2022 hopefully not harpooned Padre Season, Tale of the Whale by Bob Melville

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
so the dogs are trailing the reds early 3-0 and the fucking gnats are beating the braves 1-0 in the first....what's with the fucking braves and laying down for the gnats at home?????

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
martinez giving a classic clinic in how not to pitch in the 9th with a huge lead

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
martinez with the dumbass play of the game.....wtf is that guy thinking??????? ygbsm......I wonder what his IQ is????

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Nice comeback sweep series after getting rolled in Colorado. Says a lot about the teams character that they fight back to sweep and didn’t get down in the dumps with the machado news.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
let's fucking stop with the pissing contests....all those posts deleted in the interest of Friar Harmony. That is all.

Reactions: Faded Blues

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
3-0 in the Mannyless era!

League needs to be put on notice once Tatis and Machado come back.
well let's not go overboard, it was the snakes after all. But yeah....you gotta take care of business which we did. One tomato can swept. Next.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
what the fuck swamp lizard?? Reading that stuff makes my morning!!! Let’s fucking rumble!!!

:D:D:D
There ya go, read on . I forgot lake man was in a different time zone. Have fun, they go to the playground though in a day, ;)
I’ll title it Fucking Friday Nite Friar Fights:D:tup:

Last edited:
Reactions: wrbanwal

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
It can get entertaining but it does feel the board with non padre stuff.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
There ya go, read on . I forgot lake man was in a different time zone. Have fun, they go to the playground though in a day, ;)
I’ll title it Fucking Friday Nite Friar Fights:D:tup:

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
My Debbie Downer post of the day. :)

Abrams apparently can't hit MLB pitching.
Clevinger is turning into Snell 2.0.
I thought clevinger did well yesterday and feel he is trending in the right direction.

Abrams has shown some signs of improvement. This might be a case to sell high on abrams.

Reactions: TTK

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I’ll just say this: bullshit is bullshit and I will call you on it just as you (the royal you) will call me on whatever you perceive as bullshit (example: I know my opinion of Idiot Tatis is unpopular, so be it). I won’t back down from a pissing contest and moving that over to another thread defeats the purpose of discussion IMO but I don’t run this place.

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
I thought clevinger did well yesterday and feel he is trending in the right direction.

Abrams has shown some signs of improvement. This might be a case to sell high on abrams.
He still throws way too many pitches and balls to every batter. I realize he's coming off of TJ and now the COVID list but he's struggling out there every time, just like Snell. The good news is that both he and Snell have time to turn it around before crunch time.

Abrams is still constantly swinging at bad pitches and isn't hitting the balls he's making contact with well. His Avg Exit Velocity is second worst on the team, hard hit percentage worst and barrel rate is near the bottom.

The good news about Manny possibly coming back soon is obvious but Abrams will lose his playing time and will probably be sent back down and we'll be stuck with Alcantara again, who is even a worse hitter but he can afford to rot on the bench. Abrams can't.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I’ll also say this: if I’m perceived as some kind of bad guy here just let me know. I try to post mixing facts with opinions. If I rub you the wrong way just say so.