2022 hopefully not harpooned Padre Season, Tale of the Whale by Bob Melville

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Mus needs a quick bounce back from that disaster yesterday. I"m not sure if he pitches against the dogs...I'm guessing his next start is in SF. He needs to dominate in that game,,no messing around. If that one ends up the same way I'd start to get pretty concerned.

Thing is, if he's gonna have a great environment to pitch in it was yesterday. Instead he'll likely be pitching in a cold night game in mfing SF in a hostile environment. Time to rise up Mus.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
if tatis comes back healthy and his old self, we have a better lineup.

Reactions: Fender57

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Mus needs a quick bounce back from that disaster yesterday. I"m not sure if he pitches against the dogs...I'm guessing his next start is in SF. He needs to dominate in that game,,no messing around. If that one ends up the same way I'd start to get pretty concerned.

Thing is, if he's gonna have a great environment to pitch in it was yesterday. Instead he'll likely be pitching in a cold night game in mfing SF in a hostile environment. Time to rise up Mus.
I think the SF series is here. It’s a weird three game road trip, probably scheduled as such because it’s a quick trip up the 5. After the Frisco series they head up to Washington to play the Nats. Very quirky schedule.

Reactions: Gill Man

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
I think the SF series is here. It’s a weird three game road trip, probably scheduled as such because it’s a quick trip up the 5. After the Frisco series they head up to Washington to play the Nats. Very quirky schedule.
Wrong Washington ;)

Reactions: Faded Blues

FleeT

BoltTalker
Jul 30, 2007
I hate that i feel uncomfortable when Joe is on the mound. He needs to figure it out. 5 of his last 7 have been pretty bad. 20M per is a good deal if he is slinging like his usual self. He wasnt that great of a pitcher prior to coming to us. Praying he isnt a Will Myers type deal. Has a studly 1.5 years and then gets paid. Never to regain form. I think its mental for him.

I think when you force your pitchers to have to be perfect for so long...with a terrible offense...they can develop the negatives mentally. Heres to hoping this offense will start to be Dodger like and produce a ton of runs for their pitchers. They can relax and take more risks. Kind went so long with a shitty offense that im concerned our pitchers tightened up.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I hate that i feel uncomfortable when Joe is on the mound. He needs to figure it out. 5 of his last 7 have been pretty bad. 20M per is a good deal if he is slinging like his usual self. He wasnt that great of a pitcher prior to coming to us. Praying he isnt a Will Myers type deal. Has a studly 1.5 years and then gets paid. Never to regain form. I think its mental for him.

I think when you force your pitchers to have to be perfect for so long...with a terrible offense...they can develop the negatives mentally. Heres to hoping this offense will start to be Dodger like and produce a ton of runs for their pitchers. They can relax and take more risks. Kind went so long with a shitty offense that im concerned our pitchers tightened up.
yup, exactly what I'm worried about. Given all that it's hard to figure why they'd fork over the big money now. Yeah he could end up a Cy Young pitcher this year but if the historical odds mean anything he is very likely to revert to the mean which is not worth what they decided to fork over. Just a shame they didn't figure it out a year ago and give the guy an average contract for being an average pitcher for the only reason he is very popular in SD. JMHO. I know everyone here is in love with the guy but you gotta leave emotion out of the equation other than to sign him for the fact he's popular with the town......and that shoulda been a no brainer a year ago when he was fairly valued. Again JMHO. We'll see, I'd love for him to return to that dominant pitcher. I just won't be shocked if he returns to average Joe.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008

