2021 NFL News Thread

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
There are less and less hometowns in the NFL. Esp. in places like LA, Vegas, everywhere.
People sell their tickets to the highest bidder. It's a fantasy streaming betting game now.
You want ur hometown to win...but you want, like NFL, the (potential) cash more.
LA was doing just fine before the NFL decided LA needed two teams, they enjoyed watching the game of the week and I don’t think there were enough Rams fans left in LA. If they wanted a team back in LA clearly it should’ve been the Raiders.
these posts say it all. I remember when the rams were it STL and Raiders gone many fans being inteviewed about a year later. They almost 100% were totally fine with it and said exactly what Fender said....they loved getting 2 prime spot games every Sunday. There is a very good reason the Rams and Raiders both left and that was evident on Sunday when most of the stadium was filled with Niner fans.....SoFi filled with Niner fans in a huge interdivisional rivalry and the Rams looking like a potential SB team (up til the 2nd half of that game). The Niner fans made a HUGE difference in how the momentum shifted in the 2nd half, the Rams and McYay!!!!! looked bewildered and on there back foot due to the crowd largely. Stafford was having trouble getting the audibles out and even hearing his helmet mic. WTH. The Rams players looked totally dejected by it. And that is supposed to be the media hub for the NFL going forward. Bad move not letting the Raiders back and giving them sole right for the first 5 years at least. GTFO dean..you POS.

Reactions: Fender57

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
these posts say it all. I remember when the rams were it STL and Raiders gone many fans being inteviewed about a year later. They almost 100% were totally fine with it and said exactly what Fender said....they loved getting 2 prime spot games every Sunday. There is a very good reason the Rams and Raiders both left and that was evident on Sunday when most of the stadium was filled with Niner fans.....SoFi filled with Niner fans in a huge interdivisional rivalry and the Rams looking like a potential SB team (up til the 2nd half of that game). The Niner fans made a HUGE difference in how the momentum shifted in the 2nd half, the Rams and McYay!!!!! looked bewildered and on there back foot due to the crowd largely. Stafford was having trouble getting the audibles out and even hearing his helmet mic. WTH. The Rams players looked totally dejected by it. And that is supposed to be the media hub for the NFL going forward. Bad move not letting the Raiders back and giving them sole right for the first 5 years at least. GTFO dean..you POS.
Seriously, NFL, Why not make the Chargers, Jags, maybe even a third entry...”mobile” teams
They have no fanbase, no stadium...so you schedule them not for just one International game
but 4-6 games a season. You have three, tops, home games at SoFi, say Raiders and Chiefs and
Best incoming team, like the Patriots, normal divisional away games. That's 6. Now you have 11 games to get the Chuggers in London, Germany, or Mexico City. Maybe even two games Mexico, two weeks in Europe for London and Germany and a bye week.

Folks in those countries don't care about “LA” or “Jacksonville” just the “Chargers”
the “Jaguars.” And T-Shirts. Like we'd care if it was Dusseldorf Broncos or Berlin Broncos.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
While we're fantasizing about what the future of NFL looks like, I thought I'd share mine...

Yesterday, a judge in Colorado threw out the "right of first refusal" challenge by the Bronco's former owner's heirs, essentially paving the way for some outside interest to buy the Broncos. Jeff Bezos, who has already infiltrated the NFL with his Amazon Prime deal for TNF, buys the Broncos with his earnings from last Friday! He wants a real cowboy to ride the white bronco on the sidelines, so he pays Jerry Jones $1B a year to ride the team mascot....Which would force the other billionaires he's in the dick measuring contest with to try to out do him.
Elon Musk looks in to his piggy bank and takes out $10B in loose change, buys the Chargers and builds them the TESLA DOME in San Diego. I can't think of a better corporate marriage than one between an Electric Car Company with an NFL team named Chargers!! As a promotion, to ingratiate himself to the city, he puts the entire Spanos family in a rocket and blasts them off to space!!
Recently divorced Billy Gates decides to sow his wild oats and buys the Raiders and moves them to his Gates of Hell Dome in Oakland. He changes their moniker to "Just WINdows Baby!"
Warren Buffet buys the nearest team he can find, the Kansas City Chiefs....Moves them to Nebraska, and builds a Oracle of Omaha Dome with seating for only him and a bunch of his closest family and friends...Ticket costs mirror Berkshire Hathaway stock...$483,875.00!!

Overnight, the AFC West goes from the Division featuring the league's "poorest" owners to one where the combined owner's net worth exceeds France, Germany, and England's combined GDP! The rest of the league quits!!

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
While we're fantasizing about what the future of NFL looks like, I thought I'd share mine...

