2022 hopefully not harpooned Padre Season, Tale of the Whale by Bob Melville

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
If we can somehow get out from under junior then good. Do it. If he wants to be a Padre one day at a time then get the fuk on board junior, shut the fuk up with your I’m the greatest bullshiit and play the game as a teammate

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
These moves are a clear message to Junior that the future of his career with the Padres rests solely in his hands, and it’s up to him to dig himself out.
yeah , for Jr. it's "you are a Padre one year at a time" I think , for whatever reason, whether it's coming off 'roids, or the wrist screw having to be revised and uncertainty there, or uncertainty re: his attitude about being jacked around away from his natural preferred position, the Padres are covering their asses with this Mr. X move. IMO Jr. will play the good soldier for a year or 2 until he's proven he's 100% of what he was. If the Padres persist in leaving him in the doghouse in RF or LF he will want out and ask his agent to seek a trade. Just think that is going to be the inevitable in all this....Jr. wants to be the center of attention at SS, it's where he can fully exhibit his freakish skills. Sure, he is wise to go along with the OF or DH and to preserve his body for now and until all the dust settles from the surgeries (shoulder and wrist) and his PED suspension. Once that is all behind him, though, he's gonna want to be THE MAN. The Padres are not going to allow it IMO. And that will force the situation. It's just a matter of time. Mark my words. I'll rerprise this post when it happens ;)

add: Can you imagine Tatis Sr. having a shit fit after that signing of X??? :laugh:

Reactions: Fender57

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
I think we're in a great spot with Tatis.

He no longer has to be the guy with Machado, Soto and Xander on the team now. It will take a ton of pressure on him. He just needs to get healthy and stay focused on baseball.

I think he's going to come back humbled but with fire to prove himself again.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Tatis will lead the Padres in batting next season.

Fans love to say, “Trade Sotois waste, trade him.....we don't need Tatis.....this guy Snell should be dumped.......” Moral attitudes on who did what, why they did it, and what it means...love to bring up “chemistry”, etc. etc.
And what do the players say? What did Manny say?

“We just wanna win.”

Last edited:
Reactions: TTK