2021 NFL News Thread

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Check this out, Joseph Tsai is a focal point of the NBA-China controversy. I'm wasn't sure where to post this, probably will end up in the playground LOL. My take is I was all for Joseph Tsai spearheading a major league sport complex in SD....now not so sure, just more baggage looks like, probably too controversial. Sometimes you gotta stand for something and put ethics ahead of greed/profit. Figured I'd post here because we'd talked about him maybe being the answer to having an NFL team here in SD. Personally I'd check Tsai off the list after finding this out, although he's not the ONLY NBA owner who is controversial in this regard, just pretty much by far the focal point. I'd say check the guy off the list of 'saviours'. JMHO.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Check this out, Joseph Tsai is a focal point of the NBA-China controversy. I'm wasn't sure where to post this, probably will end up in the playground LOL. My take is I was all for Joseph Tsai spearheading a major league sport complex in SD....now not so sure, just more baggage looks like, probably too controversial. Sometimes you gotta stand for something and put ethics ahead of greed/profit. Figured I'd post here because we'd talked about him maybe being the answer to having an NFL team here in SD. Personally I'd check Tsai off the list after finding this out, although he's not the ONLY NBA owner who is controversial in this regard, just pretty much by far the focal point. I'd say check the guy off the list of 'saviours'. JMHO.
I dont like espn articles. They exaggerated things for click bait. You have to put this in perspective. Disney-ABC-ESPN are all one company. Disney has no problems doing business with China. There is a reason disney is picking on Joe Tsai. Figure that out and you understand why ESPN did a hit piece.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I dont like espn articles. They exaggerated things for click bait. You have to put this in perspective. Disney-ABC-ESPN are all one company. Disney has no problems doing business with China. There is a reason disney is picking on Joe Tsai. Figure that out and you understand why ESPN did a hit piece.
Same old story, if many are doing it, it's therefore ok. Not true IMO. You have to stand for something and if human rights are violated to the extent mainland china is doing it you have to make sacrifices to make a statement. Too ideailistic? Maybe. But I'm sticking to principle. No Tsai for me....or any other company that enables that stuff the CCP is doing. So money and profit validate human suffering. Not buying it. Disney can suck it too.

Reactions: ThunderHorse17

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Joseph Tsai, like any other successful capitalist, is loyal to one thing: his financial empire.
yeah maybe capitalism is therefore a system with a built in suicide mechanism. Freedom comes with responsibility but human nature is such that greed does not stop at a certain point .......it's the cash register put on automatic pilot, ethics and morals be damned. Sucks if ya ask me. But I've alway been an idealist. Ah well, America is in terminal decline and China is a rising empire....empires come and go.....we are going unfortunately lol.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Same old story, if many are doing it, it's therefore ok. Not true IMO. You have to stand for something and if human rights are violated to the extent mainland china is doing it you have to make sacrifices to make a statement. Too ideailistic? Maybe. But I'm sticking to principle. No Tsai for me....or any other company that enables that stuff the CCP is doing. So money and profit validate human suffering. Not buying it. Disney can suck it too.
I am mentioning that Disney pointing out tsai's dealing with china is the "Pot calling the kettle black." I have moved on from Tsai. Clearly, he has no interest in moving a professional team here which ended after Brooklyn built him an arena. I have also not seen his name mentioned to a football team in a long time.

Besides, I dont want a football team. Too expensive.

I would rather have upgraded community colleges and 2 brand new hospitals like we have in san diego compared to the 1.4 billion the bills are going to get. Stupid money for 10 games a year.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Minor correction: the arena in Brooklyn was not built for him, he bought the Nets about two years after the previous owner built it. The rumors for San Diego happened after that, mainly because he owns a home here. Clearly he’s not going to do anything in regards to the NBA here.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
So between Revitate and Legends? 15,000 capacity seems better. That rendering didn't look too bad. Need to see more detail though.

Reactions: Fender57

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
And in “creative ways to bury a crisis”, here’s a new challenge for Goodell to spin and ultimately try to bury.

I think that idea dropped once Flores started his lawsuit. Good for Brady cause the nfc south sucks balls so an easy road to the playoffs. Plus does Brady really want to face buff and billicheat twice a year?

Reactions: Gill Man

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I think that idea dropped once Flores started his lawsuit. Good for Brady cause the nfc south sucks balls so an easy road to the playoffs. Plus does Brady really want to face buff and billicheat twice a year?
True, but apparently Brady was that mystery QB on the boat when Flores ran off so as to not participate in the collusion. That was before Brady even left the Pats. And the word is he was trying to get back to Miami with this retirement stunt but the Bucs wasn’t having any of that bullshit, they refused to deal. The balls on this guy, always thinking he’s above the rules.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
True, but apparently Brady was that mystery QB on the boat when Flores ran off so as to not participate in the collusion. That was before Brady even left the Pats. And the word is he was trying to get back to Miami with this retirement stunt but the Bucs wasn’t having any of that bullshit, they refused to deal. The balls on this guy, always thinking he’s above the rules.

