2022 hopefully not harpooned Padre Season, Tale of the Whale by Bob Melville

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
Typical Padre at bat (Grisham).

Watches pitches 2 and 3 right down the middle and ends up swinging at 6 to ground out.

1659922669876.png

Reactions: Fender57

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
For those denying Dog pitching is by a wide margin superior. It's not our lack of bats only:

Reactions: TTK

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
More of the same this game as the prior 2. Same as it ever was.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
i can’t believe with a top 5 payroll that we don’t spend well in other areas. I don’t think it’s a budget issue, I think it’s a personal issue throughout the organization.
exactly. why can the dogs lose frontline starters and replace them right away with pitchers as good or better, and we have to resort to guys like Knehr, Martinez, Garcia, Morejon, Suarez,,,,,and on and on? They develop their players , they optimize them. They do it efficiently. We trade away guys who end up helping other teams. And as far as batting....we are not as disciplined there either. Coaching, coaching, coaching. Scouting, scouting, scouting. Effing lucky dog fans.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Nah, Darvish was good today.

Our hitters couldn't defeat a little league pitcher right now.

I was told Soto would fix everything.
he was ok,,,,not great. Anderson was great. Anderson beat Darvish. No point in sugar coating it. Yes normally 2 runs would be great but not against a better pitcher it wouldn't. Then we have garbage come in and give up 2 more quick runs. Another beatdown today.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
amazing stat....no Padre reached 2nd base all night.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I wonder is Soto feels the darkness that plagues this team.
well they intereviewed him on the mic. He stated hes excited to be playing here but at the same time early in the conversation he said it was tough to leave DC. i got sort of mixed feeling about the guy. Chemistry could play into this trade. If it ends up being Frazier 2.0 you have to start wondering about what's wrong with the organizational structure here. We'll see, still way too early but we will know soon enough. Thus far it's been a disaster,,,,,no sugar coating it. No player reaching 2nd base whole game today???????

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
The good news is we don't have to worry about all our prospects being busts now. That's the Nationals problem now, ha!

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
2 hits. Profar and Kim. Doubt Melvin has an answer, I don't. Oh, and Mazaar,
that guy adjusts his bat and position over and over and then hits a weak, weak ball. He will get send down when Tatis comes back.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
the dogs were all business the whole weekend, total confidence, total focus, took advantage of every opportunity. The Pads looked confused by dog pitching the whole weekend, not focused, made the mistakes, and against the dogs all it takes is a few lost opportunities to bring in runners in position, or a few bad pitches that result in HR's. You cannot make mistakes against that team. I think they are on a major mission this year after coming up short to the Braves last year. I don't think our big huge trade was a great idea for that reason. I mean it could end up being ok, doubt it gets us a ring this year, dogs too good. But maybe next? If not it's a disaster trade in the making......we gave up a lot of future potential. I was completely stoked when it happened. After seeing the first 5 games after that trade I'm getting leary about it. I think the intial instincts of ttk and fender might turn out to be the correct ones.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
This was demoralizing. I fucking hate the Padres right now. Sick of getting bitch slapped by LA. Soto sure had fun being mic’d up. #kingofwalks

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
This was demoralizing. I fucking hate the Padres right now. Sick of getting bitch slapped by LA. Soto sure had fun being mic’d up. #kingofwalks
ha ha....yeah sure is fun watching our superstar get a bunch of walks and never advancing to 2nd. lol. WTH. Team is as boring as ever after acquiring the alleged greatest 23yo player in history......well he DID set a record today for the most walks by age 24. LMAO. What a feat. Eff that. Let's see some BEEF. No more veggie patties.

FleeT

BoltTalker
Jul 30, 2007
well they intereviewed him on the mic. He stated hes excited to be playing here but at the same time early in the conversation he said it was tough to leave DC. i got sort of mixed feeling about the guy. Chemistry could play into this trade. If it ends up being Frazier 2.0 you have to start wondering about what's wrong with the organizational structure here. We'll see, still way too early but we will know soon enough. Thus far it's been a disaster,,,,,no sugar coating it. No player reaching 2nd base whole game today???????
My man hes not Frazier. Im not really worried about his hitting. I just think this team is broken at its core. Pitchers are getting rocked. Nobody is hitting. I think we are missing our heartbeat in Tatis. He is a passionate player that brings out the best in this team.

But nobody seems to give a shit right now. If Tatis is back at 2A because his personal favorite batting coach is there...why not put the guy on the coaching staff?

Reactions: Gill Man and TTK

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
My man hes not Frazier. Im not really worried about his hitting. I just think this team is broken at its core. Pitchers are getting rocked. Nobody is hitting. I think we are missing our heartbeat in Tatis. He is a passionate player that brings out the best in this team.

But nobody seems to give a shit right now. If Tatis is back at 2A because his personal favorite batting coach is there...why not put the guy on the coaching staff?
i hope you are right.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Manny since June 17th has batted .219. Blame that on Soto, too.

Soto is the Padre HR leader at 21. And he just got here.
Hell, Bell has 14.

Let's pick apart Tatis and Soto two players of enormous talent
while the Cronenworth, Nola,
Grishman, Alfaro, Myers, Mazaar, Manny do nothing.
They should let the DH, say Drury, hit for all of them. Maybe they could run the bases.

Last edited: