2022 hopefully not harpooned Padre Season, Tale of the Whale by Bob Melville

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
6-2....keep clawing back. 2 on 2 outs. Bring the big bat.

Lancer 1

Betrayed Bolt Supporter
Jul 10, 2006
6-0.....game over. ygbsm. Joe gone. Say it aint' so Joe. Big money, big easy.
Usually when we're down 6-0 in the 6th inning, the ge is pretty much over but with the hitters that we've added and guys like Manny & others raking, there's always hope of a comeback.

Don't look now, but it's 6-2 with runners at the corners - if we can just get that run in from 3rd and halve this deficit, I really like our chances of coming back to win with 9 outs remaining!

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
wth. where are the bats??????

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
we really needed joe to shut them down today.
that's what he's being paid to do. rather than going home to grossmont or wherever he's from and cracking open beers with the family after this game, he should be running gassers for a coupla hours.

Reactions: Faded Blues

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
re: Joe......let's just hope he's not a case of collapsing under the pressure of a big contract. It happens. Bit money brings big expectations. Imagine on a staff of very good to great pitchers and you have the largest contract. You have to face those other pitchers in the dugout and wonder what they think of you tanking. Then it becomes a vicious cycle, pressing to earn your money, and tanking more. Joe does not strike me as one who would succumb to that....he's damn strong willed and tough minded so this is likely a one off...all pithers , even Cy Young pitchers, have bad days. He needs to redeem himself against the dogs....does he pitch against them or have to wait against the Gnats. Either one of those teams is a great way to bounce back against. Just beat the shit out of either one of those 2.

Lancer 1

Betrayed Bolt Supporter
Jul 10, 2006
Today definitely sucked but lest we forget, it's awfully hard to beat any MLB team 5 times in a row, especially a divisional rival!

The Dodgers may not readily admit it, but they've gotta be looking over their shoulders at us now, knowing that if they slip up just a little and with our recent & upcoming additions, it's not totally implausible that we can do to them exactly what the Giants did last season: narrowly win the NL West, and relegate them to the Wild Card.

Reactions: Fender57

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Melvin said Tatis had a bone scan today.

It was reportedly scheduled and planned, just a progress check.

Melvin had no information on said scan.

Still waiting for the official word on when he’s to begin his rehab assignment.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Someone pointed this out about Joe. I was too lazy to look it up. Maybe one of you other diligent members can confirm it.

Joe hasn’t won a game since he came back from Covid.

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
Someone pointed this out about Joe. I was too lazy to look it up. Maybe one of you other diligent members can confirm it.

Joe hasn’t won a game since he came back from Covid.
That is correct.

I hadn't realized how different he's been since that. His ERA went from 1.59 to 3.00 and he 0-5.

1659674371529.png

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
Didn’t he only miss less than a few days though? Did he come back too early, or did he have Covid before they put him in the Covid list?
Yeah, he came back in like 5 days or so. It was actually never revealed whether he actually had COVID or not but I assume he did.

Reactions: Fender57

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Hosmer was a selfish POS, he milked the teats dry here and gave nothing back, and on his way out, his inclusion in the trade was completely right and just I might add, he had to screw this guy’s life up too. Yeah, he had the no trade clause but he’s getting paid regardless.

The bright side for us is we got Drury, which probably doesn’t happen if Voit didn’t get traded.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Hosmer was a selfish POS, he milked the teats dry here and gave nothing back, and on his way out, his inclusion in the trade was completely right and just I might add, he had to screw this guy’s life up too. Yeah, he had the no trade clause but he’s getting paid regardless.

The bright side for us is we got Drury, which probably doesn’t happen if Voit didn’t get traded.
and the dude got done a solid when he wasnt traded last year when they could have to any team. Dick.