AFSF Playoff Survivor Pool!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Taylor is doing fantastic—but “Jesus”.....watch the offensive line play and Doyle blocking.
They open and keep open tremendous holes, literally creating goal line walls of movement.

I can appreciate things without emotional being invested.
Dr. says, that's an issue. Seems like a good doctor but I can't recall his name.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
With all due respect to big "Jesus"

Parting things was more of a "Moses" thing!!
I remember Moses. But back then we called him, Noses. Lead you across a desert?
He couldn't lead a dog to a BBQ. Plus, that Egypt story was created to impress a young lady,
didn't work as I recall...and as fall as parting the red sea.....that was a bathroom joke he'd like to tell.
Odd guy, really, got angry a lot, never made it to where he was going.

He'd always say to us,

“What shall I do unto this people? they be almost ready to stone me.”

He got that right.

Last edited:

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
So any good matchups on the spread tomorrow? *The dinner spread not the points*
I got a small workshop mainly set up for woodwork. Last year, with the all the extra time on my hands, I decided to try my hand at metal work and welding by building a 115 Gallon offset drum smoker in the workshop. It was a fun project and I found lots of videos online on how to build. The end result incorporated ideas from a number of them, and turned out to be a one kickass smoker. I've been smoking everything from brisket, to ribs and burgers, chicken and turkey....

Canadian TG is in October, but we celebrate both in my family; so turkey's been in the smoker overnight and since it's not a holiday here, most of the crew is working half day and coming over in time for the DET game!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and ALL of our brothers on this board!

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Happy Thanksgiving to you too HOF and also all on the board (the throngs of posters LOL). Yeah smoking is awesome.....I have a good one but it's a ton of work...used to smoke turkeys for 12 hrs. Nowdays the elites use Traeger and Big Green Egg and do it the easy way,,,,,lol. But nothing like smoked turkey and bbq, have a great Thanksging dinner, will be well worth the wait! :tup:

Reactions: handoverfist

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Thanks Gill, hope you and your family had a good day yesterday.

12 hours for turkey in a smoker sounds about right...of course we must be talking about a pretty big turkey. I've found that I have a real passion for the process and the "science" that goes in to smoking meats; and although I wouldn't call myself one yet, I'm learning to become a "pitmaster". I find that controlling the heat in the burn chamber and creating good convection through the entire cook chamber are the basic keys to a good smoke...of course patience is the main ingredient!
In order to fully understand how the process works, I believe it was important for me to try to build the perfect smoker. To date, I've built 4 smokers and am currently working on the 5th...I find the gage of the metal used in the construction of the smoker is the key to creating that constant heat and maintaining it. As I said earlier, I'm only doing offset smokers right now, and haven't tried building a direct heat smoker yet; so I find the best way to achieve convection is by using large cylinders or drums with a perfectly round cross-section, and decreasing the gage of the metal according to the size of the smoker. Insulating the burn chamber also helps quite a bit.

My wife, who was an accountant for most of her life, went back to school about 10 years ago and became a Chef. We're thinking of setting up a small smoke restaurant operation and doing it the old fashioned way using my homemade smokers....17 hour briskets, and real smoke from real wood. There are many smoke theme restaurants in Toronto, but they all use pellet commercial smokers, or even smoke injection and the flavour is NOT the same. That is probably because of all the bylaws against solid fuel usage in the City...so I'm looking for a property an hour outside of the city limits, in ski country to set this up. I don't know if my wife and I still have the energy for what is likely going to be a physical challenge for us both, but I figure it will be good way to check the veracity of that old saying: "choose to do something you love, and you'll never work a day in your life" !!

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Thanks Gill, hope you and your family had a good day yesterday.

12 hours for turkey in a smoker sounds about right...of course we must be talking about a pretty big turkey. I've found that I have a real passion for the process and the "science" that goes in to smoking meats; and although I wouldn't call myself one yet, I'm learning to become a "pitmaster". I find that controlling the heat in the burn chamber and creating good convection through the entire cook chamber are the basic keys to a good smoke...of course patience is the main ingredient!
In order to fully understand how the process works, I believe it was important for me to try to build the perfect smoker. To date, I've built 4 smokers and am currently working on the 5th...I find the gage of the metal used in the construction of the smoker is the key to creating that constant heat and maintaining it. As I said earlier, I'm only doing offset smokers right now, and haven't tried building a direct heat smoker yet; so I find the best way to achieve convection is by using large cylinders or drums with a perfectly round cross-section, and decreasing the gage of the metal according to the size of the smoker. Insulating the burn chamber also helps quite a bit.

