AFSF Playoff Survivor Pool!

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
The AFC playoff picture got all jumbled up over the weekend! The Titans are now the number 1 seed at 6-2, but they just lost the ONE player that they couldn't afford to lose. That leaves BUF, BAL, and LVR as the remaining 5-2 contenders; and behind them there are many in the mix at 4-4 or better. The Bengals loss to the Jets has them at 5-3...and the AFC North now has 3 teams above .500 and the Browns at 4-4! The AFC West picture also became far more unclear, with the LAC now looking shaky at 4-3.
I guess one could say that the power pendulum has finally shifted towards the NFC, with powerhouses like ARZ, DAL, LAR, and TB emerging out of the Conference; but I still believe that the best team in the NFL are the Buffalo Bills, and from top to bottom the AFC still has better talent at the key positions and especially at QB. This weeks roster of games features no less than 8 inter-Conference games, and serve as a good litmus test for where the power lies in the NFL.

GB @ KC and TEN @ LAR should be awesome games.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
The AFC playoff picture got all jumbled up over the weekend! The Titans are now the number 1 seed at 6-2, but they just lost the ONE player that they couldn't afford to lose. That leaves BUF, BAL, and LVR as the remaining 5-2 contenders; and behind them there are many in the mix at 4-4 or better. The Bengals loss to the Jets has them at 5-3...and the AFC North now has 3 teams above .500 and the Browns at 4-4! The AFC West picture also became far more unclear, with the LAC now looking shaky at 4-3.
I guess one could say that the power pendulum has finally shifted towards the NFC, with powerhouses like ARZ, DAL, LAR, and TB emerging out of the Conference; but I still believe that the best team in the NFL are the Buffalo Bills, and from top to bottom the AFC still has better talent at the key positions and especially at QB. This weeks roster of games features no less than 8 inter-Conference games, and serve as a good litmus test for where the power lies in the NFL.

GB @ KC and TEN @ LAR should be awesome games.

When will the incorrectly named AFC Survivor Playoff Season have a winner?
And when will the real HOF Playoff Top Seven Lock In Poll begin?
That Poll will carry all entries down to the last week.

And have 12 different tie breakers. Might actually create a few lawsuits.
:)

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
When will the incorrectly named AFC Survivor Playoff Season have a winner?
And when will the real HOF Playoff Top Seven Lock In Poll begin?
That Poll will carry all entries down to the last week.

And have 12 different tie breakers. Might actually create a few lawsuits.
:)
I tried to change the thread name to a more correct version, but the system didn't let me do it...but the end to this one could be near. I don't have a strike yet, but having picked all the good teams already, I'll have a hard time navigating the rest of the schedule. Kwak's margin for error is much smaller...he already has a couple of strikes against him.
Survivor Pools are fun...especially when there are lots of players. It's too bad we don't have the numbers here that we once had, and out of the ones still here, some chose not to participate.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I tried to change the thread name to a more correct version, but the system didn't let me do it...but the end to this one could be near. I don't have a strike yet, but having picked all the good teams already, I'll have a hard time navigating the rest of the schedule. Kwak's margin for error is much smaller...he already has a couple of strikes against him.
Survivor Pools are fun...especially when there are lots of players. It's too bad we don't have the numbers here that we once had, and out of the ones still here, some chose not to participate.
I like it.

What I don't like is having a 2nd or 3rd WC team into the “playoffs.”
Pointless but profitable.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
The Colts weren't available to me on Thursday...But I was pretty confident they were going to win...I even bet them at -10.5!

HOU @ MIA...two 1-7 teams...should be interesting to see what happens now that they couldn't reach a deal for Watson.

I'm going the Dolphins this week...Lock it!

Kwak

May 25, 2006
Wait a second...let's unlock that!

Tyrod Taylor is playing and Tua Tagovailoa is not...So I think I'm better off with Dak and the 'Boys! Lock it !!
I was wondering about that pick. That game game is a coin flip.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
The Texans have also not won since Week 1. Houston was down 38-0 at the end of the third quarter in the Week 8 loss to the Rams. Davis Mills was sacked five times and hit nine times. Tyrod Taylor, who has not played since Week 2 because of a hamstring injury, is expected to start on Sunday.

