Keep this up and we might have our 6 today! Great start!I was one off on the win streak thing. They've won five this year, but not six.
- The Padres are 17 games over .500 for the fourth time this season and the first time since June 24. They have not been 18 games over .500 since finishing the 2010 season 90-72. (While the Padres’ 2021 results list them as being 67-49 on Aug. 11, they were not. That record counts a suspended game that was made up in September. They were in fact 66-49 on Aug. 11.)
- Last night gave the Padres their third five-game winning streak of the season. They have yet to win six in a row.
- The Padres are 29-13 (.690) in one-run games, the highest winning percentage in the majors in games decided by one run and tied with the Mariners for the most one-run victories.
- Suarez has a 0.00 ERA in 17 games (19 2/3 innings) at Petco Park. He and Colorado’s Tyler Kinley are the only pitchers to have thrown at least 15 innings at home without allowing a run this season. Overall, Suarez has allowed runs in just two of his past 23 appearances (23 2/3 innings) and has a 1.52 ERA and 29 striekouts in that span.
- Hader didn’t end last night’s save with a change-up, as he remarkably did in Seattle last week, but he did get his second out in the ninth inning with a changeup when Goldschmidt lined out to center field. It was the fourth change-up Hader has thrown since joining the Padres and his 19th in 888 pitches this season. Hader took 12 pitches to close out his 34th save of the season and fifth with the Padres. It was his second-most efficient inning with the Padres. The three sliders and one changeup he threw also made it his most varied arsenal in his past four appearances. Hader has thrown his sinker 80.4 percent of the time over his past seven games.
- Azocar was 1-for-3 last night and is batting 10-for-23 during a seven-game hitting streak.
wow....impressive feat. Maybe we are peaking at the right time
Continuuing issueLeft two on base. Really wanted them to get Profar in.
I dont Know but it’s troubling.jeebus H. tapdancing christ......GS...5-3 redbirds. Martinez looked completely uncomfortable out there....fidgety....looks like he'd rather be anywhere but on that mound.. WTH happened to HIM??
Guy drinks Red Bull and anything caffeinated like it’s water.jeebus H. tapdancing christ......GS...5-3 redbirds. Martinez looked completely uncomfortable out there....fidgety....looks like he'd rather be anywhere but on that mound.. WTH happened to HIM??
today looks like a burned out meth user....wth....Martinez is done,,,,pull him out before it gets totally out of reach...he's not even there today....nice time to break down.Fucking Martinez. Guy drinks too much Red Bull.
We've got 9 outs to get at least 2 runs, it's not over yet!Game set match.
great way to eff yourself up....that stuff oughta be banned as a PED.....you come down off that and crash and burn. He needs to go thru withdrawal. This is not a good thing as he was counted on to be the key setup and utility pithcher....ace of the bullpen....no time to crash and burnGuy drinks Red Bull and anything caffeinated like it’s water.