Yesterday, a judge in Colorado threw out the "right of first refusal" challenge by the Bronco's former owner's heirs, essentially paving the way for some outside interest to buy the Broncos. Jeff Bezos, who has already infiltrated the NFL with his Amazon Prime deal for TNF, buys the Broncos with his earnings from last Friday! He wants a real cowboy to ride the white bronco on the sidelines, so he pays Jerry Jones $1B a year to ride the team mascot....Which would force the other billionaires he's in the dick measuring contest with to try to out do him.
Elon Musk looks in to his piggy bank and takes out $10B in loose change, buys the Chargers and builds them the TESLA DOME in San Diego. I can't think of a better corporate marriage than one between an Electric Car Company with an NFL team named Chargers!! As a promotion, to ingratiate himself to the city, he puts the entire Spanos family in a rocket and blasts them off to space!!
Recently divorced Billy Gates decides to sow his wild oats and buys the Raiders and moves them to his Gates of Hell Dome in Oakland. He changes their moniker to "Just WINdows Baby!"
Warren Buffet buys the nearest team he can find, the Kansas City Chiefs....Moves them to Nebraska, and builds a Oracle of Omaha Dome with seating for only him and a bunch of his closest family and friends...Ticket costs mirror Berkshire Hathaway stock...$483,875.00!!

Overnight, the AFC West goes from the Division featuring the league's "poorest" owners to one where the combined owner's net worth exceeds France, Germany, and England's combined GDP! The rest of the league quits!!
Like it all except the last sentence. The rest of the League is fired and replaced by a Chinese chip makers and all GM are now called Directors of Content, all players need to left NFLPA and join the Screen Actors Guild. Players will be assigned to skill visual sets, such as “Mobile phone Sales”
or “Insurance sales, appeal gender, Female”.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

Ha ha, great one! Had me rolling on the floor. And Cuba Gooding becomes head on the NFLPA. Actually since its just the afc west left they shitcan goodell and allthe old nfl teams and go back to AFL. Lol re jerrah riding the white bronco. OJ files a lawsuit and wins, so Bezos relent and lets OJAnd Al,Cowlings race around Donkazon Stadium after each donkey score. OJ not satisfied and files a racial descrimination suit and gains control of the whole league. Your Buffalo,Bills are the only team left!!! OJ resurrects the AFL Bills and they finally really win a SB, in fact every year everafter:tup:

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Real prediction:

within 5-10 years

8 playoffs teams per conference
18 regular season games
8 expansion teams

gives

20 teams per conference

4 divisions of 5 teams each

book it.

Reactions: Gill Man

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Real prediction:

within 5-10 years

18 regular season games
8 expansion teams

gives

20 teams per conference

book it.
Coach Kentera was already talking about the eight expansion team notion and how San Diego could be one of those teams, where he lost me was his claim that Snapdragon could be converted to an NFL stadium. I’m not seeing that one.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Real prediction:

within 5-10 years

18 regular season games
8 expansion teams

gives

20 teams per conference

book it.
Don't forget my inter-conference (in effect no conferences) of playoff teams sorted by record.
Still think one division should a “floating” Division of teams that are very poor until they get “healthy”.
Eg Jets, Texan, Jags, Dolphins, Denver. Teams like Chuggers would like to get into that Division to have automatic playoff slot for winning it. Next year the winner is replaced. And other teams are juggled if they get good. No one gives a crap about geography or “rivalries”. Teams are just theater actor units, the Dolphins can be in any city, any Division.
If the Vikings moved to the AFC East, The League would approve.
Don't start that Bears-Viking, Vikings-Packers rivalary. That's two home games maximum per year.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Coach Kentera was already talking about the eight expansion team notion and how San Diego could be one of those teams, where he lost me was his claim that Snapdragon could be converted to an NFL stadium. I’m not seeing that one.
yup.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Coach Kentera was already talking about the eightexpansion team notion and how San Diego could be one of those teams, where he lost me was his claim that Snapdragon could be converted to an NFL stadium. I’m not seeing that one.
If you want to when something is full of shit, it’s when. Coach kentera opens his mouth. He has talk show is like golf: good to listen to when you want to nap.

• Haha

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
.......an Electric Car Company with an NFL team named Chargers!! As a promotion, to ingratiate himself to the city, he puts the entire Spanos family in a rocket and blasts them off to space!!

------------------------

"The Deano 1 Plus 2 launch is here, exculsively on the NFL Network.
With the Wildcard booster, called the Herbert, this will be fantastic."

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I feel sorry for everyone in that organization...Could be worse than the LAC!
Culley's team was undermanned but never laid down...And 1 of their 4 wins was the one that knocked the LAC out!

Firing Culley was a travesty. Even Joe Judge got two years.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
.......an Electric Car Company with an NFL team named Chargers!! As a promotion, to ingratiate himself to the city, he puts the entire Spanos family in a rocket and blasts them off to space!!

