1. Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

AFSF Game Day Thread, Week 14

Discussion in 'American Football' started by Concudan, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,129
    Here are the following playoff clinching scenarios for Week 14 of the 2018 NFL season. Click here for a full breakdown of the AFC and NFC playoff pictures.

NFC
    CLINCHED: Los Angeles Rams -- NFC West division title

Los Angeles Rams (11-1) (at Chicago (8-4), Sunday night, 8:20 p.m. ET, NBC)

Los Angeles clinches a first round bye with:
    1) LAR win

New Orleans Saints (10-2) (at Tampa Bay (5-7), Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, FOX)

New Orleans clinches NFC South division title with:
    1) NO win or tie OR
    2) CAR loss or tie

New Orleans clinches a playoff berth with:
    1) MIN loss + PHI loss or tie + WAS loss or tie

AFC
    Kansas City Chiefs (10-2) (vs. Baltimore (7-5), Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, CBS)

Kansas City clinches a playoff berth with:
    1) KC win or tie OR
    2) MIA loss or tie + IND loss or tie + TEN loss or tie

New England Patriots (9-3) (at Miami (6-6), Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, CBS)

New England clinches AFC East division title with:
    1) NE win or tie

Houston Texans (9-3) (vs. Indianapolis (6-6), Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, CBS)

Houston clinches AFC South division title with:
    1) HOU win + TEN loss or tie OR
    2) HOU tie + TEN loss

Los Angeles Chargers (9-3) (vs. Cincinnati (5-7), Sunday, 4:05 p.m. ET, CBS)
    Los Angeles clinches a playoff berth with:
    1) LAC win + MIA loss or tie + DEN loss or tie + IND loss or tie + TEN loss or tie OR 2) LAC tie + MIA loss + DEN loss + IND loss or tie + TEN loss or tie as long as both IND and TEN both don't tie

Enjoy the games, and be sure to chat us up while you are gloating or raging at the TV!

upload_2018-12-6_8-9-32.png

2. handoverfist

handoverfist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    There's just too many ++++ and "or"s attached to LAC to be included in that list...Let's just say they can't clinch anything this week!...And that's with a win; God forbid;), they can clench and lay a stinker at home against CIN!:eek:

3. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,129
    Oh ye of little faith. You act like you don't care for the team at all!

I read it as
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +514
    If Tennessee wins tonight the Chargers cant clinch. We can think about them clinching if Tennessee loses.

5. handoverfist

handoverfist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    You're right, it's all an act!...I actually do care!...I care for them to lose!

I used to follow the stadium issue in SD from afar, and had identified Dean for who he turned out to be by 2010...I was as vocal in my support of the Chargers, as I was with my sharp disdain for Dean and his sons...I felt then, as I truly believe now, that there was nothing -not even a publicly funded downtown stadium- that could've kept the Chargers in SD...I was told by some of my good bolt brothers in the UT forum -sometimes not so politely- that my attitude was counterproductive to their efforts to keep the team in SD.... I remember feeling that fanatic passion towards the team had blinded them to what I could see clearly as a pattern of lies and misdirection leading towards an imminent departure...They thought they could make a difference through measure C & D in 2015, when I knew -sitting all the way in Barbados- that Spanos would never allow the measures to have a chance.
    Through it all I remained loyal to the team that had served as a special bond to the city of my youth....In Barbados you can go to any bar or rum shop and say the CHAJAFAN sent me, and you will get a free drink!...I set up the NFL Fan Club of Barbados and we used to have over 50 local fans of various teams at Bubba's Sports Bar for gamedays!...Chargers have been a part of my identity for longer than I care to remember, but I admit that towards the end of their time in SD I was jaded...I believe Spanos, or the powers behind the move, perpetrated what amounts to a scotched earth policy towards the fans in SD and by extension the Charger Nation -if you can call it that...I believe the team's performance on the field and the front office's behavior towards coaching and player acquisition, was purposefully impeded and designed to facilitate the move....For ME, this was the last straw....The high draft pick studs like James and Bosa that you cheer for to anchor what looks to be a solid D in LA, are a direct result of Dean's final FU to SD, 9 wins in their last 2 years in town!
    In my life, I've instinctively been loyal to a fault....Many times, it's been shown that my loyalties were misplaced, and it's always painful when that happens...However, I've seldom felt pain like the sharp stab of Dean's betrayal and treason, and can honestly say that I will NEVER forgive him for taking what was once so dear to me.
    I grew up with my grand parents and parents -all gone now- always repeating the same old sayings...I remember one in particular: die for someone who runs a fever for you!....I guess I'm old enough to know what it means now!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,838
    Generally this forum is only conditioned to endure posts this long from the dark side of the force... :tdown:

but keep this up, young Jedi, and some of us may be coaxed away from our TL(& full of b.s.)DNR default mode...

7. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,463
    Damn there you go again! You need to be writing like Ryan Phillips.....he scortches spanos all the time and does it incisively just like you do......you sure you arent' him ????????;):D Truly a great epic post and this is exactly the way I feel and why I feel the way I do towards that owner and thusly that team. I simply cannot ignore who the owner is and what he did to get to where he is now, and then cheer on that m-fer or his team. Simply cannot forgive it, ever. Too many years invested in that franchise and cheering for them emotionally and financially, and half of it before spanos ever came to town, to forgive what he did to my dream of one day cheering for them in a parade having won the Lombardi for my hometown of SAN DIEGO.......NOT l.a. FUDEAN.

Thanks for another tremendous post. You nailed it brother. Preach on. :tup:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  8. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,223
    Handoverfist.......all you have to do is separate Spanos the owner from the Chargers the team.

You know, adopt your own little reality.

And beytral is a two sided story.

See....was that so hard?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,838
    If the LAC actually win enough to turn part of bandwagon LA from "Go away!!" to "Meh" and ultimately find a "home" in LA,
    it's even possible that the term 'deanlickers' will eventually no longer be a badge of shame, but instead a positive message that
    "Supporting evil behavior is kinda better than having no values at all!"...followed by the semi-cool Bosa shrug.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Fouts

Fouts Go Rams!

Ratings:
    +759
    Go LA rams! Aints struggling against Tampon Bay.

11. DFWBoltFan

DFWBoltFan Where am I?

Ratings:
    +411
    What happened to the Saints?

Miami hanging with the Pats.

12. Fouts

Fouts Go Rams!

Ratings:
    +759
    That Tampa stadium has a lot of empty seats, or maybe they are all getting beer right now, like in Carson.

13. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,223
  14. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +2,152
    Time to get past the Bangles. Bolts to get this win! Go Bolts!

15. DFWBoltFan

DFWBoltFan Where am I?

Ratings:
    +411
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,223
  17. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,463
  18. Fouts

Fouts Go Rams!

Ratings:
    +759
    I know I hate the spanoses but that was a TD.

19. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,463
    what did they do take one away from the Bungles?

20. Fouts

Fouts Go Rams!

Ratings:
    +759
    Yes, their qb scrambled right, dove for the endzone. Knee hit ground millisecond before ball broke goal line, but untouched by D. They ruled it a TD, but under review said he was giving himself up as a QB. As much as Stella Artois will let me recall.

21. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,463
    I thought the QB has to slide to give themselves up? Why could it not be construed as tripping and falling then getting up and running again, if he wasn't touched? Sounds like another judgement call but did not see it soooooo cannot give a definitive. Sounds like you are in good hands with Stella, treat her well.

22. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,223
    Sign Guy.....needs your suggestions.

[​IMG]

Dec 2
    Our last banner flyover of the year will take place December 22nd, Saturday vs the Ravens. This is a nationally televised game by the
    @nflnetwork
    and the perfect opportunity to the show the
    @NFL
    media our banners. What should the banner say?

23. Fouts

Fouts Go Rams!

Ratings:
    +759
    No not touched by Defense, it was a full on dive to try to score.

24. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,463
    then not sure how they come up with "QB giving himself up"......if he's struggling like hell to get to the goal line, I don't thinks so. This sounds like a reach, and a likely result of the stupid rules designed to protect the QB.......they've ruined the game if that is what led to the call. Gotta look at context, instead they over-utilize a rule designed for another purpose. Was he in danger of being killed by a hit while on the ground? I'm guessing not since he apparently survived just fine.

25. Fouts

Fouts Go Rams!

Ratings:
    +759
    Gotta give it up for moving down field, and that 59 yrd field goal.

26. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,463
    How about "Dean Spanos, LA Does Not Want You" , "Dean Spanos, Sell Your Team to a Real Owner", "Dean Spanos, Stick to Apartments", "Dean Spanos, San Diego Hates You", "Dean Spanos, Stop Living in La Jolla". Just to name a few.

27. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +2,077
    Rigged!!

28. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,463
    you mean the Bungles allowed them a FG with 30 sec left in the half? LOLOLOL. What a team. I'm not sure why they kicked FG's......every series for them should be 4 downs whenever they are across mid field. They basically have zero chance to win anyway and their season is over. Fire the HC. Kind of typical for that team for , what , 20 years or more?

Chargers would appear to have a first half motivational issue. Lynn will probably yell at em in the locker room and they'll blow em out the rest of the way. Just a hunch.

29. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,463
    Just an observation to this point: I'm thinking there are no really elite teams other than perhaps the Rams and Saints in the entire league. Then there are a bunch of teams that are inconsistent at best beneath those 2. They show up some weeks and look like world beaters, then throw in mediocre performances for either a half or an entire game and even lose games they should have won. Saints actually lost in Dallas, so they too have their issues, but they came back and at least got their act back together at Tampa.....even though it took them a full half just to even get going. Not impressed completely by ANY NFL team right now. I don't see a clear cut dominant team that will be a lock to win the SB, at least not at this time. The playoffs might clarify some of that as we often see teams who 'dog it' in the regular season and then decide it's time to really get serious once the playoffs begin. We'll see.

30. SDRay

SDRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,623
    Fleet QB Josh Johnson came in to replace Mark Sanchez. He threw a 79 yard TD Pass, ran for another TD and threw for two 2 point conversions for the Redskins.