2023 Padre Season: Don’t Screw it JR., Land of the Rising Or Setting Soto? Good luck in CIN WIL!!! LFGSD!!!!!

Fender57

Blot Talker
Sep 7, 2008
While this isn’t as mindlessly reckless as Junior on a motorcycle, it’s still in the “why the fuck you doing this?!?” category. Wasn’t there another way to give to charity rather than risk your life?

Reactions: Faded Blues

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
RIP Gaylord Perry, who won Cy Young with the Padres in 1978.

Didn’t he and jones pitch on the padres at the same time? How we didn’t win with those 2 is beyond me.

Fender57

Blot Talker
Sep 7, 2008
Didn’t he and jones pitch on the padres at the same time? How we didn’t win with those 2 is beyond me.
Yes, both guys were on the roster. Jones was never the same after his 1976 Cy Young season, he screwed up his elbow that year and it required major surgery. In 1978 the team had their first winning record under Roger Craig but Kroc fired him a year later. They never won because outside of Dave Winfield they had no offense and despite having two Cy Young winners their pitching staff sucked.

Lancer 1

Betrayed Bolt Supporter
Jul 10, 2006

RIP Gaylord Perry

• Sad
Reactions: Gill Man

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
Fond memories of those teams. We sucked bad but sure got to see a lot of padre baseball

I was a founding member of the Ed Spiezio fan club.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
While this isn’t as mindlessly reckless as Junior on a motorcycle, it’s still in the “why the fuck you doing this?!?” category. Wasn’t there another way to give to charity rather than risk your life?

Probably low risk for death but some hiking injury possible. They have guides, but those arent immune from fucking up. Could drown in ackayak i suppose. Yeah some lower risk way could have been chosen. Next we’ll see Sosa on Naked and Afraid.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

RIP Gaylord Perry
RIP , so many of the greats of our prime are moving on now. Inevitable but still tough to take, life is very short. We are here in a mere blink in universe time.

• Sad
Reactions: TTK

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Dude was jacked this year he’ll never be the same. Besides, he’d be admitting he can’t take the heat as the number one guy in NY. He’ll be their Soto x 1000
I don't know, his home is there in the bay area.....I think he wants to be there. I mean if he turns down the Yankees top offer and they are willing to beat the gnats offer and he STILL turns it down? Stupid IMO. How can he turn down the offer to be the highest paid non pitcher in MLB and on a team that gives him BY FAR the greatest benefit for endorsements etc.....??? So yeah maybe you are right he can't take the heat and is jacked up on juice. Pussy. Sign the damn contract idiot. These players get me. Maybe this guy is like the next Joey Bosa. lmfao.

• Haha
Reactions: Fender57

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
Why bash Judge if he wants to play for his hometown?

Joe did the same thing when he surely could have gotten more elsewhere.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Why bash Judge if he wants to play for his hometown?

Joe did the same thing when he surely could have gotten more elsewhere.
Because its the gnats! Lol

Reactions: Fender57

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
Because its the gnats! Lol
I hope he doesn't go to the Giants because our division is tough enough as is but I have no problem with him personally if he makes the choice.

I think it's every kid's dream to play for their hometown team. And it's cool to see athletes prioritize something more important to them than money.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
I hope he doesn't go to the Giants because our division is tough enough as is but I have no problem with him personally if he makes the choice.

I think it's every kid's dream to play for their hometown team. And it's cool to see athletes prioritize something more important to them than money.
I think he stays with the Yankees. Could be wrong but he could leveraging the giants against the yanks to maximize his contract.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

how do you know he wouldn't want the max contract from the giants? But agree on a personal note for him yeah I can see why a hometown team would be one he'd prefer all things equal... (and.even if they are not like Joe did.) But I pray he doesn't end up there...it's just gonna be a lot harder for the Padres if he does.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I think he stays with the Yankees. Could be wrong but he could leveraging the giants against the yanks to maximize his contract.
Hope you are right!!!!! PLEASE be right! lol