Houston is worst in the league in touchdowns allowed, with 29 on the season. The Texans are 31st in the league in rushing at 76.1 yards per game. Christian Kirksey (thumb) is out for Sunday's game.

And they are paying a guy to not play, and charging people cash for tickets to watch.
And the League is hiding its own reports. Folks still are encouraged to gamble on the outcome.

And that's called professional sports.

Kwak

May 25, 2006
Are you fucking kidding me!!!! Fu Buffalo.
Congrats Hov!
I am the kiss of death. :roflmao:

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
What’s your poison my friend? It’s on me this year.
I’ll pitch in. Send me a PayPal
I guess I won the Pool, even with the bonehead move of changing my pick from MIA to DAL at the last minute! Sorry Kwak, that was a tough way to go out!!

As far as the prize goes; your participation and involvement is good enough for me. As the organizer of this small pool, I had already purchased the prize for the winner, and as of last night both containers were cracked open and consumed heartily. A shot went down to your collective health and prosperity!! CHEERS!
prize 2.jpg

Reactions: Kwak and Gill Man

Kwak

May 25, 2006
I guess I won the Pool, even with the bonehead move of changing my pick from MIA to DAL at the last minute! Sorry Kwak, that was a tough way to go out!!

As far as the prize goes; your participation and involvement is good enough for me. As the organizer of this small pool, I had already purchased the prize for the winner, and as of last night both containers were cracked open and consumed heartily. A shot went down to your collective health and prosperity!! CHEERS!View attachment 9051
I just want what is in the blue jar :D
Also what is that bottle? Can't make out the label in the picture.

I'm starting to dislike texas more each day. Too many people with there heads up their asses on social issues and racism is a part of the culture.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017

I'm starting to dislike texas more each day. Too many people with there heads up their asses on social issues and racism is a part of the culture.
My roommate long ago said about,
Texas they should build a 400 foot wall around it and flood it.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018

The blue jar was BC Strawnana...A British Colombia Strawberry Banana Indica...Tasty and potent...came in at around 32%THC!!

The bottle is Grand Mayan Tequila extra aged. The site wasn't letting me post the original pic. so I had to bring down the resolution to make it fit.

Can't speak on Texas...I've never been there. But I've scoured the earth in search of a place where people's heads and asses are not in some way intertwined, and social issues and racism of some sort aren't part of the culture...I haven't found it yet! Good luck to you, hope things get better for you in Texas!
The land borders opened yesterday, so we're planning on heading down to Myrtle Beach to visit my daughter. I'm hoping to hit a Panthers game while I'm down there!

Reactions: ThunderHorse17

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
The blue jar was BC Strawnana...A British Colombia Strawberry Banana Indica...Tasty and potent...came in at around 32%THC!!

The bottle is Grand Mayan Tequila extra aged. The site wasn't letting me post the original pic. so I had to bring down the resolution to make it fit.

Can't speak on Texas...I've never been there. But I've scoured the earth in search of a place where people's heads and asses are not in some way intertwined, and social issues and racism of some sort aren't part of the culture...I haven't found it yet! Good luck to you, hope things get better for you in Texas!
The land borders opened yesterday, so we're planning on heading down to Myrtle Beach to visit my daughter. I'm hoping to hit a Panthers game while I'm down there!

South Carolina eh.....you know there's two Panther teams in the area..
...but not one in SC....... Canuck, watch your step.

And Tell your daughter, the Forum loves their HOF.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina eh.....you know there's two Panther teams in the area..
...but not one in SC....... Canuck, watch your step.

And Tell your daughter, the Forum loves their HOF.

Thanks Harry, I'm aware that the NFL Panthers play in Charlotte, NC...I'm assuming the other Panthers team you're talking about is the Florida Panthers of the NHL, but I'm not going to make it that far south, and I already get plenty of NHL action right here in Toronto!

I'm planning on heading straight down to Philadelphia for a night, and from there I'm going to slowly make my way down the Delaware peninsula and take the NC-12 along the "Outer Banks" to the Carolina coast and down to Myrtle Beach. I've heard a lot about NC-12 as a must experience and I'm looking forward to the drive. I understand there are a several bridges and a couple ferries to complete the journey.

