2022 hopefully not harpooned Padre Season, Tale of the Whale by Bob Melville

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I'll tell ya what. Even with Tatis back we don't have a chance to catch the dogs. This was a critical series if we were to have a shot....had to take at least 2/3. We might get swept.

And right on cue, just as propeller acquires the 'big bats' our starting pitchers begin to look like a bunch of roulette wheels......not reliable. NONE of em. So the vaunted formidable starting rotation is now looking like a mirage and evaporating before our eyes.

We can hope for a WC and that this team catches fire at the right time....but frankly I'm really really tired of that bullshit, especially after all the hype of the trade. This truly sucks ,,,,,,very tough to watch this mess.

We are not in the dogs league, even after those trades ........they don't have all the slumps we do ....they are way more consistent with way more depth and way more chemistry.

Another year hoping for a WC and a playoff miracle........sick of it.

Reactions: Fender57

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
I'll tell ya what. Even with Tatis back we don't have a chance to catch the dogs. This was a critical series if we were to have a shot....had to take at least 2/3. We might get swept.

And right on cue, just as propeller acquires the 'big bats' our starting pitchers begin to look like a bunch of roulette wheels......not reliable. NONE of em. So the vaunted formidable starting rotation is now looking like a mirage and evaporating before our eyes.

We can hope for a WC and that this team catches fire at the right time....but frankly I'm really really tired of that bullshit, especially after all the hype of the trade. This truly sucks ,,,,,,very tough to watch this mess.

We are not in the dogs league, even after those trades ........they don't have all the slumps we do ....they are way more consistent with way more depth and way more chemistry.

Another year hoping for a WC and a playoff miracle........sick of it.
a little harsh. I don’t think anyone thought that we could win the division without tatis when the season began. The trade just happened and clevinger is just starting to get healthy.

we can win tomorrow and set us up to Finish Strong.

bullpen is rounding into form. We will be fine.

Reactions: TTK

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
And Vesia destroys the top of the order.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
a little harsh. I don’t think anyone thought that we could win the division without tatis when the season began. The trade just happened and clevinger is just starting to get healthy.

we can win tomorrow and set us up to Finish Strong.

bullpen is rounding into form. We will be fine.
maybe.....I don't think it's too harsh. How long has preller had to fix this thing and catch the dogs? Yes we are way better than 5-6 years ago....give him that. But the hype is we are in it to win it NOW. That ain't happening sorry.....just isn't. I'd love to eat crow and you come back and repost this late in the year when we win a WS. I would bet the farm that never happens though. You can see the gap between us and the dogs.....it's huge. They manage to stay a juggernaut year after year. Tilted table yes.....but this big a gap is not acceptable. Can't fault propeller and Seidler for not spending and trying....but the organizations are vastly different. This team reminds me of when the old SD chugs could never field a complete team ....we'd get close but always have deficiencies and when we went up against the league juggernauts got our asses kicked in. These 2 teams are like the 94 chugs vs the 94 49ers. Its that vast a difference.

Reactions: Fender57

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
In that "ruined our team" trade for Soto/Bell.....the Padres did not want to
Include Morejon. Now you can see why.

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Crone continues to disappoint me. WTF is wrong with guy?
in the ozone apparently. he fell off a cliff compared to his prior 2 years. that is not helping the situation. Maybe the league has caught up to him and figured him out...that happens once teams can get a bead on a guy's tendencies.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
In that "ruined our team" trade for Soto/Bell.....the Padres did not want to
Include Morejon. Now you can see why.
yeah thank goodness, he might be needed in the new starting rotation if this one tanks. Until then a good setup guy. Wonder if Suarez will help out and be more in control.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Isn't Vesia from SD? or was there a SD connection there? that guy is intense. intimidator. We could use him.

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
Manny should be hitting behind Soto, not the other away around. They're pitching around soto to get to Manny.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
And crone goes down looking at a strike.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
yes we are getting bullied, sand kicked in our faces on the beach while the hot chicks look on and laugh. lol

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Cronenworth. Sit him down. O-4....0-8 for series. Takes balls right down the middle.
Has to be demoted. Kim at second. Tatis at SS. Cronenworth, Mr. All-Star,
on the pine. This is all up to Bob Melvin. These guys have talent but they don't know what to do when.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I look forward to getting humiliated on national TV tomorrow night.

Let this be a lesson: two sluggers do not fix the other seven guys.

I heard we traded for some guy named Josh Bell. Anyone see him?

We will likely regret losing Wood and Hassell.

Reactions: Gill Man and TTK

Lancer 1

Betrayed Bolt Supporter
Jul 10, 2006

We need some good news amidst tonite's drubbing!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Haha. Thats funny. Thats me Harry. lol
Well, you said, I think, you still support the team (I assume you mean the Chuggers).
How and why is not for me to figure out. Like calling the desert of the Middle East, the Promised Land. More marketing than reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gill Man

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
I look forward to getting humiliated on national TV tomorrow night.

Let this be a lesson: two sluggers do not fix the other seven guys.

I heard we traded for some guy named Josh Bell. Anyone see him?

We will likely regret losing Wood and Hassell.
Darvish (and Snell) typically pitch well against the Dodgers.

If the bats can put up a few runs we should have a chance.

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
I go back to what I've said before. There's something rotten with the Padres hitting philosophy. They've said that part of their philosophy is to take a lot of pitches in an attempt to wear out the opposing starters. That's fine and all but when you get good pitches to hit, you have to take advantage. As good as the Dodgers pitchers are, everyone misses location. Notice when the Padres pitchers miss, the dodgers go aggressive and smoke the ball. We often just take it down the middle. And the Dodgers hitters don't swing at bad pitches. Look at the terrible swings our hitters take because they fall behind in counts after taking fat pitches down the middle and falling behind in the count. The opposing pitcher can afford to throw a bad pitch and try to get them to chase, which we often do.

We have talented hitters. They just don't seem to be aggressive enough.

The thing I can't wrap my head around is that, we often do get leadoff runners on and a lot of time multiple runners but become completely inept when they're in scoring position. I haven't seen any kind of explanation as to why that's happening.

FleeT

BoltTalker
Jul 30, 2007
Well, you said, I think, you still support the team (I assume you mean the Chuggers).
How and why is not for me to figure out. Like calling desert of the Middle East, the
Promised Land. More marketing than reality.
You had been friendly with me up until now. I just assumed you didnt know that was my twitter account. Yes i am the owner of Thepowderlues.com. And i am also a rabid Padre fan. A padre fan that felt like he was amongst old friends here. Getting along. Me shitting on the Padres isnt because i hate them. I love them im just pissed. And then you sort of took a shot at me. I thought we were getting a long and i was welcomed here. I havnt been trying to talk Bolts. Its just my twitter.

Probably best i just move along now. It was good chatting with you all. Cheers. Go Pads

Reactions: TTK and Gill Man