2022 hopefully not harpooned Padre Season, Tale of the Whale by Bob Melville

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Angels get Renfroe for guys named Junk, Semen and Pendejo. We could’ve gotten this guy for pretty cheap and moved Soto to LF.

ha ha, junk semen and pendejo.......maybe dean will bring them in for a look-see

• Haha
Reactions: Fender57

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
Angels get Renfroe for guys named Junk, Semen and Pendejo. We could’ve gotten this guy for pretty cheap and moved Soto to LF.

didn’t he pass through our finest city already?

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
1. Think Angls trying to woo Ohanti into staying.

2. Made $7.5 million last year....but...
Projections have him earning a deal worth more than $11 million, a number Milwaukee likely wasn’t comfortable with considering how well Frelick, Ruiz and Wiemer performed at Class AAA Nashville in 2022.
LOL Renfroe isn't turning the Angles around. Ohtani isn't a dummy.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
LOL Renfroe isn't turning the Angles around. Ohtani isn't a dummy.
ha, that might convince him to get the hell out lmao....seriously I liked Renfroe, Mol'e, guys like that. Chemistry guys. But at some point if you are planning on slaying dragons you gotta cut bait and upgrade. Money money money.

Reactions: TTK

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
ha, that might convince him to get the hell out lmao....seriously I liked Renfroe, Mol'e, guys like that. Chemistry guys. But at some point if you are planning on slaying dragons you gotta cut bait and upgrade. Money money money.
I like Renfroe too. He is still a pretty good player but what are the Angels doing exactly?

Trading off a bunch of their "better" players not named Ohtani or Trout at the deadline. And now sending off prospects for Renfroe and signing Anderson from the Dodgers.

It's like they don't have any direction right now. Are they really any better now then they were a couple of months ago? Seems like they're going in circles.

Ohtani needs to get the hell out of there.

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I like Renfroe too. He is still a pretty good player but what are the Angels doing exactly?

Trading off a bunch of their "better" players not named Ohtani or Trout at the deadline. And now sending off prospects for Renfroe and signing Anderson from the Dodgers.

It's like they don't have any direction right now. Are they really any better now then they were a couple of months ago? Seems like they're going in circles.

Ohtani needs to get the hell out of there.
It's very distressing that Ohtani, a generational talent , is stuck on that crappy team with zero chance to get to the playoffs the way they are operating.

Reactions: TTK

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
According to Statcast, Grisham was the highest rated defensive centerfielder in the National League. Now if he could just get his average up to say, .230 and keep his power numbers he’d be good to go.

Grisham narrowly edged Siri for the most Outs Above Average among regular center fielders. He made 17 plays with a catch probability of 50% or lower, more than any other outfielder, including five five-star catches (25% catch probability or lower).

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
According to Statcast, Grisham was the highest rated defensive centerfielder in the National League. Now if he could just get his average up to say, .230 and keep his power numbers he’d be good to go.

Grisham narrowly edged Siri for the most Outs Above Average among regular center fielders. He made 17 plays with a catch probability of 50% or lower, more than any other outfielder, including five five-star catches (25% catch probability or lower).

hang a star on that one

~regards

Lieutenant Colonel Jerry F. Coleman

TTK

Darvished!
Jul 30, 2007
Going after Boegarts tells me they don’t think Junior is a slam dunk to return.
I think Fernando is going to LF. This allows us to go after a shortstop or second baseman and slide Jake over to 1B or just go after a first baseman.

Reactions: Fender57

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

Very pleased if judge returned to the pin stripes.
yeah I'd hate it if the gnats get him.....the problem is the guy's hometown is up there in the bay area. Huge advantage for the gnats plus they have the money. Praying the guy stays in NY. He should because it's way more endorsements and publicity. Hopefully his agent keeps him in NY for those intangible financial reasons.