1636553712544.png

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Looks like a great trip. Was in Toronto-Montreal two (3?) years ago for vacation, just great.

My LA Kings beat the Maple Leafs, then the Habs. Winning against Canadian teams
on the road. Wow.

Suziki of Habs has several hard checks on Kings. Then....it was the veteran Dustin Brown.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Looks like a great trip. Was in Toronto-Montreal two (3?) years ago for vacation, just great.

My LA Kings beat the Maple Leafs, then the Habs. Winning against Canadian teams
on the road. Wow.

Suziki of Habs has several hard checks on Kings. Then....it was the veteran Dustin Brown.

I'm so happy that you enjoyed your time up here. Toronto and Montreal are 550Km apart on the map, but they're about as different as you could get culturally! I've lived in both cities, but my heart is still in Montreal!! If you ever choose to come up again, please let me know...It would be an honor have you as my guest!

I saw the Kings beat the Leafs the other night...It's going to be a long season and lot can happen between now and the playoffs, but like Montreal showed last year, a lot more can happen when you get there!! Good luck with your Kings!

Harry, I don't want to rain on your parade, because I'm happy to find out you're a Kings fan; but to tell you the truth, many of the complaints you have with the NFL are how I feel about today's NHL. Garry Bettman changed our game in to an American TV friendly sport that no longer resembles the hockey I grew up with.
This is when the Quebec Nordiques used to play the Habs in the playoffs:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I'm so happy that you enjoyed your time up here. Toronto and Montreal are 550Km apart on the map, but they're about as different as you could get culturally! I've lived in both cities, but my heart is still in Montreal!! If you ever choose to come up again, please let me know...It would be an honor have you as my guest!

I saw the Kings beat the Leafs the other night...It's going to be a long season and lot can happen between now and the playoffs, but like Montreal showed last year, a lot more can happen when you get there!! Good luck with your Kings!

Harry, I don't want to rain on your parade, because I'm happy to find out you're a Kings fan; but to tell you the truth, many of the complaints you have with the NFL are how I feel about today's NHL. Garry Bettman changed our game in to an American TV friendly sport that no longer resembles the hockey I grew up with.
This is when the Quebec Nordiques used to play the Habs in the playoffs:
The Game
1. How was there any players left to finish the game with all the game misconducts?
2. I trust the Quebec Goalie was the towel boy after the org. goalie(s) were tossed.
3. I wish then...and even now....the refs has tazers to break up these dances. Probably get EverReady to sponsor a section of rink board.
4. Eric Lindros affair a la Chargers...Aubut vs. Spanos......but Nordiques came out pretty good on that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Faded Blues

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
The Game
1. How was there any players left to finish the game with all the game misconducts?
2. I trust the Quebec Goalie was the towel boy after the org. goalie(s) were tossed.
3. I wish then...and even now....the refs has tazers to break up these dances. Probably get EverReady to sponsor a section of rink board.
4. Eric Lindros affair a la Chargers...Aubut vs. Spanos......but Nordiques came out pretty good on that one.
The Game was different in the 70's and 80's, even more so in the eras before. Half the players today wouldn't have survived -I mean that literally!- in those days, and many of the greats of the old game may not have been so great playing today's game! Nobody liked the bench clearing brawls that the Bruins and Flyers introduced to the game in the early 70's, but the game ALWAYS had a way of policing itself which took away a lot of the "chippiness" that imho is ruining the game. I don't know if you ever played the game -it's a legal requirement here to get your citizenship card!- but as a player you didn't mind a couple of fights a game as much as 60 minutes of "stick work" and dirty play....and only fans that really didn't understand the game were the ones that wanted it gone. The game allowed skill players to have the ice to do what they do, because if you were constantly hacking at the wrist of a star player, there would be a goon that would ask you politely to stop it, and if you didn't?....Well, either you, or the goon on your team would be forced settle the score in a the purest form of pugilist justice in all sports!!! Of course if your name happened to be Gordie Howe, you made your own room on the ice!
A couple of good hockey fights would last a couple of minutes -sometimes a few seconds- but often would set the tempo for the rest of the game; instead of what you have right now, which is an entire game of clutch and hold and vicious stick work...More importantly, a game that used to police itself, is now in the hands of the Referees! Have you ever noticed, a team down 2 goals that had 3 consecutive penalties called against them automatically gets the next powerplay??!! Even the announcers expect it!! The "instigator" call? Game Misconduct for fighting? Would Gordie Howe even be able to play in this league, let alone be recognized as one of it's greatest?? Gordie would've dropped the gloves 3-4 times a period with the amount of tolerance he showed for the dirty stick work that goes on regularly in today!! Wayne Gretzky wasn't anywhere close to the skater that some of the better players today are, but he got to skate freely up and down the ice and break every scoring record known to man, because if you so much as breathed heavily on him, Dave Semenko (RIP) would make sure you'd need medical assistance to leave the arena!