My wife, who was an accountant for most of her life, went back to school about 10 years ago and became a Chef. We're thinking of setting up a small smoke restaurant operation and doing it the old fashioned way using my homemade smokers....17 hour briskets, and real smoke from real wood. There are many smoke theme restaurants in Toronto, but they all use pellet commercial smokers, or even smoke injection and the flavour is NOT the same. That is probably because of all the bylaws against solid fuel usage in the City...so I'm looking for a property an hour outside of the city limits, in ski country to set this up. I don't know if my wife and I still have the energy for what is likely going to be a physical challenge for us both, but I figure it will be good way to check the veracity of that old saying: "choose to do something you love, and you'll never work a day in your life" !!
Very cool. Agree nothing like the real,deal , hope your venture is sucessful!

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Last week we identified a number of matchups that on their own, could qualify for "Game of the Week"....I heard it was the 1st time since 1970's that the docket included 9 games where both teams had winning records. Let's see how they shook out and what that means going forward...

PIT 10 @ CIN 41....I think the score says all that needs to be said here! Hands of time have caught up to Big Ben, which is ironic for a guy named after a clock! I don't even know if a young Ben could've stopped the Cinci train on Sunday...Burrow has 3 top notch WRs - JaMarr Chase, Tee Higgins, and Tyler Boyd- and Joe Mixon has found his stride in the NFL -3rd in the league. They're loaded on both sides of the ball, and already have a win IN BAL (41-17) so the Division is still there for them to take.

TB 38 @ IND 31....This game had it all. Great Offense, Great Defense, Special Teams, and Great Coaching and Time Management. Tom Brady's execution of a 2minute drill has got to be the best of all time...Carson Wentz? He's looking a lot like Philip Rivers out there. Both Defenses are Championship Caliber, imo. Tampa separated themselves from the rest of the pack in the NFC with this win, but not from the Packers! IND still have a shot, if TEN continues to falter...that's a really good team!

TEN 13 @ NE 36...NE is soaring and TEN is in freefall! I don't know if this game proves the Pat*s are for real, but the next one IN Buffalo will! They will carry a 6 game win streak in that game, and look solid on both sides of the ball. They have the lowest scoring Defense in the league, and the can run the ball down your throat with Damian Harris, and a most impressive rookie RB Rhamondre Stevenson. They can dink and dunk in the passing game with the best of them, and the way they've managed Mac Jones' introduction to the Pro game ought to be the blueprint for all college QBs entering the league. Looking forward to the game in BUF, I'm going to look to see if I can score some tickets to go to this one!

LAR 28 @ GB 36...I really thought the Rams would play better...To be precise, I thought Mathew Stafford would play better. All those years in the NFC North with DET, now he finally gets a chance to go up against Rodgers with a loaded contender from the West. The score isn't a true indication of how much better the Pack were in this contest, nor how far superiour Rodgers is to Stafford. The Packers have to be viewed as the favorites in the NFC now, and the Rams must be hearing SF's footsteps getting louder every week.

MIN 26 @ SF 34....MIN is my son's team, so I secretly root for them now that I don't have a team! Actually it's a lot like rooting for the Chargers....These guys have a way of losing games in the most heartbreaking ways too!! Anyway, both teams lost the one player they can't win without on back to back plays...Dalvin Cook took an awkward hit, fumbled the ball and left on a cart with a shoulder injury, and on the very next play, Debo Samuels picked up a groin injury. Getting those two back will be vital to both teams' chances moving forward. In the meantime there could be a new darkhorse emerging in the NFC...WFT!!

CLE 10 @ BAL 16... I'm known for saying that I don't trust Baker Mayfield, but damn boy, if you can't win a game when your D forces 4 Turnovers then you're never going to earn that trust. The Ravens D went all out to stop the run, which was a big task considering Chubb and Hunt were both playing, and they challenged Mayfield to beat them with his arm, and he couldn't muster up 17 points to win. Simple as that! Now BAL gets to go to PIT, while CLE gets a rest, and then these two will play each other again in CLE....Mayfield has to become Mustfield after the bye!

