AFSF Playoff Survivor Pool!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Taylor is doing fantastic—but “Jesus”.....watch the offensive line play and Doyle blocking.
They open and keep open tremendous holes, literally creating goal line walls of movement.

I can appreciate things without emotional being invested.
Dr. says, that's an issue. Seems like a good doctor but I can't recall his name.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
With all due respect to big "Jesus"

Parting things was more of a "Moses" thing!!
I remember Moses. But back then we called him, Noses. Lead you across a desert?
He couldn't lead a dog to a BBQ. Plus, that Egypt story was created to impress a young lady,
didn't work as I recall...and as fall as parting the red sea.....that was a bathroom joke he'd like to tell.
Odd guy, really, got angry a lot, never made it to where he was going.

He'd always say to us,

“What shall I do unto this people? they be almost ready to stone me.”

He got that right.

Last edited:

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
So any good matchups on the spread tomorrow? *The dinner spread not the points*
I got a small workshop mainly set up for woodwork. Last year, with the all the extra time on my hands, I decided to try my hand at metal work and welding by building a 115 Gallon offset drum smoker in the workshop. It was a fun project and I found lots of videos online on how to build. The end result incorporated ideas from a number of them, and turned out to be a one kickass smoker. I've been smoking everything from brisket, to ribs and burgers, chicken and turkey....

Canadian TG is in October, but we celebrate both in my family; so turkey's been in the smoker overnight and since it's not a holiday here, most of the crew is working half day and coming over in time for the DET game!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and ALL of our brothers on this board!

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Happy Thanksgiving to you too HOF and also all on the board (the throngs of posters LOL). Yeah smoking is awesome.....I have a good one but it's a ton of work...used to smoke turkeys for 12 hrs. Nowdays the elites use Traeger and Big Green Egg and do it the easy way,,,,,lol. But nothing like smoked turkey and bbq, have a great Thanksging dinner, will be well worth the wait! :tup:

Reactions: handoverfist

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Thanks Gill, hope you and your family had a good day yesterday.

12 hours for turkey in a smoker sounds about right...of course we must be talking about a pretty big turkey. I've found that I have a real passion for the process and the "science" that goes in to smoking meats; and although I wouldn't call myself one yet, I'm learning to become a "pitmaster". I find that controlling the heat in the burn chamber and creating good convection through the entire cook chamber are the basic keys to a good smoke...of course patience is the main ingredient!
In order to fully understand how the process works, I believe it was important for me to try to build the perfect smoker. To date, I've built 4 smokers and am currently working on the 5th...I find the gage of the metal used in the construction of the smoker is the key to creating that constant heat and maintaining it. As I said earlier, I'm only doing offset smokers right now, and haven't tried building a direct heat smoker yet; so I find the best way to achieve convection is by using large cylinders or drums with a perfectly round cross-section, and decreasing the gage of the metal according to the size of the smoker. Insulating the burn chamber also helps quite a bit.

My wife, who was an accountant for most of her life, went back to school about 10 years ago and became a Chef. We're thinking of setting up a small smoke restaurant operation and doing it the old fashioned way using my homemade smokers....17 hour briskets, and real smoke from real wood. There are many smoke theme restaurants in Toronto, but they all use pellet commercial smokers, or even smoke injection and the flavour is NOT the same. That is probably because of all the bylaws against solid fuel usage in the City...so I'm looking for a property an hour outside of the city limits, in ski country to set this up. I don't know if my wife and I still have the energy for what is likely going to be a physical challenge for us both, but I figure it will be good way to check the veracity of that old saying: "choose to do something you love, and you'll never work a day in your life" !!

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Thanks Gill, hope you and your family had a good day yesterday.

12 hours for turkey in a smoker sounds about right...of course we must be talking about a pretty big turkey. I've found that I have a real passion for the process and the "science" that goes in to smoking meats; and although I wouldn't call myself one yet, I'm learning to become a "pitmaster". I find that controlling the heat in the burn chamber and creating good convection through the entire cook chamber are the basic keys to a good smoke...of course patience is the main ingredient!
In order to fully understand how the process works, I believe it was important for me to try to build the perfect smoker. To date, I've built 4 smokers and am currently working on the 5th...I find the gage of the metal used in the construction of the smoker is the key to creating that constant heat and maintaining it. As I said earlier, I'm only doing offset smokers right now, and haven't tried building a direct heat smoker yet; so I find the best way to achieve convection is by using large cylinders or drums with a perfectly round cross-section, and decreasing the gage of the metal according to the size of the smoker. Insulating the burn chamber also helps quite a bit.

My wife, who was an accountant for most of her life, went back to school about 10 years ago and became a Chef. We're thinking of setting up a small smoke restaurant operation and doing it the old fashioned way using my homemade smokers....17 hour briskets, and real smoke from real wood. There are many smoke theme restaurants in Toronto, but they all use pellet commercial smokers, or even smoke injection and the flavour is NOT the same. That is probably because of all the bylaws against solid fuel usage in the City...so I'm looking for a property an hour outside of the city limits, in ski country to set this up. I don't know if my wife and I still have the energy for what is likely going to be a physical challenge for us both, but I figure it will be good way to check the veracity of that old saying: "choose to do something you love, and you'll never work a day in your life" !!
Very cool. Agree nothing like the real,deal , hope your venture is sucessful!

Reactions: handoverfist