• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AFSF Pick the Winner - Conference Championship - Who gets to go to the SB - FUDEAN Thread

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
As much as I love Mahomes and as much as I like the Rams to kick the spanos' azz again, I gotta go with Pats and Saints in the SB. Just a hunch, these are gonna be 2 great conference championship games with the best 4 teams in the NFL remaining.

Harryo the K

Chiefs vs. Rams.

I think the Chiefs go crazy and I think the Rams have enough firepower to hang with the Saints. Both games may well turn on a referee's calls (esp. if what I've seen so far this year is the norm.)

Hard to say because the Patriots are a completely different animal on the road (3-5) versus at home (9-0). Because of that, I think NE will only win by a little instead of a lot against KC, the worst remaining team and not one of the 4 best teams overall (maybe not one of the 7 best teams overall).

I think the Saints will win by 2+ scores against the Rams, who looked very vulnerable against a Cowboys team that is nowhere near as good as NO in the dome.

With these 4 options, I will be rooting for the Saints.

It will probably be Brady vs Brees but Chiefs vs Rams part II would be incredible.
I am trying to remember a Chiefs-Rams Super Bowl. Did the Chiefs make another Super Bowl after losing Super Bowl I against Lombardi? Imagine if they won and the trophy were called the Stram.

Last edited:
NE Chiefs is gonna be a freezer bowl. Not as bad as Sd v Cincy but in the single digits or a negative number. That should favor NE’s power run game and dunk and dunk offense.

Saints Rams will be interesting. Earlier this season Saints went way up, Rams almost caught them and Saints ultimately won. I think the Saints given the home field advantage but they haven’t looked great lately. Barely beat Philly and Dallas throttled them. Toss up

I don't think that weather forcast is current. Granted I'm lookin at the mid Missouri forcast that says 18° is the low on Sunday real feel of 12° and only 3% chance of precipitation.

Also I just learned last week that arrowhead field is heated. (We are kinda used to dependable cold spells round here) And the projected temp on the field between the 30 yd lines will be around 50° to the players. Now inside the 30s, not so warm. Bottom line I don't see the weather affecting either teams gameplans.

This game to me looks like it could be the end of a dynasty and the beginning of the next. Or Goodell wants to send Brady bb and kraft a possible farewell SB trophy.

I'm going to agree that the nfl preferred match up is Brady Brees.

Personally of the 4 left I am all in on the Saints. I work with a lone rams fan and I couldn't stand him if they get there and win. My second favorite team of the 4 is now the Chiefs.

And a almost all Missouri super bowl would be fun to watch. The team that left vs the team that's left.

One lucky guy at work got a 500 dollar ticket 22nd row 50 yd line home side for 150 bucks. Someone else won ticks and parking pass on radio and jus wanted to get rid of them. Good on him this could be the biggest game they play in Arrowhead.

The nfl is desperate to get the rams in the super bowl.

They need to sell the psls and fill the seats for the rams.

The rams will win.

I can’t figure the other game out.

Every time, I think I find an angle, I find another one to replace that one.

The chiefs are the better team but the way the pats destroyed the chargers makes me worried.

The rams will win.

The chiefs are the better team but the way the pats destroyed the chargers makes me worried.
Well if Goodell wanted to make it up to the Rams he’d send the Pats in there to atone for Spygate.

The rams will win.

It just makes me wonder if the pats game plan will hold up vs a legit team with legit coaching oh and to match the great kraft a legit ownership.

The Chiefs top to bottom ARE everything the nfl loves to try to force down your throat as the greatest thing since sliced bread. AND like their last love obsession, frozen pizza aka the Patriots the Chiefs can make the rise out of virtual obscurity to dynasty and it could take up to 5 titles in 10 years before the we hate this team always being in the playoffs wagon grows as much as this anti patriots in the bowl attitude has permeated the mass of consumers.

It's real I have been hearing it from every nfl fan I meet on a daily basis. "I'm sick of the Patriots in the superbowl" Me too, I say. But I was sick of them 3 trophies ago.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
It just makes me wonder if the pats game plan will hold up vs a legit team with legit coaching oh and to match the great kraft a legit ownership.

The Chiefs top to bottom ARE everything the nfl loves to try to force down your throat as the greatest thing since sliced bread. AND like their last love obsession, frozen pizza aka the Patriots the Chiefs can make the rise out of virtual obscurity to dynasty and it could take up to 5 titles in 10 years before the we hate this team always being in the playoffs wagon grows as much as this anti patriots in the bowl attitude has permeated the mass of consumers.

It's real I have been hearing it from every nfl fan I meet on a daily basis. "I'm sick of the Patriots in the superbowl" Me too, I say. But I was sick of them 3 trophies ago.
I would love to see KC have ten years of superiority in the AFC West. It is quite possible.