Hockey, just like football, basketball, baseball and all the other professional sports has evolved to suit it's general audience's taste; and just like with every generation, older fans like us don't have to like the changes, but do have to learn to accept them....otherwise we could end up on sparsely populated virtual sidewalk, shouting out our displeasure at unsuspecting passersby!!

Kwak

May 25, 2006

Well here’s a gathering of the fucking nuts in Dallas.

I am have been thinking that Canada would be a nice place to live.

So you are in Vancouver. I have a bunch of family in Seattle area.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Well here’s a gathering of the fucking nuts in Dallas.

I am have been thinking that Canada would be a nice place to live.

So you are in Vancouver. I have a bunch of family in Seattle area.
No one can create a good god/demon based cult anymore.
So folks believe in their own made up things. Science has a lot of
demonstrable facts. I mean, you gotta be against that.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Hey, I think I'll just stick my game calls in here from now on.

I don't care if people don't like football here, or the NFL sucks ass or whatever...this week has some GREAT matchups in games that are becoming more and more meaningful with each week. The Thanksgiving games on Thursday start off with a dud, but the other two are intriguing inter-Conference matchups...CHI @ DET, LV @ DAL and BUF @ NO. I'm going with DET, DAL, and BUF on a 3 game teaser.

There are more good games on Sunday than there are duds.

PIT @ CIN....Both teams are capable of making the playoffs, but it's likely that only one will...this game could decide that.

TB @ IND...Tampa may have righted ship last night against the NYG, but Indi just burst in to the scene in a big way with that win over BUF. I've been following IND for most of the season and they're now officially the "dark horse" in the AFC!

TEN @ NE...If at the start of the season I told you that Bill Belichick would have a home game in Week 12 to grab the 1st Seed in the AFC; you'd say he'd have to be the GOAT...Yes, he is!

LAR @ GB...Let's see if the Rams can use all the east coast weaponry they got - Stafford and OBJ - to win a game in late Nov. at Lambeau...because if they don't do it now, they might have to go back there in January, and that won't be as pleasant. If you're like me, not sold on Arizona, then this could be a NFCCG preview.

MIN @ SF....There's only room for ONE dark horse in the NFC, and after this one we'll know who that will be! Honestly, these are two of the best teams in the league over the past two weeks and this should be dogfight!

CLE @ BAL...If CLE want to start playing with the big boys in the playground, they will have to go in to the City that took their team and currently own the Division and prove themselves. Lamar Jackson -didn't play last week- is getting better as a QB, which is a scary thought!

OK I guess this one makes the cut too...
LAC @ DEN...After a tumultuous beginning to the season that saw DEN leading the West and KC at the bottom of the Division; order has somewhat be restored. There's room for only ONE contender to KC in the West and this game should settle that.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Pittsburg tie will have an effect.
Divisional game wins will count less with 17 games unless there's a tie in the Division Winner.
Your seventh (!) third WC will keep everyone in it till the last week.
With only three to four no real chance teams, good teams will have play all players to ensure they get in.
The no.1 seed in each Conference will have a ridiculous advantage.
If Bucs get no.1 seed, Brady may make it back to the SB, if Bucs are no. 2 or 3,
No Brady back. Yes, they did it last year, but I say, not this time.
Four Division winners, two WC, I think,from the AFC Central,
third team, Colts or Titans from the South.

Last edited:
Reactions: handoverfist

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Hey, I think I'll just stick my game calls in here from now on.

