2022 hopefully not harpooned Padre Season, Tale of the Whale by Bob Melville

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Fuck that I’m no front runner. They needed to make a statement tonight. Unfortunately they did.

They sucked. Offense is no offense. But Soto's statement was about him, Tatis, and Manny getting going. The team did not give everyone away. Soto is a super talent.

Reactions: Faded Blues

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
They sucked. Offense is no offense. But Soto's statement was about him, Tatis, and Manny getting going. The team did not give everyone away. Soto is a super talent.
If he’s such a super talent he needs to show it. Now.

I wasn’t referring to Soto’s statement, the team likes to think they can run with the Dogs, getting their asses KICKED is a different statement one that is a familiar story to us Padres fans!

Stop making BULLSHIT comments about posters. I’m offended you’re calling me (or us) FRONT RUNNERS, we’re pissed because we hate getting BITCH SLAPPED by LA. Let us fucking vent!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
If he’s such a super talent he needs to show it. Now.

I wasn’t referring to Soto’s statement, the team likes to think they can run with the Dogs, getting their asses KICKED is a different statement one that is a familiar story to us Padres fans!

Stop making BULLSHIT comments about posters. I’m offended you’re calling me (or us) FRONT RUNNERS, we’re pissed because we hate getting BITCH SLAPPED by LA. Let us fucking vent!
I quit watching I was so upset. Yes, we were bitch slapped. Depressing as hell.
I'm going to pray to Baby Jesus Tatis. And yes, Manaea should drop out the rotation.

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
I quit watching I was so upset. Yes, we were bitch slapped. Depressing as hell.
I'm going to pray to Baby Jesus Tatis. And yes, Manaea should drop out the rotation.

I didn't realize Manaea is predominantly a fastball-changeup guy. No wonder his pitches don't move.

I'm not a big fan of this type of pitcher. He's basically Paddack and you just sit on the changeup or fastball and they were sitting on the fastball tonight.

With all the crazy movement guys can get on pitches now I think it's hard to be as effective with this kind of style. Plus he seems to have no idea where his pitches are going.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I don't blame them. Manaea has been trending down for a while now. His mechanics look like garbage. Why isn't niebla fixing this?
We saw the team demoralized similarly in 2021. U cant trot out paddack 2.0 who gives up 5 runs in the first and expect the team to not cave if it happens regularly. This staff was money and it has suddenly hit the skids. Yeah, where is Nibletts when u need him? And Soto . Where is the superstar? He fucks up plays in RF. He hits a single a game. He made a stupid statement he’s probably gonna regret. His BA is down this year compared with prior years. Be a fuckin superstar, dont just dance around like a bull in the chute , that impresses no one. I bet propellers sphincter is watertight watching his saviors fail against a real champion team. Ump didn’t help but that is small consolation. And drury should not be at 3rd, sorry. Nightmare game. Better get the fuck going cause fans in SD already have ptsd re overhyped teams and trades. I’m really pissed after that ass kicking. Will the real Juan Soto please stand up? Cause this guy looks like an imposter. He could be on that old show What’s My Line? Cigar roller. Gonna call him that until he lives up to the superstar status he’s been prior years. Where is that legendary 23 yo? Time for the REAL Juan Soto to stand up. Back up your words.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Team chemistry is just as important as talent at this level. Especially in baseball.
I won’t give up hope but these things take time.
Great point, basically we have replaced 4 starters. These players haven’t had time to meld and even form a bond, not enough history of going to war together. One of the intangibles and have to hope it ends up positive. The good thing is melville can help push that along, no way tink could have as we saw a total meltdown last year after far less turnover. Yeah obviously no one’s throwing in the towel, we in SD always hold out hope this year will be different. I DO have to give Soto credit for almost taking Gonsolin head off :tup:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The question is who now is the veteran leader to replace hos in that role. Manny should be but not sure he is good at it. Melville needs to find that guy and maybe give him advice. Vet leadership is key. Gnats had buster posey, he retires and they aren’t even the same team this year.

Reactions: Fender57

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
And, it was Vin Scully night. It would have sacrilege to kick the dawgs ass while they were honoring the guy. Probably another reason the umps sucked. Like they need another reason

time to get the fuc back to business and go animal abuse on those fukers

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
We saw the team demoralized similarly in 2021. U cant trot out paddack 2.0 who gives up 5 runs in the first and expect the team to not cave if it happens regularly. This staff was money and it has suddenly hit the skids. Yeah, where is Nibletts when u need him? And Soto . Where is the superstar? He fucks up plays in RF. He hits a single a game. He made a stupid statement he’s probably gonna regret. His BA is down this year compared with prior years. Be a fuckin superstar, dont just dance around like a bull in the chute , that impresses no one. I bet propellers sphincter is watertight watching his saviors fail against a real champion team. Ump didn’t help but that is small consolation. And drury should not be at 3rd, sorry. Nightmare game. Better get the fuck going cause fans in SD already have ptsd re overhyped teams and trades. I’m really pissed after that ass kicking. Will the real Juan Soto please stand up? Cause this guy looks like an imposter. He could be on that old show What’s My Line? Cigar roller. Gonna call him that until he lives up to the superstar status he’s been prior years. Where is that legendary 23 yo? Time for the REAL Juan Soto to stand up. Back up your words.
Soto needs to step up tonight. After sleeping on it I’m still pissed, getting your ass thoroughly kicked by the Dogs when you’re supposed to be making a statement that you’ve arrived to challenge them fucking sucks. I could’ve accepted a hard fought loss but this feels like the same old humiliating shit, Dog fans and probably the Dogs themselves are laughing at us, I can imagine Roberts over in his dugout gloating over this.