yup, exactly what I'm worried about. Given all that it's hard to figure why they'd fork over the big money now. Yeah he could end up a Cy Young pitcher this year but if the historical odds mean anything he is very likely to revert to the mean which is not worth what they decided to fork over. Just a shame they didn't figure it out a year ago and give the guy an average contract for being an average pitcher for the only reason he is very popular in SD. JMHO. I know everyone here is in love with the guy but you gotta leave emotion out of the equation other than to sign him for the fact he's popular with the town......and that shoulda been a no brainer a year ago when he was fairly valued. Again JMHO. We'll see, I'd love for him to return to that dominant pitcher. I just won't be shocked if he returns to average Joe.
You guys are forgetting he had Covid. He hasn’t won a game since he came back from that.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
You guys are forgetting he had Covid. He hasn’t won a game since he came back from that.
maybe that is the issue, it probably IS at least a part of the problem. But how do we know that has any residual effects? If he's got long covid you don't sign the damn guy to a huge contract because long covid isn't going anywhere fast. If he has persisting symptoms , no matter what they are, too risky a bet to just assume all those go away. I'm sure he's had a ton of medical opinions but the problem is there's probably not one physician who can tell the guy exactly what is gonna stick and what is gonna go away if covid is the issue. Hopefully he just gets over whatever the problem is and carries on as the dominant pitcher in the first half. 5-6 game is what, 30days now? At best I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic, at worst very concerned. We'll see, only time will tell.

Maybe they should quit trotting him out there if he's still got symptoms.....viruses are a bitch. If he's ailing....why keep working the guy....let him heal.

Reactions: Fender57

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
maybe that is the issue, it probably IS at least a part of the problem. But how do we know that has any residual effects? If he's got long covid you don't sign the damn guy to a huge contract because long covid isn't going anywhere fast. If he has persisting symptoms , no matter what they are, too risky a bet to just assume all those go away. I'm sure he's had a ton of medical opinions but the problem is there's probably not one physician who can tell the guy exactly what is gonna stick and what is gonna go away if covid is the issue. Hopefully he just gets over whatever the problem is and carries on as the dominant pitcher in the first half. 5-6 game is what, 30days now? At best I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic, at worst very concerned. We'll see, only time will tell.

Maybe they should quit trotting him out there if he's still got symptoms.....viruses are a bitch. If he's ailing....why keep working the guy....let him heal.
How do we know that it doesn’t? I know a few people who had long term effects of no energy, shortness of breath, loss of strength. Not saying he’s suffering from any of this, hell I don’t know even the significance of his Covid “affliction” (it was never really explained) but the difference in his performance CAN be marked with pre and post Covid for Joe. Also if you look back on his most recent outings he’s strong to start the game and then gets slammed.

I do agree if he is affected he should be DL’d. Problem is he’s not gonna say anything.

Either way, results are all that matters and he needs to turn it around. Soon.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Musgrove went on Covid list on June 17th. Since then, he's been 1-7.
Batting average against is .212. I agree with Melvin, he's not getting calls on the edges, thus the Rockies were simply waiting for the breaking ball. And the hits against are a lot
of soft hits. Yes, he is in a slump. He's at 8-5. Max S. Mets is at 7-2.
I don't see any major change on Joe.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
How do we know that it doesn’t? I know a few people who had long term effects of no energy, shortness of breath, loss of strength. Not saying he’s suffering from any of this, hell I don’t know even the significance of his Covid “affliction” (it was never really explained) but the difference in his performance CAN be marked with pre and post Covid for Joe. Also if you look back on his most recent outings he’s strong to start the game and then gets slammed.

I do agree if he is affected he should be DL’d. Problem is he’s not gonna say anything.

Either way, results are all that matters and he needs to turn it around. Soon.
exactly my point...agree. We don't know...only the docs know if it's likely covid affecting him, and , if so, why trot him out there if he's fatigued and weak still? At the MOST put him into a rotation with someone and go 4 innings max or even 3...until he has full strength, if thats what it is. If it's not covid and he feels fine like most omicron patients do after infection, then something else has to be the issue. But if we don't know exactly what it is and how long it lasts, why sign the guy to a mega deal? Agree with TFleet.....we may have just penned our next Myers or Hosmer deal. :eek: Well here's praying Mus recovers fully and very soon and is back to the first 3 months Joe.....we need him to be that guy to win a WS or even have a shot. We got the bats now.....but the likely WS champ will have both bats and a hell of a pitching rotation. Maybe we sneak into a WC and that gives everyone time to fully heal.

