2022 hopefully not harpooned Padre Season, Tale of the Whale by Bob Melville

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I’ll also say this: if I’m perceived as some kind of bad guy here just let me know. I try to post mixing facts with opinions. If I rub you the wrong way just say so.
As George Carlin reported....
Today in downtown, Miami Police arrested several massagers.
The officers said, "They didn't do anything illegal. They just rubbed us the wrong way."

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
I’ll also say this: if I’m perceived as some kind of bad guy here just let me know. I try to post mixing facts with opinions. If I rub you the wrong way just say so.
To me it’s all in good fun. Differences opinion is what discussion boards are for otherWise they would be agree boards.

Reactions: TTK

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I’ll just say this: bullshit is bullshit and I will call you on it just as you (the royal you) will call me on whatever you perceive as bullshit (example: I know my opinion of Idiot Tatis is unpopular, so be it). I won’t back down from a pissing contest and moving that over to another thread defeats the purpose of discussion IMO but I don’t run this place.
no you are not perceived as some kind of bad guy, just the opposite and as faded said it can be entertaining to watch 2 guys get in a pissing contest , however when it starts to get in the way of baseball and occupies half or more of an entire page it then it's not really much of a discussion the others are interested in (ie it starts to fill the board with non padre stuff) If you guys want this stuff to just stick around here and let it fester on and on just say so.....I'll leave it......I'm not running a fucking thing....just trying to moderate as little as possible. I don't even go to the fucking political playground anymore so have zero idea whats going on there.....hell of a moderator eh????? lol. Anyways carry on,,,,,,no one here is gonna ever be percieved by me as being a bad guy....you guys can perceive each other as such. We are such a small group now that even ONE poster that leaves ends up being half the fucking forum LOLOLOLOL. All I have to say on that. And to wit....if I'm ever perceived as being a lousy moderator or crimping anyone's style just say so.....but I don't think I can reach Conc or Ray anymore to take my moderator badge off LOLOLOL. This is like being around after the apocalypse.....the America's Finest Apocalyptic Forum he he.

BTW I attempted to edit back those posts so Walt could read em and they were there and now back to deleted...WTF. Have no idea why that happened. Will try again.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
shit.....apparently I'm not able to reselect those posts and 'approve' them so they stick here......not an option apparently.......once refreshed they just go back to being deleted.....ah well.....shoulda sent em to the playground per usual then could have retrieved em back here....my bad. Sorry walt......you great lakes posters (all one of you) will have to suffer sorry.....you'll just have to believe they were non padre entertaining stuff.....I might be able to copy and paste but damn.....is that worth it? Lemme know. Carry on.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I have no idea what's going on. I watch the day games on delay at night so I basically go dark to avoid spoilers and missed all the drama lol.
yeah you really missed out.....think of it as having missed the greatest walkoff in Friar history, thats how entertaining it was :roflmao: :D

• Haha

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
  • Azocar hit a single, triple and double bats yesterday. He came to the plate with the bases loaded in the eighth inning and hit into an inning-ending double play. He was unaware his first career home run would have completed the cycle. “I don’t remember that I get a double. So I just tried to hit a line drive up the middle.”

• Alfaro’s home run yesterday off the front of the highest balcony on the Western Metal Building had an exit velocity of 114.8 mph. It was his second-hardest ball in play this season behind a 115.2 mph lineout on June 11. He has the three hardest balls put in play by a Padres batter this season. (And seven of the nine hardest.)

• Both Padres catchers were in the lineup together for the first time since May 9. Alfaro, who served as designated hitter and batted cleanup yesterday, is batting .325 with a .947 OPS over his past 24 games. Nola is batting .276 with a .718 OPS over his past 24 games.

• The Padres committed a season-high four errors yesterday, two of them by Martinez in the ninth inning. They no longer have the fewest errors in the majors. Their 27 errors on the season are second fewest behind the Mariners’ 25. Said Melvin: “That was a sloppy game for us today. We usually don’t play like that. You always take a win over anything, but we’re also very prideful in the way we play the game, and want to get through it and certainly not make four errors.”

• The Padres (44-27) are a season-high 17 games above .500 for the second time this season. They were also 17 games over this past Friday before being swept in Colorado.

• The Padres came home after a 10th consecutive loss at Coors Field, their personal house of horrors, to face the right team. They are now 20-9 against the Diamondbacks at Petco Park since 2019, their best record against any divisional opponent at home in that span. The Padres have won six straight overall against the Diamondbacks after losing on opening day.

• Grisham was 2-for-4 yesterday and got his batting average up to .190 for the first time since the season’s fifth game. He is batting .245/.333/.441 in his past 30 games. That is pretty close to the .243/.334/.424 career line he brought into the season.

• The Padres begin a four-game series today against the Phillies, who are 18-14 since the Padres took two of three at Citizens Bank Park last month. Phillies designated hitter Bryce Harper’s 1.005 career OPS is the 12th highest ever and the highest among qualifying active players against the Padres.

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
yeah weird planning re: Jake being out of all things on his bobble head night, and offense taken down a notch....Go Joe....gonna have to be really on.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
ha ha...gonads lost to the braves 7-6......a win today and we pick up a game on em.....

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Fender and Harryo argue about the ball in the dugout.

Gilly comes in. Peace is returned.
Fender and Harryo both back. Each got a ball.

well the difference is golden retrievers (and dogs) can breed. We cannot here so our numbers can only decline with age :eek: As I said America's Finest Apocalyptic Forum......Gotta save the species, we are endangered.:tup:

Reactions: Faded Blues

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
This is literally a spring training lineup. The 4 best hitters are not even in the lineup.
yeah not liking it at all......is this by force due to injury or mandatory rest??? wth. Phillies are not great but not bad either. I think they have improved under the interim manager.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
yeah not liking it at all......is this by force due to injury or mandatory rest??? wth. Phillies are not great but not bad either. I think they have improved under the interim manager.
i think bob is hoping that Joe dominates and we can win a squeaker. Definitely see crone getting a ph opportunity. Maybe even manny as well if necessary.

Reactions: TTK and Gill Man

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
Phillies have been on fire the entire month (13-3) until the last three games, which they've lost. Hopefully they've finally cooled off.

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
great D in the 1st inning stops the phils cold....great throw from RF to 2nd to nab the lead runner, then ...wait for it....Hos makes a great stab of a liner and a one hop to get the lastout at first.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Mus is in the groove........hopefully he goes 7-8 innings and shuts them out.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Hos saves Kim....having an epic night so far defensively and offensively.