*I'm not going to address the LAC @ DEN game here....Let's just say the AFC West has 4 teams all with winning records and any one of them not named LAC can win that Division.

EDIT: The MIN - SF game produced one of the funniest things I've ever seen on football field...look where Cousins lines up!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gill Man

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
We're getting to the nitty gritty part of the season, and with the extra game and wildcard team, there are more teams "in the hunt" than ever before. Some would call that added excitement, others would view it as watered down football; but whatever the case maybe, the season that has seen 76 players infected with COVID so far, continues with a few key matchups in Week 13. The Monday Nighter is the one I'll be looking forward to between NE and BUF...It's been decided that in light of the new variant I will not be traveling outside Canada for a while, otherwise I wanted to see this one live. I'm going with the home team to win a hard fought game.

The SNF game has significance too. DEN, fresh off of that shelLACking win at home, go to KC who suddenly have a Defense. I've been in Teddy Bridgewater's corner since he was in MIN...This is a good kid that has had some bad breaks and continues to overcome them. I also like their rookie RB Javonte Williams, who has taken the lead Back role away from Gordon. Vic Fangio has their D playing at a high level, and they didn't miss a beat after losing Von Miller. Pat Surtain II is an exceptional talent who QBs will be staying away from in the future, but this week he'll have his hands full with Tyreek Hill.
I don't know how much this had to do with it; but KC's Defensive woes turned around almost instantly after they picked up Melvin Ingram for a 6th Rounder in a trade with the Steelers on Nov. 2nd. Since the trade, they've allowed 14 pts or fewer, holding the likes of GB and DAL to single digits. They're also coming off a bye, and Andy Reid is 19-3 in the Regular Season after a bye week. Perfect opportunity for the Chiefs to put some distance between them and the rest of AFCW, with the LAC and LV also facing tough opponents...I think they'll make a statement.

The LAC go to CIN and this is as tough a "must win" game they could've picked to hinge their season on. If they don't win this game, I don't want to hear about the LAC as a playoff contender again.
There is no doubt that Herbert stole some/all of Joe Burrow's thunder in their rookie season. This season there is no question that the right QB went 1st overall! Burrow is completing almost 70% (69.3) of his passes with a 101 Passer Rating. What makes him so impressive is that his Expected Completion PCT on the passes he's attempted is 63.8%, and that +5.5% Differential is the second highest in the league behind Kyler Murray. To put that in to perspective, Herbert who himself is having a fine season, has a 66% Comp. rate while his Expected rate is 67.7, for a -1.7% Differential. Some of Burrow's success has to be attributed to the Receiving Corp...Chase, Higgins, and Boyd are all the kind of WRs that can make impossible contested catch, and give Burrow the confidence to throw in to tight spots. Another reason for Burrow's success is the emergence of Joe Mixon as a frontline runner in the league. Barring injury, Mixon should finish 2nd in the league to Jonathan Taylor. The LAC D has their work cut out for them in this one. If by some miracle they're able to stop Mixon from running wild on the 32nd Rush D in the league, they'll have to contend with Burrow, Chase and Co. burning them deep. The LAC cannot go toe to toe with CIN on Offense and I'd be surprised if this one is even close.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
We're getting to the nitty gritty part of the season, and with the extra game and wildcard team, there are more teams "in the hunt" than ever before. Some would call that added excitement, others would view it as watered down football; but whatever the case maybe, the season that has seen 76 players infected with COVID so far, continues with a few key matchups in Week 13. The Monday Nighter is the one I'll be looking forward to between NE and BUF...It's been decided that in light of the new variant I will not be traveling outside Canada for a while, otherwise I wanted to see this one live. I'm going with the home team to win a hard fought game.