Brady never left the Bucs roster. He was still under contract despite announcement of retirement. This is a clear cut case of tampering, which Goofus Goodle will ignore because Brady ani't black and Ross and Glazer are owners and you only suspend owners as in never. Rules and policies are for players and fans who refuse to shake out enough coins.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...y-remain-on-the-buccaneers-roster-until-june/

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018

Brady never left the Bucs roster. He was still under contract despite announcement of retirement. This is a clear cut case of tampering, which Goofus Goodle will ignore because Brady ani't black and Ross and Glazer are owners and you only suspend owners as in never. Rules and policies are for players and fans who refuse to shake out enough coins.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...y-remain-on-the-buccaneers-roster-until-june/
don’t blame the goat. Period.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Seen this?
——
Michigan defensive end Aidan Hutchinson has fallen to +150, followed by N.C. State tackle Ikem Ekwonu at +600 and Oregon defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux, at +1800. Alabama tackle Evan Neal continues to provide great value at +1800.

Walker is also the new favorite at DraftKings and FanDuel. Hutchinson, at +110, is now the PointsBet favorite to go to Detroit with the No. 2 overall pick.
—-
That's “your modern NFL”. Recall when drafts were promoted as Peyton having long ball accuracy or a defensive player as fast but smart in how to tackle.. Now, it's your betting line.
Absurd. I can't and won't follow it,

And if Musk buys Twitter, I'm dropping my account and searching that side of the
River of misinformation, no more.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Seen this?
——
Michigan defensive end Aidan Hutchinson has fallen to +150, followed by N.C. State tackle Ikem Ekwonu at +600 and Oregon defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux, at +1800. Alabama tackle Evan Neal continues to provide great value at +1800.

Walker is also the new favorite at DraftKings and FanDuel. Hutchinson, at +110, is now the PointsBet favorite to go to Detroit with the No. 2 overall pick.
—-
That's “your modern NFL”. Recall when drafts were promoted as Peyton having long ball accuracy or a defensive player as fast but smart in how to tackle.. Now, it's your betting line.
Absurd. I can't and won't follow it,

And if Musk buys Twitter, I'm dropping my account and searching that side of the
River of misinformation, no more.
well you need to cancel your twitter account. It’s official musk bought twitter. I canceled mine years ago. Nothing coherent can be said in a 140 characters or less.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
well you need to cancel your twitter account. It’s official musk bought twitter. I canceled mine years ago. Nothing coherent can be said in a 140 characters or less.
I have to admit that as I follow the Ventura County Fire Dept., the LA County Fire Dept. and other Fire Depts and I like to know their latest immediate news, I will for now keep an open account. But for the rest of it, I won't post or link, unless. Jesus tells me to........I will be curious as to see how international news, like Ukraine, and Covid outbreaks are handled....or
how they are they “managed.”

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Never got on board. Twitter was a stupid waste of time. I think og tweets were like (jus had ham and eggs for breakfast, yum) and I was not interested in hearing or sharing that kind of trivial shit. Seems that's all Twitter ever offered to this day.

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
I have to admit that as I follow the Ventura County Fire Dept., the LA County Fire Dept. and other Fire Depts and I like to know their latest immediate news, I will for now keep an open account. But for the rest of it, I won't post or link, unless. Jesus tells me to........I will be curious as to see how international news, like Ukraine, and Covid outbreaks are handled....or
how they are they “managed.”
Always smart to keep an eye on the enemy or rather the Devil you know. Satan is the prince of the air waves as well.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I just saw the nfl draft is tonight. hahaha.

file that under who gives to shiits. And hey dean, fuck off
Exactly, I never caught on where or when it was.
Chuggers: anyone who guesses all choices correctly will get $10.
Fell asleep after third round, you get $15.
Round 1, Pick No. 17: --
  • Round 3, Pick No. 79: --
  • Round 4, Pick No. 123: --
  • Round 5, Pick No. 160: --
  • Round 6, Pick No. 195: --
  • Round 6, Pick No. 214 (compensatory) --
  • Round 7, Pick No. 236: --
  • Round 7, Pick No. 254 (compensatory): --
  • Round 7, Pick No. 255 (compensatory): --
  • Round 7, Pick No. 260 (compensatory): --

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
This man is an inspiration.

“I have great respect for Brian,” Goodell said. “He’s a great coach and I think a great man, so I’m glad he’s coaching with the Steelers. We’re taking everything he’s talked about as far as opportunities for African-American coaches, and other people of color, including women. We want to make sure that we’re doing better there. We’ve been very deliberate and intentional at our efforts in diversity and inclusion, but we haven’t done as well with head coaches, so we want to make sure we’re doing everything we can in that area. . . . It’s something we want to do better and I believe we will.”

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
This man is an inspiration.

“I have great respect for Brian,” Goodell said. “He’s a great coach and I think a great man, so I’m glad he’s coaching with the Steelers. We’re taking everything he’s talked about as far as opportunities for African-American coaches, and other people of color, including women. We want to make sure that we’re doing better there. We’ve been very deliberate and intentional at our efforts in diversity and inclusion, but we haven’t done as well with head coaches, so we want to make sure we’re doing everything we can in that area. . . . It’s something we want to do better and I believe we will.”
lmfao.