• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AFSF Pick the Winner - Divisional Round

wrbanwal

Saturday, January 12
Indianapolis
Kansas City
4:35 PM NBC Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City

Dallas
Los Angeles
8:15 PM FOX Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles

Sunday, January 13
Los Angeles
New England
1:05 PM CBS Gillette Stadium, Foxboro

Philadelphia
New Orleans
4:40 PM FOX Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans

Saturday, January 12
Indianapolis
Kansas City

Dallas
Los Angeles

Sunday, January 13
Los Angeles
New England

Philadelphia
New Orleans

The only one I will probably get wrong is the Cowboys game. The League historically would make sure Dallas wins game, but, because the Rams are still trying to build a fan base in the nation's second largest market, they might be allowed to win.

The Colts game is also iffy. I am assuming the League will go with the white quarterback, but maybe the new Chiefs QB is popular enough to break through barriers.

Brees has made it into Rogers territory for popularity so I am fairly confident he will beat the nameless Eagles. Plus, the Eagles won last year. Philly is one of those cities like Cleveland where the fan base is too loyal and too regional to build a dynasty without some sort of superstar. The NFL makes the same money off those fans whether the team wins or loses. Plus you are only going to find Eagles fans who have some connection to Philly. The Eagles aren't a national team like the Packers, Steelers, or Cowboys, who got fans from all over and will be eternally hyped and helped as contenders.

The Patriots' win over the Spanoses is guaranteed. Brady will be in the Super Bowl until the League anoints a replacement star. And that star won't be Rivers or any player for a fanless team.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Saturday, January 12
Indianapolis
Kansas City <-- Has no D to speak of

Dallas
Los Angeles <-- has a D to speak of, can cover for Goff

Sunday, January 13
Los Angeles <-- The better team 'this year'
New England

Philadelphia
New Orleans <-- too much to stop, they going to the dance.

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #BoatUp #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Another weekend of NFL playoffs another weekend of me doing this.

Saturday, January 12
Indianapolis
Kansas City

Dallas
Los Angeles

Sunday, January 13
Los Angeles
New England

Philadelphia
New Orleans

The only one I will probably get wrong is the Cowboys game. The League historically would make sure Dallas wins game, but, because the Rams are still trying to build a fan base in the nation's second largest market, they might be allowed to win.

The Colts game is also iffy. I am assuming the League will go with the white quarterback, but maybe the new Chiefs QB is popular enough to break through barriers.

Brees has made it into Rogers territory for popularity so I am fairly confident he will beat the nameless Eagles. Plus, the Eagles won last year. Philly is one of those cities like Cleveland where the fan base is too loyal and too regional to build a dynasty without some sort of superstar. The NFL makes the same money off those fans whether the team wins or loses. Plus you are only going to find Eagles fans who have some connection to Philly. The Eagles aren't a national team like the Packers, Steelers, or Cowboys, who got fans from all over and will be eternally hyped and helped as contenders.

The Patriots' win over the Spanoses is guaranteed. Brady will be in the Super Bowl until the League anoints a replacement star. And that star won't be Rivers or any player for a fanless team.
Well. The one I thought I'd get wrong, and the one I knew was iffy took me to 0-2 this week. At this point, I am guaranteed to have my most innacurate set of picks of the NFL year. Tomorrow I will get at least one right and most likely will get both right. I should have just picked the Patriots win and nothing else.

Mr. Joe Willie Quetzalcoatl.
I hope I can dig up my posts early in the season saying the Spanoses would win until they played the Steelers or Patriots in the post season. I later moderated that to say the Spanoses would make the post season without a post season home game. I said all this without watching the sport. How could this all be true unless it is rigged?