I don't care if people don't like football here, or the NFL sucks ass or whatever...this week has some GREAT matchups in games that are becoming more and more meaningful with each week. The Thanksgiving games on Thursday start off with a dud, but the other two are intriguing inter-Conference matchups...CHI @ DET, LV @ DAL and BUF @ NO. I'm going with DET, DAL, and BUF on a 3 game teaser.

There are more good games on Sunday than there are duds.

PIT @ CIN....Both teams are capable of making the playoffs, but it's likely that only one will...this game could decide that.

TB @ IND...Tampa may have righted ship last night against the NYG, but Indi just burst in to the scene in a big way with that win over BUF. I've been following IND for most of the season and they're now officially the "dark horse" in the AFC!

TEN @ NE...If at the start of the season I told you that Bill Belichick would have a home game in Week 12 to grab the 1st Seed in the AFC; you'd say he'd have to be the GOAT...Yes, he is!

LAR @ GB...Let's see if the Rams can use all the east coast weaponry they got - Stafford and OBJ - to win a game in late Nov. at Lambeau...because if they don't do it now, they might have to go back there in January, and that won't be as pleasant. If you're like me, not sold on Arizona, then this could be a NFCCG preview.

MIN @ SF....There's only room for ONE dark horse in the NFC, and after this one we'll know who that will be! Honestly, these are two of the best teams in the league over the past two weeks and this should be dogfight!

CLE @ BAL...If CLE want to start playing with the big boys in the playground, they will have to go in to the City that took their team and currently own the Division and prove themselves. Lamar Jackson -didn't play last week- is getting better as a QB, which is a scary thought!

OK I guess this one makes the cut too...
LAC @ DEN...After a tumultuous beginning to the season that saw DEN leading the West and KC at the bottom of the Division; order has somewhat be restored. There's room for only ONE contender to KC in the West and this game should settle that.
Interesting. I'll have to see what my local market offers up for free to see games.

Reactions: handoverfist

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Pittsburg tie will have an effect.
Divisional game wins will count less with 17 games unless there's a tie in the Division Winner.
Your seventh (!) third WC will keep everyone in it till the last week.
With only three to four no real chance teams, good teams will have play all players to ensure they get in.
The no.1 seed in each Conference will have a ridiculous advantage.
If Bucs get no.1 seed, Brady may make it back to the SB, if Bucs are no. 2 or 3,
No Brady back. Yes, they did it last year, but I say, not this time.
Four Division winners, two WC, I think,from the AFC Central,
third team, Colts or Titans from the South.
AFC Central...that's one you don't hear much anymore. Like the Norris in the NHL!!

For a guy who's supposedly not been paying attention, your analysis is suspiciously accurate! :sneaky:

I think the PIT tie also has relevance in the 1st pick overall...There are currently three 2-8 team, all in the AFC, and the tie frees up DET to win one game between now and the end of the season and still maintain the 1st pick. That win will come in the most unlikely matchup....It may come on Thanksgiving against the Bears, but if it doesn't, I'm circling Dec 19th when the play Arizona at home!!

Tampa looked really good on Monday. This is about the same time last year when they got everything firing on all cylinders. I thought last year the catalyst was Antonio Brown coming in towards the end of the season and developing instant chemistry with Brady...He's been absent for several weeks and getting him back will be vital in their hopes for repeating. What makes TB scary is the fact that their Defense can win them games on their own. They're No.1 against the Run, giving up half the average yardage the LAC D give up the ground!! Imho, winning championships starts with the ability to stop the RUN...apparently that's yet another philosophy that Johnny boy and I don't share!

The AFC South picture got murky last week. Titans quickly realized that you can't just plug in an old broken down horse and expect him to do what Derrick Henry was doing...They released Adrian Peterson yesterday! The loss at home to the Texans came in bad weather and that may have had something to do with the 4 Ints and 2 fumbles that Ryan Tannehill was responsible for, but without a bigtime running game, he will have to earn that big contract and step up in the passing game...I don't know if he can do that. Indi on the other hand already has someone who can do what Derrick Henry was doing...Jonathan Taylor!! This kid is quickly becoming one of my favorite players in the NFL...Humble, soft spoken, smart, and one heck of a runner! His 5 TD game against BUF was even more impressive when you consider he rushed for 185 yards against the No. 1 Overall D in the league...I'm definitely looking forward to see what he can do against the Tampa D this weekend!