They have to bounce back. They were o-fer with RISP AGAIN, the big acquisitions were supposed to fix that, WTF get it in gear. I’m not going to use the shitty ump as an excuse, because this team is a chronic underachiever offensively and they can’t let that get to them anymore. Stop crying about it and start putting that ball in play and get those fucking runs home. They had Gosselin reeling but couldn’t close the deal. Coffee is for closers! First prize is a new Cadillac. Second prize, steak knives. Third prize YOU’RE FIRED!

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Soto needs to step up tonight. After sleeping on it I’m still pissed, getting your ass thoroughly kicked by the Dogs when you’re supposed to be making a statement that you’ve arrived to challenge them fucking sucks. I could’ve accepted a hard fought loss but this feels like the same old humiliating shit, Dog fans and probably the Dogs themselves are laughing at us, I can imagine Roberts over in his dugout gloating over this.

They have to bounce back. They were o-fer with RISP AGAIN, the big acquisitions were supposed to fix that, WTF get it in gear. I’m not going to use the shitty ump as an excuse, because this team is a chronic underachiever offensively and they can’t let that get to them anymore. Stop crying about it and start putting that ball in play and get those fucking runs home. They had Gosselin reeling but couldn’t close the deal. Coffee is for closers! First prize is a new Cadillac. Second prize, steak knives. Third prize YOU’RE FIRED!

Melville fired fender hired lmao. I can see you getting in their grilles lololol. They seriously need that after last night., melville on the other hand tells aquaman he’s the worlds greatest teammate even though he sucks at pitching lololol.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I'm convinced the umps call the low below the knee obviously--a-ball pitch a strike on Manny because of his complaining to the umps. Yes, they are corrupting the rules and the game. But they don't care. Again, remove that box and stupid mph dot of said pitch. Stupid and meaningless.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
The entire game has umpires who are destroying it. They can make it easy on a pitcher or tough on batter. If the outside edge isn't called you force a Musgrove to come in. If you hate the batter, you call the pitch in the other box a strike. Working the count Is impossible, Padres. Simply try and hit the ball. There is no strike zone.
No. 10 was the diva ump last night.

Last edited:

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I'm convinced the umps call the low below the knee obviously--a-ball pitch a strike on Manny because of his complaining to the umps. Yes, they are corrupting the rules and the game. But they don't care. Again, remove that box and stupid mph dot of said pitch. Stupid and meaningless.
It doesn’t help us this year, maybe even next, but the robo umps are coming. The human umps have no one to blame but themselves.

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
The box needs to stay. Without it, there's not even this much outrage about the umpires. It helps show how incompetent they are.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
The box needs to stay. Without it, there's not even this much outrage about the umpires. It helps show how incompetent they are.
Agree. I sorta see Harry’s point, it’s aggravating knowing these umps are blatantly (purposely?) blowing balls and strikes so outta sight outta mind, but we need to know so we can get rid of these umps. I don’t know what unintended consequences robo umps will bring but getting rid of incompetent assholes like Wendlestendt, Eddings, and Hernandez, guys with chips on their shoulders and maybe even vendettas, it will be worth it.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Agree. I mean I see what Harry is trying to say,,,,,,in practice it's worthless because the umps have no clue as to what it is and have zero consistency across the league and even within one ump. But yes, this PROVES how bad they are and should speed up the process of going to the robo umps. My question is what is the latest....I remember your post about how the beta testing was pretty lame. Have they gotten beyond that? Actually that beta test was probably better than this crap we are dealing with lololol. The nice thing about going to robo right away even if it's not quite ready, is you don't have a Hernandez or West or any of those jerkoffs throwing out managers and players for even suggesting they suck and in any stage of development it's hard to be worse than these incompetent umps.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
hey cool avatar Fender,,,that rocks. :tup: Maybe you should stick with this one......lately you've been a chameleon lmao.:laugh:

PS...I STILL think the city connects with an offwhite or sand background/black cleats (home) and grey background (away) would rock the baseball world and be as classic as the 60's bolts unis (that dumbasses Klein and Spenishead had to abandon because they thought they had any taste,,,,the current powders the chugs wear are a complete joke). Padres need to think large market and those unis would help. I mean yeah the gold and brown are their roots but these would become new roots and fit this community. And also I DO really love the logo patch, it's the best in baseball IMO. So somehow they'd have to work that into the new color scheme.....but I don't think a padre ever wore teal lolololol. Yeah, not gonna happen for that reason I guess. Ah well. Wish we could see em more often.

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Agree. I mean I see what Harry is trying to say,,,,,,in practice it's worthless because the umps have no clue as to what it is and have zero consistency across the league and even within one ump. But yes, this PROVES how bad they are and should speed up the process of going to the robo umps. My question is what is the latest....I remember your post about how the beta testing was pretty lame. Have they gotten beyond that? Actually that beta test was probably better than this crap we are dealing with lololol. The nice thing about going to robo right away even if it's not quite ready, is you don't have a Hernandez or West or any of those jerkoffs throwing out managers and players for even suggesting they suck and in any stage of development it's hard to be worse than these incompetent umps.
i don't think the TV box "strike zone" has much value to the viewer (TV commentators love it.). If it "proves" anything, then tie it in with instant replay or automatic electronic correction on a pitch that either causes a game tying walk or a strikeout win. If you can review a slide at third because of it's "out/safe" importance you should do the same for the critical pitch.
But they won't, because the umpires suck...both ways....and MLB doesn't care if the game is lost (or won) on a terrible call. Drop the box, it bothers me. Let the ball bounce in. Call it a strike. Why not?

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
A young AJ Preller. (Seidler is the guy holding his forehead)
FZe1ew3WYAEMZdx.jpeg

• Haha