------------------------

"The Deano 1 Plus 2 launch is here, exculsively on the NFL Network.
With the Wildcard booster, called the Herbert, this will be fantastic."

that’s exactly what happened to my rocket I made in boyscouts.

rumor is that gil man likes red rockets.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Firing Culley was a travesty. Even Joe Judge got two years.
Culley was hired to deliver the 1st overall pick, and I really thought he was going to deliver...Unfortunately, no one told the plan to David Mills!!

I've been looking in to the Texans' front office dysfunction since the Watson debacle in the offseason. This is a team that purged itself from talent like DeAndre Hopkins and JJ Watt, not to mention Watson himself, and went from winning 21 games from 2018 to 2020 and making the playoffs in consecutive years, to posting an 8- 25 record over the past 2 years.
Cal McNair and his mom, Janice, inherited the team after Bob died in 2018...Cal officially became the CEO in Jan. 2019. In April of 2019 he brought in Jack Easterby over from the Patriot*s organization. Things haven't been the same since!!
There was an SI article in Dec. 2020 that outlines who Jack Easterby is and how he got to where he is, which is eye opening to say the least; but I think that's just the tip of the iceberg with this guy.

I think we're entering in to a new era of NFL football, where many of the old guard in the owners room are dying or soon to be dead. While some of their franchises are sold to the highest bidders; a fair number of them -as we're all too painfully aware- are passing down their teams to their progeny. The league is full of Marks, Cals, and Deanos.

Last edited:

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Culley was hired to deliver the 1st overall pick, and I really thought he was going to deliver...Unfortunately, no one told the plan to David Mills!!

I've been looking in to the Texans' front office dysfunction since the Watson debacle in the offseason. This is a team that purged itself from talent like DeAndre Hopkins and JJ Watt, not to mention Watson himself, and went from winning 21 games from 2018 to 2020 and making the playoffs in consecutive years, to posting an 8- 25 record over the past 2 years.
Cal McNair and his mom, Janice, inherited the team after Bob died in 2018...Cal officially became the CEO in Jan. 2019. In April of 2019 he brought in Jack Easterby over from the Patriot*s organization. Things haven't been the same since!!
There was an SI article in Dec. 2020 that outlines who Jack Easterby is and how he got to where he is, which is eye opening to say the least; but I think that's just the tip of the iceberg with this guy.

I think we're entering in to a new era of NFL football, where many of the old guard in the owners room are dying or soon to be dead. While some of their franchises are sold to the highest bidders; a fair number of them -as we're all too painfully aware- are passing down their teams to their progeny. The league is full of Marks, Cals, and Deanos.
I forgot who the owner of the Texans were but I just know he is an asshole. He was a big proponent of the chargers moving to la. Fuck him and fuck the Texans.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017

League wants owners with “talent”, something good for the League. The Jeff Bezos owner.
The owner who has ties in London. The corporation as owner, eg Disney.
They no longer need or want the Spanos or Davis owner.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
League wants owners with “talent”, something good for the League. The Jeff Bezos owner.
The owner who has ties in London. The corporation as owner, eg Disney.
They no longer need or want the Spanos or Davis owner.
Alex Spanos could dance (allegedly). Dean a zero re: talent. Did you ever watch Alex dance?? If there was a standings for dance, he'd come in last at that too.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I forgot who the owner of the Texans were but I just know he is an asshole. He was a big proponent of the chargers moving to la. Fuck him and fuck the Texans.
He was an asshole, unless you can still be an asshole after you’re dead, which would still make him an asshole.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
yeah I think so, along with several others who were supporters of spenis moving to carson. eff them all. Jerry Richardson was one. Is he TN or CAR??? Either way, yes all assholes. Bottom line is NONE of em cared about the fans of cities like SD, OAK, STL (and ESPECIALLY SD and OAK) who poured out their hearts and their wallets for those teams for decades upon decades and many since childhood, and only to flush all that down the toilet simply so they all could make some more billions over what they already have. Greedy fucking bastards care nothing about the history of the sport, the fans, the storied rivalries, etc .

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
yeah I think so, along with several others who were supporters of spenis moving to carson. eff them all. Jerry Richardson was one. Is he TN or CAR??? Either way, yes all assholes. Bottom line is NONE of em cared about the fans of cities like SD, OAK, STL (and ESPECIALLY SD and OAK) who poured out their hearts and their wallets for those teams for decades upon decades and many since childhood, and only to flush all that down the toilet simply so they all could make some more billions over what they already have. Greedy fucking bastards care nothing about the history of the sport, the fans, the storied rivalries, etc .
Greedy? Yes...Bastards? Yes...Assholes? Yes...but to be fair, the majority of them actually voted against Spanos and his asinine joint venture with the Raiders. Even if they left a door to LA open for him, I have to think many in that room must have been shocked with him actually going through with it. I happen to think he did it out of spite. This was never going to end well for anyone!!