2021 NFL News Thread

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Exactly, I never caught on where or when it was.
Chuggers: anyone who guesses all choices correctly will get $10.
Fell asleep after third round, you get $15.
Round 1, Pick No. 17: -- Too small jones
  • Round 3, Pick No. 79: -- Will be out of the league in two years.
  • Round 4, Pick No. 123: -- Telesco special
  • Round 5, Pick No. 160: -- A field gal kicker to be name later.
  • Round 6, Pick No. 195: -- A guy drafted from the parking lot of 7/11
  • Round 6, Pick No. 214 (compensatory) -- A future injured reserve player
  • Round 7, Pick No. 236: -- Last play U
  • Round 7, Pick No. 254 (compensatory): -- A poor guy that has to play for the chargers
  • Round 7, Pick No. 255 (compensatory): -- A dude who wont make it to training camp before getting cut.
  • Round 7, Pick No. 260 (compensatory): -- A guy telesco thought was a steal because he last name was rice, but no relation to jerry.
Do I get the 10$?

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I admit I no longer know a bulldog from a hotdog. But I found this unsurprsing.
Among Thursday night’s 32 first-round picks, 20 of them were blue-chip recruits coming out of high school:

• 8 were five-star recruits coming out of high school including 6 of the top 10 picks
  • 12 were four-star recruits
  • 9 were three-star recruits
  • 1 was a two-star recruit
  • 2 were unrated (Zion Johnson and Trevor Penning)

Jason Starrett

Jason Starrett·
Deputy Managing Editor, College Football

Reactions: Faded Blues

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Lmfao.
The nfl claims that the browns did not tank. Must be so. 0-16 was not enough evidence to prove tanking.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I find it amazing that a team can be ranked top ten and didn’t even make the playoffs.

this happens every year,,,,it's an annual ritual. The chugs are hyped by the press and media and phantom rankings and are picked to with the division and go to the playoffs and are a SB contender. Never pans out. This is no different. Another fakeout so a lot of folks are gonna lose money again by not learning from history......spanos is a loser. Period. End of story.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
this happens every year,,,,it's an annual ritual. The chugs are hyped by the press and media and phantom rankings and are picked to with the division and go to the playoffs and are a SB contender. Never pans out. This is no different. Another fakeout so a lot of folks are gonna lose money again by not learning from history......spanos is a loser. Period. End of story.
I have Chiefs, Broncos (Wilson is a super upgrade), Raiders/Chuggers.
I don't think there will be so many 9-8 clubs. More 11-6 clubs and more 5-11 clubs.

But the whole League with Europe and scheduling....the teams are meaningless, just like the results. It's a production company providing consumer gamble ready consumption.
Both teams allowed to score in overtime. Good Lord, the NHL knows one winner per game, one winner per series, scoring first is what makes you care.

Reactions: Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
How screwed up is all of this?
040406D8-5CE8-4163-B0C0-3B3CDD7C7D0B.jpeg

If the receiving team's returner manages to get tackled in the end zone...2 points....tackling team is the winner. But if tackling team in another game, runs 99 yards and scores a touchdown, seven points, they did nothing. They have to go out playing defense.
It's all done to keep the show and gambling going on. Today, the owners of the theater companies would request Shakespeare to write alternative endings, in new Hamlet, Hammy survives the duel as does the King and they have a 30 minute break and another duel.

Last edited:

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Ôm
How screwed up is all of this?
View attachment 9275

If the receiving team's returner manages to get tackled in the end zone...2 points....tackling team is the winner. But if tackling team in another game, runs 99 yards and scores a touchdown, seven points, they did nothing. They have to go out playing defense.
It's all done to keep the show and gambling going on. Today, the owners of the theater companies would request Shakespeare to write alternative endings, in new Hamlet, Hammy survives the duel as does the King and they have a 30 minute break and another duel.
The fact that they have to specify a safety results in a winner let’s you know about tampering concerns.