The SNF game has significance too. DEN, fresh off of that shelLACking win at home, go to KC who suddenly have a Defense. I've been in Teddy Bridgewater's corner since he was in MIN...This is a good kid that has had some bad breaks and continues to overcome them. I also like their rookie RB Javonte Williams, who has taken the lead Back role away from Gordon. Vic Fangio has their D playing at a high level, and they didn't miss a beat after losing Von Miller. Pat Surtain II is an exceptional talent who QBs will be staying away from in the future, but this week he'll have his hands full with Tyreek Hill.
I don't know how much this had to do with it; but KC's Defensive woes turned around almost instantly after they picked up Melvin Ingram for a 6th Rounder in a trade with the Steelers on Nov. 2nd. Since the trade, they've allowed 14 pts or fewer, holding the likes of GB and DAL to single digits. They're also coming off a bye, and Andy Reid is 19-3 in the Regular Season after a bye week. Perfect opportunity for the Chiefs to put some distance between them and the rest of AFCW, with the LAC and LV also facing tough opponents...I think they'll make a statement.

The LAC go to CIN and this is as tough a "must win" game they could've picked to hinge their season on. If they don't win this game, I don't want to hear about the LAC as a playoff contender again.
There is no doubt that Herbert stole some/all of Joe Burrow's thunder in their rookie season. This season there is no question that the right QB went 1st overall! Burrow is completing almost 70% (69.3) of his passes with a 101 Passer Rating. What makes him so impressive is that his Expected Completion PCT on the passes he's attempted is 63.8%, and that +5.5% Differential is the second highest in the league behind Kyler Murray. To put that in to perspective, Herbert who himself is having a fine season, has a 66% Comp. rate while his Expected rate is 67.7, for a -1.7% Differential. Some of Burrow's success has to be attributed to the Receiving Corp...Chase, Higgins, and Boyd are all the kind of WRs that can make impossible contested catch, and give Burrow the confidence to throw in to tight spots. Another reason for Burrow's success is the emergence of Joe Mixon as a frontline runner in the league. Barring injury, Mixon should finish 2nd in the league to Jonathan Taylor. The LAC D has their work cut out for them in this one. If by some miracle they're able to stop Mixon from running wild on the 32nd Rush D in the league, they'll have to contend with Burrow, Chase and Co. burning them deep. The LAC cannot go toe to toe with CIN on Offense and I'd be surprised if this one is even close.
ha ha,,,you just came up with a great name for them ......the LA ShellLACers :D I'll still use Chugs but that was a great one!!! Also nice summary of those 2 upcoming games. I DO hope the Bengals ShellLAC them LOL

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
When I was a Charger fan, I followed a code to avoid betting on homer emotion; and now that I'm not, I think I should stay away from them all together. Not only because they're one of the most unpredictable teams in the league, but I clearly still can't objectively call one of their games.

PIT @ MIN tomorrow night. Two teams that seem to have cat lives...every time you're ready to pull the plug on these two, they suddenly come back to life. I think it's safe to say, who ever loses this game should start looking towards next season. These are both good teams, with top line talent all over their rosters...I think this is going to be a really good game. I like MIN to win 34 - 31 in OT!!

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
It's Playoff time! If we have enough interested players, I'm willing to run the Playoff Survivor again...same rules, same prizes....you guys let me know.

Reactions: wrbanwal

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Give me the Tampa Bradys. This round and I'll reapply again on the next round. Only at the Championship game will I have to consult with the Referee crew and my Vegas line and Horse who has picked the winner 42% of the time over the last 5 years. Would of been higher but two years he was late getting his pick in. Folks think he was a staller.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Really happy to see everyone in...We still have room for the couple of members who haven't replied yet!

Let's have a look at the games...Please don't let my predictions affect your picks...If anything 18 weeks of regular season have shown us, it's the fact that NO ONE can predict these games, and I'm just doing this for fun.

LVR @ CIN ... Frankly, I don't see a way for the Raiders to win this one! The Bengals are loaded for bear and the Raiders just blew their load on the Chargers!!:eek:
These two met in late Nov. in Las Vegas, and the results weren't pretty...32-13 Bengals and it could've been worse. The Raiders will put up a fight, but the Bengals just have too much for them to handle, and they're at home...so CIN, comfortably.

NE @ BUF ... Third meeting between these two in just over a month...They each won on the other's turf. I would call BUF's win in NE the more impressive win, since their first meeting in BUF was played under impossible weather conditions...NE attempted 3 passes and won!! It WILL be freezing cold again in BUF on Sat. night, but I don't think NE can win this game without passing the ball. Buffalo D, who lost one of their key players on pass D, Tre'Davious White, midway through the season, still was No. 1 in the league in Total D; and there's no place better for a dominant D to strut their stuff, than in a cold weather game at home against a rookie QB...BUF wins the rubber match.

