AFSF Playoff Survivor Pool!

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Reactions: Gill Man

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011
I guess your "rich Silicon Vallyite" theory is a factor; but when I look in the stands at the games that I've been to, and when the cameras pan over to the crowds on TV, I don't see a lot of that type of fan in the stands. Football is still a working man's game, it just takes a much bigger chunk of his paycheck now. Of course, I'm mostly in the East Coast and football mentality is kind of different on this side of the continent. What I can tell you is that in the East, it's the Pat*s fans that are everywhere. They travel in plane loads and I've been to games where they've taken over opposing stadiums...something that's hard to do in a town like Buffalo. I don't think that was the case before 2001, so I attribute much of their traveling fanbase to people wanting to associate themselves with a winner....Same thing could be said for the 49'ers in the West Coast. 49'ers are the Pat*s of the West!!
Can confirm - I went to the Titans/49'ers game in Nashville back in November, and the 49'ers fans showed up IN FORCE. And they definitely did not strike me as the "silicon valley" type - to be honest, they looked a lot more like Raiders fans. Blue collar. Did a bunch of Raider's fans convert to 49'ers fans when the Raiders moved to Vegas? I have no idea, but there were a lot of them - I was surprised that many of them showed up for a cold game in Nashville.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
ha, you bookies that took Cincy musta been feeling the heat there. 26-19 and Raiders just fell short at the end on a 4th and goal from what I hear. You all can relax now LMAO.

Reactions: wrbanwal

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
ha, you bookies that took Cincy musta been feeling the heat there. 26-19 and Raiders just fell short at the end on a 4th and goal from what I hear. You all can relax now LMAO.
Chargers'new 2022 uniforms. All helmets will have the word Herbert on them.
Also introducing “Roaring Lightning”, probably an orange angry tiger-like cloud.

E25E2E2A-0AA4-4797-8279-ED530801EEDA.jpeg

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Late to the party but it looks like I got 2 games to pick from left to go.

Hmm think I wanna pick KC but the 4 remaining, well maybe not steelers teams could all be the team that gets past the conference championship and at least gets to guest star in the big show.

I got a feeling cards gonna roll the la Rams.

Reactions: handoverfist

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I know you posters waiting for me to handicap AFC playoffs using my years and years and years of experience so here goes:

Cinn. upsets the Titans. I'll call it at 35-24
Chiefs beat the Bills. Hell of game but Chiefs are red hot on offense (as are the Bills) and get the home field advantage. If KC defense can make a few big plays, intercepts and a few timely sacks, I'm calling the Code Red.
You're damn right I will.

The Title game....The Dallas Tigers vs the Kansas City Chief
as League permits Jerry Jones to lease out the Bengals for this game, adjust the roster and with both draft choices and cash, and a guarantee the Team will remain in Cinncinati till 2066.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: handoverfist