And that brings up another point the bugs the shit out of me. Why in the hell is this team always plagued by some sort of injury issue?????? EVERY F-ING YEAR???? Tatis and now apparently Joe and we've had to wait for Pom and multiple other relievers, and Clev took time. As I said before the year began, we have to stay healthy for once. We have better depth now after the trades which is good, but we HAVE to be fully healthy to win it all....the more depth going into the playoffs the better, we found that out real fast in 2020.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
You should be able to watch it with a VPN. I would research it first before you pull the trigger.
ok thanks to your advice I checked with my IT person who is really really good and bailed my ass out of multiple potential disasters especially when I was highly dependent on my computers when I was working.....he says no issues with ESET like you and also he highly recommended ExpressVPN. So I've got it for a year (probably shoulda just tried it for a month first lol) and we'll get the results tonite. Fingers crossed. It was a cinch to install and good for all devices. No glitches thus far on my routine websites. :tup:

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
And that brings up another point the bugs the shit out of me. Why in the hell is this team always plagued by some sort of injury issue?????? EVERY F-ING YEAR???? Tatis and now apparently Joe and we've had to wait for Pom and multiple other relievers, and Clev took time. As I said before the year began, we have to stay healthy for once. We have better depth now after the trades which is good, but we HAVE to be fully healthy to win it all....the more depth going into the playoffs the better, we found that out real fast in 2020.
Well the way things are trending, we got guys that are projected to be coming back soon. Maybe we finally have luck going our way. If Clev stays healthy, Pom coming back, Junior too, we’ll be pretty loaded soon.

Reactions: TTK and Gill Man

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Musgrove went on Covid list on June 17th. Since then, he's been 1-7.
Batting average against is .212. I agree with Melvin, he's not getting calls on the edges, thus the Rockies were simply waiting for the breaking ball. And the hits against are a lot
of soft hits. Yes, he is in a slump. He's at 8-5. Max S. Mets is at 7-2.
I don't see any major change on Joe.
He got squeezed yesterday. That ump, like the whole crew, sucked.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
ok thanks to your advice I checked with my IT person who is really really good and bailed my ass out of multiple potential disasters especially when I was highly dependent on my computers when I was working.....he says no issues with ESET like you and also he highly recommended ExpressVPN. So I've got it for a year (probably shoulda just tried it for a month first lol) and we'll get the results tonite. Fingers crossed. It was a cinch to install and good for all devices. No glitches thus far on my routine websites. :tup:
I have Nord VPN plus NORD PASS aka the VAULT, to store password, financial information, tax information, generate 16 digit passwords for your Walmart store account. Your Vault has a password even Nord doesn't know.
Thus, take care of it, my friend.
Plus now they have a lot of Dark Web protections.

FleeT

BoltTalker
Jul 30, 2007
Given his last 7 games...i just cant see him in the discussion for Cy Young anymore. Darvish could end up with better numbers at this point. So many other guys leaving him in the dust. I hate to say it because i think he was top 3 for a while there.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I have Nord VPN plus NORD PASS aka the VAULT, to store password, financial information, tax information, generate 16 digit passwords for your Walmart store account. Your Vault has a password even Nord doesn't know.
Thus, take care of it, my friend.
Plus now they have a lot of Dark Web protections.
yeah shame we have to go to all these lengths for security. Dark Web.....must be the dogs or gnats. I got my password hacked and sent to the Dark Web via Cox Communications. They had a bunch of clients who got hacked. Luckily no damage that I can tell yet but my IT guy got me on track......always use 2 factor authentication when you can. I'm sure the bastards will find a way around that as well....wtf. Stay safe , do you know what's in YOUR wallet???

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I think thats my problem. lol
yeah that spike protein is a bitch. it hangs around and who the hell knows how long and where although we know it circulates and ends up in the brain, heart, liver, etc...probably even the anus. :eek:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Well, I thought it was you, Gilly. Turned out to be the wife.
Mea Culpa.
well yes, no problemo.....you know I'm webbed so understandable you'd confuse me with those hacks. I need to start my own cybersecurity .....go out and catch eat the bastards:tup::D

Reactions: Faded Blues