PHI @ TB.... This game would've been a mismatch a few weeks ago...Today? Not so much! The Eagles come in with the league's No. 1 rushing attack, but they don't have a featured back that you can focus on. They also run a lot of designed QB RPOs with Jalen Hurts who rushed for 784yds this year. Traditionally the Eagles would try to run the ball and kill the clock to keep the ball out of Brady's hands, but Brady and this band of patchwork receiving corps shouldn't garner that kind of respect. Tampa D will be the difference in this game, with their ability to stop the run...They were 3rd best in the league in stopping what PHI does best, and that should be enough to win this game. Having said that, this is where I can see the upset of the week happening.

SF @ DAL.... San Fran is the sexy pick in the Wildcard round. First, they're playing perhaps the biggest chokers in the history of sports...but also, they themselves are playing at a high level and give off that perfect "dark horse" vibe. However, this Cowboy team is a more complete team than some of the ones we've seen fail miserably in past playoffs. They actually have a Defense that can disrupt and take away the ball in a variety of ways. Imo, the addition of Micah Parsons gives them the best Dline in the playoffs, and I don't know how well Jimmy G is going to respond to team that can bring tremendous pressure without the blitz. It's easier said than done, but if the Cowboys D can slow down Deebo Samuel, it's game over. I'm going with DAL.

PIT @ KC... After backing in to the playoffs, Roethlisberger wants the Steelers to "just go out and have fun"!! That's exactly the kind of mindset that will get your ass kicked in the playoffs. At this point Ben is the lowest rated QB in the playoffs and he's going up against one of the best. I'm not sold on the Chiefs as a legit SB contender yet, but I fully expect them to be able to handle the Steelers at home.

ARZ @ LAR...I'm calling for a blowout! The Rams will make a statement in the Wildcard round, and announce themselves as serious contenders in the NFC. These two have split their season series, winning at each other's home. Rams were the more impressive victors, with their win coming later in the season and a better indicator of where the teams are today.

Last edited:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Really happy to see everyone in...We still have room for the couple of members who haven't replied yet!

Let's have a look at the games...Please don't let my predictions affect your picks...If anything 18 weeks of regular season have shown us, it's the fact that NO ONE can predict these games, and I'm just doing this for fun.

LVR @ CIN ... Frankly, I don't see a way for the Raiders to win this one! The Bengals are loaded for bear and the Raiders just blew their load on the Chargers!!:eek:
These two met in late Nov. in Las Vegas, and the results weren't pretty...32-13 Bengals and it could've been worse. The Raiders will put up a fight, but the Bengals just have too much for them to handle, and they're at home...so CIN, comfortably.

NE @ BUF ... Third meeting between these two in just over a month...They each won on the other's turf. I would call BUF's win in NE the more impressive win, since their first meeting in BUF was played under impossible weather conditions...NE attempted 3 passes and won!! It WILL be freezing cold again in BUF on Sat. night, but I don't think NE can win this game without passing the ball. Buffalo D, who lost one of their key players on pass D, Tre'Davious White, midway through the season, still was No. 1 in the league in Total D; and there's no place better for a dominant D to strut their stuff, than in a cold weather game at home against a rookie QB...BUF wins the rubber match.

PHI @ TB.... This game would've been a mismatch a few weeks ago...Today? Not so much! The Eagles come in with the league's No. 1 rushing attack, but they don't have a featured back that you can focus on. They also run a lot of designed QB RPOs with Jalen Hurts who rushed for 784yds this year. Traditionally the Eagles would try to run the ball and kill the clock to keep the ball out of Brady's hands, but Brady and this band of patchwork receiving corps shouldn't garner that kind of respect. Tampa D will be the difference in this game, with their ability to stop the run...They were 3rd best in the league in stopping what PHI does best, and that should be enough to win this game. Having said that, this is where I can see the upset of the week happening.

