2022 hopefully not harpooned Padre Season, Tale of the Whale by Bob Melville

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
dharvish maned up. Clevinger was one pitch away from having a good outing. Aquaman sucks and needs to be replaced by martinez.
Darvish is the ace now. Clev and Snell are pitching well. I think Joe will bounce back soon. As long as we have four starters pitching well, we have a chance.

Somehow the bats need to come to life but we've been waiting for that the whole season.

Reactions: Faded Blues

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Yeah the ump sucked but it works both ways over time. Someone would have to show a statistical breakdown of blown ump calls to prove Anderson has benefitted from one sided bias to arrive at his all star level. They demonstrated how he’s reworked his mechanics to create that unhittable movement. I think it’s more THAT, than umps giving him more breaks than us. They were swinging not so much to protect a wider strike zone as they were swinging at what they saw as a strike that the bottom dropped out of.

But agree, as in all sports if u come in with a rep as a top player or team u get some benefit of the doubt from umps or referees. Cant wait for roboumps to put that subjectivity out of the equation. :tup: As for football they cannot fix it unless the get superhuman AI robots that can actually be fully objective in things like offensive holding or roughing the qb or PI etc.
NFL football penalities are all subjective because that's the way they want them.
Guy catches a TD with 1 minute left, the line judge is not going to call offensive holding.
It's part of the script. If baseball really has a 'zone' it can be done and the plate or first base could wired to show who touched first. But then we lose "the bs human side" of the game, male stupidity.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
NFL football penalities are all subjective because that's the way they want them.
Guy catches a TD with 1 minute left, the line judge is not going to call offensive holding.
It's part of the script. If baseball really has a 'zone' it can be done and the plate or first base could wired to show who touched first. But then we lose "the bs human side" of the game, male stupidity.
Eric Show was saying the same thing you’re saying way back in 1986 or so. He said we have the technology, why aren’t we using it?

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Eric Show was saying the same thing you’re saying way back in 1986 or so. He said we have the technology, why aren’t we using it?
now there's a blast from the past :tup:

FleeT

BoltTalker
Jul 30, 2007
I have little interest in watching us beat bad teams now. lol We are so bad against the Dodgers it just feels like a waste of time. And the feelings that will come by even dropping out of the WC picture will especially be brutal. Why does this team just crater so hard? They need to go research players and coaches that have a strong history besting these guys and put them on this team. Guys impervious to bad coaching and being surrounded by wimpy/soft players.

If im pitching against the Dodgers....i just go out and rock Betts in the head. Start a brawl. Do whatever you have to do to get pissed off. lol

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I have little interest in watching us beat bad teams now. lol We are so bad against the Dodgers it just feels like a waste of time. And the feelings that will come by even dropping out of the WC picture will especially be brutal. Why does this team just crater so hard? They need to go research players and coaches that have a strong history besting these guys and put them on this team. Guys impervious to bad coaching and being surrounded by wimpy/soft players.

If im pitching against the Dodgers....i just go out and rock Betts in the head. Start a brawl. Do whatever you have to do to get pissed off. lol
that's the spirit! lmao....enough milquetoast for me....I've had enough of that pablum. Let's Rock and Roll. And to your point yes,,,,,,it's not about a few superstars, it's about a bunch of lunchpail guys who work together and have team chemistry.....I mean yeah you need aces and superstars but that isn't what puts you over the top.....there needs to be a respect for the system and that takes a while (dogs have been at it for years more than the pads). You gotta get a great GM , i don't think preller is that guy....yeah he makes the big splash trades and spends the money Seidler gives him to spend but something lacking in chemistry on this team. A few veteran leaders that can herd the cats is needed.....melville can't do that all by himself. And yeah, team needs to show some resolve and get pissed off after losing and come back with a vengeance the next day.

We better damn sweep the gnats.....make up for that horrid performance in LA. Plus I hate the gnats and their fans. LFGSD.

Reactions: FleeT and Fender57

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018

I think we will rebound nicely against the lesser teams. I am hoping by September we will have the offense figured out.

Reactions: FleeT and TTK

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
yeah I'm with FleeT.......once you get ass whupped by the dogs like that you don't want to watch us beating up on tomato cans.....just as Seidler said our goal is to 'slay the dragon up the freeway".......so our measuring stick from now on is the dogs, no one else. We gotta wait all the way into Sept to meet them again. We better damn well have it figured out by then.That should be plenty of time for Tatis to be back and 100% and the new guys fullly bonded into the team and, hopefully , from here out everyone healthy (that will be key).

I'll still watch closely now as I am still excited to see what Sosa does given all the hype. Thus far he's been a major disappointment. Walk , walk, grounder, walk walk single, walk strikeout, grounder, DP, ........WTF????????? This is Henry Aaron 2.0? I rather doubt that. But one can always dream and take the hype seriously lmao.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Baseball, every game, even every Padre game,
has helped me out. Frank “Gun” Drebin is DHing tonight.

• Jane : I've heard police work is dangerous.
    Frank : It is. That's why I carry a big gun.
    Jane : Aren't you afraid it might go off accidentally?
    Frank : I used to have that problem.
    Jane : What did you do about it?
    Frank : I just think about baseball.

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007

Dodgers always wilt in the playoffs. They peak too early.

We might not be the team that beats them but chances are someone will.

Reactions: FleeT and Fender57

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
time for some beef....lfgsd.....get some runs for a change. How 'bout helping out snell a little???

Reactions: Fender57

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
these teams look like the dogs farm team lmao......junior varsity.

Reactions: Fender57

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
they need to can badr's ass. WTF is going on??? Can't believe they haven't done it like yesterday....these guys are not prepared and are poorly coached apparently. I wonder if the players who arrived see a difference in coaching and preparation etc? It's been going on all year thus far. You cannot pin that on the absence of Tatis alone.....yeah he makes a difference but they have enough horses to score runs regularly against any pitching staff and yet they even struggle against tomato cans. Get rid of this guy.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
And now sportsurge is failing even with my 100.00 VPN...eff this. Nothing is going right lol. And looks like from gamecast on ESPN Snell is beginning his ritual meltdown. Yikes.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Snell escapes....Houdini....he sucks....80 pitches in 4 innings. Totally inefficient and bores the hell out of me......he is so slow and way too deliberate......it's like he's always trying to be too careful and instead of just getting after it. Quit taking so much time to think about stuff and pitch.......why can't Niebla fix that guy?????

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
And now sportsurge is failing even with my 100.00 VPN...eff this. Nothing is going right lol. And looks like from gamecast on ESPN Snell is beginning his ritual meltdown. Yikes.
I thought you got the VPN for MLB TV? VPN isn't going to help you with sportsurge.