DEAD LAST in the league giving up and average of 157.6 YDS per Game on the ground. Ravens come in to this game as the NO.1 Offense in the league...4th in Rushing and 6th in Passing. They lost both RBs in Pre-season and they're doing this...I can't imagine what they'd be like with both Gus Edwards and JK Dobbins!
The Saving grace for the LAC could be the fact that the weakness in Baltimore's D plays in to the LAC strength on Offense. The Ravens are 30th in the league against the Pass and the LAC own the 3rd best Passing Offense in the NFL! They already played the best running team in the league and even though they gave up a lot of yards on the ground to CLE, they were able to go toe to toe with them and eek out a win...so maybe they can do it again in BAL??

No Fucking Way!! Baker Mayfield is NOT in Lamar Jackson's league!

LAC 30
BAL 33

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Week 6 already! :eek:
This is when games take on meaning and great matchups emerge. There are a few on the roster for Sunday, and the Monday nighter is decent too.

4-1 LAC at 4-1 BAL has to be the best of the early games. The LAC are getting some national attention as a legit contender, but Lamar Jackson seems to be able to rise to the occasion and take over a game like no other QB in the game. You get the feeling that you're about to see the best of this generation of young QBs going head to head in a showdown to remember....and I say this with all due respect to guys like Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes who put on a similar show on the last SNF. Imho, Herbert is better pure passer than any of them, and Lamar Jackson is a far better runner than them all.

It'll be interesting to see if The Chargers have a gameplan for stopping the run and in particular Jackson's ability to gain considerable yards on the ground. They currently sit DEAD LAST in the league giving up and average of 157.6 YDS per Game on the ground. Ravens come in to this game as the NO.1 Offense in the league...4th in Rushing and 6th in Passing. They lost both RBs in Pre-season and they're doing this...I can't imagine what they'd be like with both Gus Edwards and JK Dobbins!
The Saving grace for the LAC could be the fact that the weakness in Baltimore's D plays in to the LAC strength on Offense. The Ravens are 30th in the league against the Pass and the LAC own the 3rd best Passing Offense in the NFL! They already played the best running team in the league and even though they gave up a lot of yards on the ground to CLE, they were able to go toe to toe with them and eek out a win...so maybe they can do it again in BAL??

No Fucking Way!! Baker Mayfield is NOT in Lamar Jackson's league!

LAC 30
BAL 33
Bye weeks start?