SF @ DAL.... San Fran is the sexy pick in the Wildcard round. First, they're playing perhaps the biggest chokers in the history of sports...but also, they themselves are playing at a high level and give off that perfect "dark horse" vibe. However, this Cowboy team is a more complete team than some of the ones we've seen fail miserably in past playoffs. They actually have a Defense that can disrupt and take away the ball in a variety of ways. Imo, the addition of Micah Parsons gives them the best Dline in the playoffs, and I don't know how well Jimmy G is going to respond to team that can bring tremendous pressure without the blitz. It's easier said than done, but if the Cowboys D can slow down Deebo Samuel, it's game over. I'm going with DAL.

PIT @ KC... After backing in to the playoffs, Roethlisberger wants the Steelers to "just go out and have fun"!! That's exactly the kind of mindset that will get your ass kicked in the playoffs. At this point Ben is the lowest rated QB in the playoffs and he's going up against one of the best. I'm not sold on the Chiefs as a legit SB contender yet, but I fully expect them to be able to handle the Steelers at home.

ARZ @ LAR...I'm calling for a blowout! The Rams will make a statement in the Wildcard round, and announce themselves as serious contenders in the NFC. These two have split their season series, winning at each other's home. Rams were the more impressive victors, with their win coming later in the season and a better indicator of where the teams are today.
Pretty much agree with all of em. I hope you and Faded are correct re: SF vs. Dallas......I'd agree it's going to be a tough one but hoping Dallas can neutralize the stuff LAR were not able to. I'm not sure LAR will blow out the Cards.....I just saw too many weaknesses against both the Titans and Niners unless those were letdown games.......but there really was no reason they should have been letdowns...Niners had more on the line but LAR had seeding and the division title on the line and backed into the division title. Really a shameful performance at home and in particular playing against a largely niner crowd at that. KC and CIN are pretty obvious....no contests there. TB is so inconsistent even against tomato cans so yeah PHI has a shot. Brady lost a key receiver in AB so who knows. But I'd expect Brady and Co. to once again turn it up a notch in the playoffs and begin to dominate. Your Bills game is the great unknown and most competitive game I think. That's the toughest of all the games to pick. 50/50 toss up IMO.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Oh, btw, I expect half the Jerrahdome crowd to be those roach fans from the Bay Area....they show up everywhere just like roaches. I remember a preseason game a few years back where they took over most of the stadium. I can't explain the phenomenon other than the rich Silicon Valleyites can afford to travel anywhere anytime and can afford the lofty prices of tickets whenever they want. Anyone else have a better explanation?? Why are they the only team that shows up like that whenever they are a contender???? Yeah you get GB/DEN/KC etc etc fans doing that but not to that extent where half the stadium or more is taken over. Raider Nation is Raider Nation, they used to take over SD but I don't think you see them taking over 50% -75% of a stadium like this anymore. Thoughts??

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Oh, btw, I expect half the Jerrahdome crowd to be those roach fans from the Bay Area....they show up everywhere just like roaches. I remember a preseason game a few years back where they took over most of the stadium. I can't explain the phenomenon other than the rich Silicon Valleyites can afford to travel anywhere anytime and can afford the lofty prices of tickets whenever they want. Anyone else have a better explanation?? Why are they the only team that shows up like that whenever they are a contender???? Yeah you get GB/DEN/KC etc etc fans doing that but not to that extent where half the stadium or more is taken over. Raider Nation is Raider Nation, they used to take over SD but I don't think you see them taking over 50% -75% of a stadium like this anymore. Thoughts??
My new definition of contender is team that make me money in sports betting.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
I guess your "rich Silicon Vallyite" theory is a factor; but when I look in the stands at the games that I've been to, and when the cameras pan over to the crowds on TV, I don't see a lot of that type of fan in the stands. Football is still a working man's game, it just takes a much bigger chunk of his paycheck now. Of course, I'm mostly in the East Coast and football mentality is kind of different on this side of the continent. What I can tell you is that in the East, it's the Pat*s fans that are everywhere. They travel in plane loads and I've been to games where they've taken over opposing stadiums...something that's hard to do in a town like Buffalo. I don't think that was the case before 2001, so I attribute much of their traveling fanbase to people wanting to associate themselves with a winner....Same thing could be said for the 49'ers in the West Coast. 49'ers are the Pat*s of the West!!